Coke zero!

I think Dr Pepper Zero is ok too? Don't sprite do a zero version now?! Might have to check that one out.

i checked sprite zero and it has citric acid in, same as fanta so although these are lovely flavours,(i used to have them before i started the diet as an alternative to the full cal version), i think because of that form of acid its not allowed. :( whatever acid is on the coke zero, i think its a long name like propoa-something acid (sorry not scientific at all!) then if that's on another zero version we should be ok! check the ingredients before you sip! x

Personally for me, before Cambridge i would drink up to 2 litres of diet coke a day. Since being on this diet i've not had any at all, last night i had 3 sips of a can of diet coke and it was FAR too sweet for me, and actually didnt like the taste any more.

Trip to sainsburys for me this afternoon then. Iz I struggle with the water and never drink enough!

Just had a look at my summer berry cd flavouring and it has malic acid in it!

Ooh! Interesting?! Maybe they are just making us suffer on water for the fun of it?

Its because that amount of citric acid is unlikely to knock you out of ketosis if you stick to reccomendations :)

You can have coke zero as it contains no citric acid which affects ketosis. Diet coke does contain citric acid. But it should be drunk in addition to your water intake, your kidneys still need to flush through the toxic ketones that ketosis produces.

There is a sticky somewhere of drinks that are ketosis friendly. Like sainsburys do a strawberry and kiwi fizzy drink which is safe. Tesco do a strawberry flavoured still water which is safe.

If the ingrediants say citric acud its a no go, malic acid is safe.

Though its not cdc approved, many other vlcd's say its fine. Cambridge has to be firm and have clear guidelines so isnt likely to advocate cheats :)

I cant bear water, so I drink sugar free squash, which isnt allowed and may be slowing down losses but its the only way im going to get 3 litres a day down me :)

Yep, malic acid is safe...

Lx

Carbonated water, colour (caramel E150d), flavourings (including caffeine), phosphoric acid, sweeteners (aspartame, acesulfame-K), preservative (E211). Contains a source of phenylalanine.

This is dr pepper zero ingredients is this ok then as I like this?

Strictly, none of it is 'allowed' on cd so I think you have to make your own mind up. I know lots of people on here have other stuff & certainly my cdc has said that coke zero is fine. I've never had any, partly because I don't drink it normally but also because some people have said that introducing it has made them hungry.

AnnieAnnie said:
Strictly, none of it is 'allowed' on cd so I think you have to make your own mind up. I know lots of people on here have other stuff & certainly my cdc has said that coke zero is fine. I've never had any, partly because I don't drink it normally but also because some people have said that introducing it has made them hungry.

Officially non allowed on ss/ss+ however from step 2 up you are allowed diet drinks.

I drank nothing but water for 12 weeks so on my 810 week i had coke zero it was like heaven i swear ha ha ha it tasted so so sweet but im back on ss now this week so stick to water again but if i feel i need a little something else besides water i wont feel guilty about having a can my cdc said its fine to just not go over board with it.

Back