COKE ZERO

Hi Maheen,

I had a bottle of coke zero on day 6, it didnt make a difference to my weight loss..

Sarah x

Coke zero doesn't pose a problem for some people so you may be fine in that respect but I really think you should find some way to get all 3 packs in to make sure you get all of the nutrients you need. Is it that you don't like them or are they too rich for you to finish a whole pack at once? Some people split their packs in 2 so that they have 6 mini-meals in the day or others will add extra water to dilute them a bit.

If it's a matter of taste then make sure you try all of the flavours before you give up on them and try some of the shakes warm or iced. It makes a big difference to the taste!

Have you tried the soups? Or making the shakes hot? Like the others have said I wouldn't worry about the coke zero, I haven't been drinking it but was told by my cdc that I could have a couple of cans a day if I wanted. I'm a bit of a diet coke addict so thought it was best for me to stick to water in case I end up drinking litres of the stuff!

Hope you manage to find some flavours you like.

Reading what others have written I feel very excited at the prospect of treating myself to a coke zero!! I am too a bit of a Diet Coke addict so knowing I can have coke zero has really made my day! Has anyone had any negative reactions to coke zero on CD? xx

Me too!!! :)

Diet coke has citric acid in it apparently so no good if you're in Ketosis x

The reason that Coke Zero is 'ok' (although not sanctioned by CD) is because it is zero calories unlike some other diet drinks and also it does not contain citric acid which can throw some people out of ketosis. There's a sticky about it on the main CD page.

Some people don't have any problem with citric acid whereas others will be coke zero is definitely the safer option.

BTW, Coke Zero and Dr Pepper Zero do NOT have citric acid but Sprite Zero and Fanta Zero DO contain citric acid

The reason that Coke Zero is 'ok' (although not sanctioned by CD) is because it is zero calories unlike some other diet drinks and also it does not contain citric acid which can throw some people out of ketosis. There's a sticky about it on the main CD page.

Some people don't have any problem with citric acid whereas others will be coke zero is definitely the safer option.

BTW, Coke Zero and Dr Pepper Zero do NOT have citric acid but Sprite Zero and Fanta Zero DO contain citric acid

Good knowledge! :eek:

Thanks for sharing it around

I too add more water to my shakes, soups etc

200ml in porridge
300ml in shakes
400ml in soups
200ml for mix a mousse

I find it way to rich otherwise :)

Back