Coincidence?

LeleQ1987

Hey!
Well, having reached my 1st goal on Slimming World (-16lbs) I have noticed that my periods are starting to level out again.
I had lost roughly about half a stone from the beginning of the year just by cutting down etc.
Do you think this is just a coincidence? I mean, I know that weight is a factor of PCOS but I didn't expect it to be that obvious hehe
Having normally had one every 2-3 months, I have now had one March, April & May.

I'd be interested to hear if there are any others experienced this, and how much you lost before your cycle came back.

Lele

yes, I have regular periods for the first time in years... they seemed to become like clockwork when my BMI hit the low 30's, before that, they were either missing for months, or abnormally long and heavy.

They also now seem to have stopped being heavy, which is amazing, as it's something I have struggled with all my life!

If I had known losing weight would 'fix' this, it would have been a good motivation to do it years ago!

If my weight goes above 15 stone I get complete cessation, so BMI of 35 or something.

If i get to 14 stone bracket they are erratic anything between 23-80 days.

However, get below 13 stone and I get one a month.

I know it's a total PITA when you have PCOS and all you seem to get told is lose weight, but it really does help the symptoms.

Glad I'm not just jumping to conclusions!

To have them back regularly & not as heavy/painful would be awesome :D
The last few years have been hell...

Happy days!
One step closer on my loooooong journey for baby no2

Got a call 5mins ago that I'm booked in for a hysterosalpingogram on 22nd June. Yikes, 3 weeks away...

I hope so. I didn't have a period for a whole year last year

Lost 2 stones so far and havent had a period since April 10 of this yr so hope they even out soon..

Same thing is happening to me, I have cut down on carbs and been on 9th May, 9th June and awaiting 9th July. Normally im every 5-8months

ahhhhh! today I am supposed to be going into hosp to have my HSG. But unfortunately there was some sort of confusion and I now no longer have an app. need to wait until 1st day of next cycle now :'( wanted it over and done with...

I've only just started SW, but I've found on WW that my periods usually appear within a month of me starting. And - as long as I stick to plan - they even follow a 28 day cycle. I wonder if that means ovulation is actually taking place?

if i weigh anything above 14stone 7 I dont get a period at all. I thought it was only me that was like that but obviously not :)
i then got them every 31 days (which was a lovely change from nothing in 3 years)

Back