Coke zero!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by airgirl, 12 July 2008 Social URL.

1. airgirl

airgirl Gold Member

Can somebody tell me what the deal with coke zero is please?

I'm going over to friends tonight with my shake and water...they are all making fajita's and cocktails, can't complain as they are not going out into town just because i said i wasn't really feeling up to it so they suggested staying in.

I know i won't eat anything although the cocktails will be tempting i just really feel like i need something. Something to actually sip and taste and feel like i am having flavour.

Is this a bad idea, i was only thinking one can or half a can but i have been 100% on ss for 9days now and would like to keep it that way...i don't even want one little slip up so please can someone tell me if this would affect me or not or what they reccommend.

Also i am sure i am in ketosis still, there is no reason why i would not be as all i have had for 9days is water and shakes but i'm feeling sooo hungry and my belly is really making noises like it did in the first 3 days and my mood the past 2 days has been really low compared to my upbeat full of life feeling last week....whats happening?xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Pixie

Pixie Silver Member

I used to have coke zero when I did ssing and also perfectly clear strawberry & kiwi, I found it made the difference between sticking to the diet or not.

4. CeeKay

CeeKay Staying on plan!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    coke zero COULD knock you out of ketosis. it can also start off cravings and make you feel hungry.
    if you can keep away from it, all the better hun.

5. HopeSprings

HopeSprings Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.74%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I have coke zero and dr pepper zero too. Been told it's ok and I'm on Day 11. Have a good evening with your friends.

6. abz

abz Gold Member

i have heard it should be avoided hon. it knocks some people out of ketosis and also can set off cravings for everything under the sun. you could undo all the hard work you've done so far...

have a black coffee or save a chocolate milkshake for a little decadence?

abz xx

7. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Official line is big big NO I'm afraid. If I'm going somewhere for an evening, even a friends house I take fizzy water which seems to do the trick.

8. missmf

missmf getting slimmer

Diet:
    cambridge, sole source. (trying!)
    hello!
    have you tried the ss water flavouring? i have mine with sparkling mineral water and its yummy!! x

9. HopeSprings

HopeSprings Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.74%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Good idea missmf, I use the Berry flavour but hadn't thought to use in sparkling water, will give that one a go - cheers!

10. missmf

missmf getting slimmer

Diet:
    i use that flavour too, yummy! i've had one "drink" since being on the diet and thats what i mixed my voddy with too! xx

11. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You realise that drinking on this diet can cause really big health issues, worst case senario you can die!

12. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  13. missmf

missmf getting slimmer

Diet:
    have read it, and took it in. i ate a tuna salad before i went out, and was fine, had a really good night, wasnt ill or too drunk. thanks for your concern.

14. airgirl

airgirl Gold Member

Thanks everyone, have no water flavourings yet so sparkling water it is...oh what a treat. Think i'll avoid the zero as don't wanna risk being kicked out of ketotis. Thanks for all the info.xx

15. Pigsbum

Pigsbum Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I drink pepsi max everyday and last week I lost 10&3/4lb.

16. abz

abz Gold Member

how did it go hon?

abz xx

17. airgirl

airgirl Gold Member

It was ok thanks Abz...just stuck with my water and a black coffee. (just checking which forum i'm in as next bit will contain food ref, lol)...They cooked the fajitas which was hard to deal with, smell of the cooking was driving me insane. And the cocktails looked rubbish anyway so i stayed 100% again which i'm proud of as just over a week ago i know i'd of cracked. How's work going?xx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. abz

abz Gold Member

well done :D and yes, i keep having to check as i keep messing that one up, ha.

work is not going so badly. the sun is shining outside though and i want to be out in it. i would love to go for a walk but my back is really bad today and i don't want to aggrivate it if i'm going to be walking around york tomorrow... there's no sun in my garden in the evenings (schoolboy error in buying first house!!) so i probably won't get much out of it. hopefully tomorrow in york will be just the same :)

abz xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.