Coffee

Karen1972

Gold Member
I have recently been force feeding myself espresso coffee to stay awake on motorways as i do a LOT of driving for work. And surprisingly i'm really starting to enjoy it! I've never liked coffee so to suddenly like it after 34 years is a real surprise!! Maybe i'm getting addicted? haha.

Anyway, i like espresso's and also i enjoyed my first cup of black proper coffee from a really expensive machine at work last week.

I don't like instant coffee though :( :jelous:

So when i'm working from home i really miss my coffee and the buzz it gives me! Can anyone suggest a way of making lovely coffee at home - without the expense and hassle of buying a proper coffee machine??? What is cafetiere (sp) coffee like??

Thanks in advance!

Hi Karen

Caftieres are good. Not too much hassle and cheap too. May be worth looking at those small machines that have pods or the like though. They seem like a easy and clean way of getting a coffee and you can get a good selection of coffees. I have a big dualit espresso machine but have more or less stopped using it because of my diet, as I had a habit of eating sweet stuff with coffee. It also is large and a bit messy if I'm honest but the coffee is great.

Caftiere is easy and only a small commitment so a good way to start making coffee at home.

Dizzy x

Hi Dizzy

Thanks for that hun!! Yeah i'd love a coffee machine really i would but i know i'd never use it cos the cleaning would put me off!!

I think i'll try a cafetiere then! Can you get the jug and the coffee in tesco???

Hi Dizzy

Thanks for that hun!! Yeah i'd love a coffee machine really i would but i know i'd never use it cos the cleaning would put me off!!

I think i'll try a cafetiere then! Can you get the jug and the coffee in tesco???

I think you probably can and definitely at a big Tesco. Caftiere is easy to clean as you just rinse the grains off and put in the dishwasher. The grains are a bit of a pain though keeping the sink clean. That's why a machine that uses pods or something may be worth looking into sometime.

Dizzy x

Hi Karen,

Look out for thermos cafetieres, then your coffee wont go cold so quickly! Maybe it's time to try the boaters coffee and all those lovely flavours! Think it was Westie who drank loads of the stuff whilst ssing!

Bex xx

Back