Coffee

xwendywoox

I know you can drink de-caf coffee on atkins, but if you drink normal coffee could it affect your weigh loss or is it purely to stop carb cravings?

I have unknowingly been drinking normal coffee at work (and quite a bit of it) :eek:

Is coffee in general limited too?

xwendywoox

it can cause cravings but some people are ok on coffee im fine i have it with double cream and sweetner its lush and filling i have 3 a day

Sould be ok unless it causes cravings. I cut out caff tea to start just as principle - now try about half and half
Xx

I can only comment on charles clarkes high protein diet, where he says to only drink de-caf (tea/coffee) as caffine stimulates insulin production which i suppose could throw you out of ketosis?

I drink black de-caf with sweetner, occasionally with cream if I'm out and if they froth up the cream for you, its almost like a dessert! Ah the small things :)

I have been drinking it since day one apparently. I haven't had any cravings so and stayed in ketosis throughout. Must just affect people differently.

Thank you all for the info :)

xwendywoox

I couldnt live without my coffee! I have approx 6 cups of black coffee a day with half a teaspoon of splenda. I lose more weight drinking coffee :)

Back