Total Solution Coke Zero

Hi folks
I'm currently on week 2 of exante TS. After reading the thread on here about what you can drink, last week I started having 1 tin of coke zero a day. I then read about the aspartame (sp?) so I swapped to Asda Coke Zero. I did my midweek weigh-in this morning and although I lost 13.5lbs last week, I have only lost 1.75lbs in the past 3 days, despite sticking 100% to the diet. Has anyone else found that coke has affected there losses? With 10 stone to lose, I expected a much bigger loss than this in my 2nd week. I could probably lose more doing a conventional diet. I am going to skip the coke for the next couple of days and see if that helps.
Any words of wisdom would be very much appreciated :)

In the 2nd or 3rd week you will have a slow weight loss week. When I have done a VLCD in the past my slow week has always been the 3rd week. But most people I've chatted too seem to have the slow week in the 2nd week.

On a VLCD you should lose an average of 3 -4 a week. Which works out to be a stone a month or slightly more per month.

You are right in thinking that when you have more to lose, in the beginning you lose more. I've seen people with 10 stone to lose lose 1.5 - 2 stone in the first month. But the second or third week everyone has a small lose (just look at the signatures of those who have been doing this for many weeks and you'll see that the 2nd or 3rd week they had a small lose).

Also remember that a slow lose week is usually followed by a big lose week. That why the average is 3.5 - 4 lbs a week, some weeks you'll lose 2 some weeks you'll lose 3 and some weeks you'll lose 6! Just depends on your hormones, water intake etc.

having said all of that, you are not quite half-way into the week and 1.75lbs at day 3 is likely to become 3- 4 lbs by day 7. So I would hold off on panicking right now and just see the week out!

Hope that helps!

xo

Thanks miss malone
You are right. I should wait until my proper weigh-in before having a panic lol! Will see how it goes over the next couple of weeks. Not ready to jack it in just yet, just wish the pounds would dissolve away lol (very wishful thinking!) :D xxx

I drank coke zero every day this week (probably too much!) and lost 8lbs. You'll have great weeks and not so great weeks but they tend to even out over the month xx

princesspodge said:
I did my midweek weigh-in this morning and although I lost 13.5lbs last week, I have only lost 1.75lbs in the past 3 days, despite sticking 100% to the diet.

Hi Princess, its really not a good idea to weigh yourself more than once a week. It tends not to reflect what you will lose that week and can either make you feel like your failing or give you a boost that might make you think you can afford a treat ;) Try and resist if you can would be my advice xx

I've heard this a fair bit too but what actually is the deal with aspartame is it ok if not why not? Confused!!!! Does it effect ketosis or weight loss?

Ah yeah true :)

I drink coke zero basically all the time, sometimes even a litre a day, and my losses have been pretty decent so far I reckon, so it definitely doesn't affect things! :)

Back