Coke zero?

Rosebud

Is it allowed on induction, I'm trying hard to drink water but I HATE water!!!!

Can I have a can a day?

hi there, I believe yr on the Atkins? I haven't done this diet before but have heard about it where sugar is out of the diet and you can only have protein. I am pretty sure you can have coke zero because it has NO sugar which wont interfere in the diet, some diet low cal drinks still have a very small amount of sugar, but some have NO sugar contents, I am pretty sure the ones with 0 sugar are ok....

Yes, strictly speaking it's allowed, but!

Lots of people here seem to have issue with the aspartame sweetener and citric acid in it which can stall them. But I've also read a couple of posts from people saying they can drink it at will.

In my opinion, the biggest problem with it is it encourages cravings for more sweet things. Hence I try to avoid it these days. But if you're craving something sweet it's better than the real thing!

I personally would drink it because I cant stand drinking this so called 8 glasses of water everyday, I do have the tendency to require some kind of fizzy drinks, just make sure its 0 sugar so it wont affect yr diet, coke zero is 0 sugar so it should be o.k, hope this helps x

Coke zero has no citric acid in it, so its allowed for that reason. Depends how sensitive you are to citric acid though as to whether any other drink with it in will knock you out of ketosis

Oh it doesn't? Whoops, sorry for spreading mis-information! :)

Great, best news I've heard all day!!

I would avoid if it's got aspartame in it but I don't know if it has. Pre- Atkins I used to drink this all the time. I now drink fizzy mineral water to get the fizzyness that you are talking about, it does help curb the craving. Sometimes I put a few drops of Lime juice in it to give some flavour. I don't drink tea or coffee so this is what I drink all the time.

I didn't know that citric acid can make you come out of Ketosis how does this happen? Last week when I was drinking diet lemonade (without aspartame) but with citric acid I wasn't losing weight, maybe this was why! But the Ketostix said I was still in Ketosis though. I'm glad you mentioned it I will look out for in the future.

I would avoid if it's got aspartame in it but I don't know if it has. Pre- Atkins I used to drink this all the time. I now drink fizzy mineral water to get the fizzyness that you are talking about, it does help curb the craving. Sometimes I put a few drops of Lime juice in it to give some flavour. I don't drink tea or coffee so this is what I drink all the time.

I didn't know that citric acid can make you come out of Ketosis how does this happen? Last week when I was drinking diet lemonade (without aspartame) but with citric acid I wasn't losing weight, maybe this was why! But the Ketostix said I was still in Ketosis though. I'm glad you mentioned it I will look out for in the future.

i know on LL citric acid was a no-no cos of kicking you out of ketosis ...... so beware xx

Citric acid also wasn't allowed on CD but I think it's because it's a higher carb diet. Three shake a day came to 42g carbohydrates and on induction you can only have 20g so I think the lower carbs may somehow compensate for the citric acid? However I have no idea if that's true lol xx

There speaks the voice of reason. ;)

i'm a little confused now... i thought the reason for not having diet coke was the caffeine, hence why you have to have decaff tea and coffee

could someone clarify? thanks!

You no longer have to have decaff, LD. I believe that's the old guidelines as it's possible caffeine can trigger an insulin response?? (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Diet Coke is allowed too but we had a little poll on here a while ago to find out what stalls people and several said diet coke did, so do be careful with it.

Back