Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Coffee

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by xwendywoox, 23 September 2011 Social URL.

1. xwendywoox

xwendywoox Full Member

Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I know you can drink de-caf coffee on atkins, but if you drink normal coffee could it affect your weigh loss or is it purely to stop carb cravings?

I have unknowingly been drinking normal coffee at work (and quite a bit of it) :eek:

Is coffee in general limited too?

xwendywoox

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. xxxjessiexxx

xxxjessiexxx Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.18%)
    Diet:
    starting low carb
    it can cause cravings but some people are ok on coffee im fine i have it with double cream and sweetner its lush and filling i have 3 a day

4. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Sould be ok unless it causes cravings. I cut out caff tea to start just as principle - now try about half and half
    Xx

5. Nazzyx

Nazzyx Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(5.07%)
    Diet:
    Dr Charles Clarke New High Protein Diet
    I can only comment on charles clarkes high protein diet, where he says to only drink de-caf (tea/coffee) as caffine stimulates insulin production which i suppose could throw you out of ketosis?

I drink black de-caf with sweetner, occasionally with cream if I'm out and if they froth up the cream for you, its almost like a dessert! Ah the small things :)

6. xwendywoox

xwendywoox Full Member

Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have been drinking it since day one apparently. I haven't had any cravings so and stayed in ketosis throughout. Must just affect people differently.

Thank you all for the info :)

xwendywoox

7. kittykat6279

kittykat6279 Mad Take Thatter!

Start Weight:
    9st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.85%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I couldnt live without my coffee! I have approx 6 cups of black coffee a day with half a teaspoon of splenda. I lose more weight drinking coffee :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.