Coke zero...... Anything else?

To be honest it should really only be water, black coffee or tea or herbal tea (not fruit tea). If you really must have cola then Coke Zero is the one but I would think it would be one glass or can a day at a push. Some people find cola gives them cravings.

If you decide to drink diet soda choose the ones with malic acid in them, and not citric acid. Citric acid can knock you out of precious ketosis (you want to get there and stay there as quickly as possible so the hunger and cravings will calm down).

Good luck on your new beginning x

Asda Diet coke has malic acid, not citric acid and is a fraction of the cost :)

I believe that M&S diet is a non citric acid cola as well. ALthough having read up on malic and phosphoric acid in drinks as a result of ChunkyMonkey's question theyr'e all derived from similar sources so I'm not quite sure of the logic. I didn't use carbonated drinks on my first time through LL, but this time through CD I did use Coke Zero - it's a useful tool - and I have totally weaned myself off it now I am eating food again!

Starlight I know and I love the Asda zero drinks! But some people who love coca cola insist on coca cola and hate cheaper versions lol.

For a while I was heavily into the Asda diet cherry cola - it was yummy and at the time 48p. Recently however it has suddenly started to taste different, i.e. not as nice. Boo Hoo! But since both Asda colas have malic acid they are my choice over the proper branded cola lol.

Sarahlou - the correct 100% answer is no. I still kind of think the first time you do a VLCD you shoudl try to 100% it to give yourself the best chance. However, some people have found that drinking Coke Zero doesn't take them out of ketosis or cause them any issues. It's not approved by CD, it's not part of the diet, but like I said above - it is a tool you can consider if you are really really struggling) or you're an old hand at the diet and are happy with all the chemically rubbish in diet drinks!

Cerulean said:
Sarahlou - the correct 100% answer is no. I still kind of think the first time you do a VLCD you shoudl try to 100% it to give yourself the best chance. However, some people have found that drinking Coke Zero doesn't take them out of ketosis or cause them any issues. It's not approved by CD, it's not part of the diet, but like I said above - it is a tool you can consider if you are really really struggling) or you're an old hand at the diet and are happy with all the chemically rubbish in diet drinks!

Thanks Hun, this is my 3rd time on a VLCD - all very successful! I think I'll avoid it all the same just in case it doesn't work for me x

Back