Cokes' weightloss journey

cokes

Silver Member
Well Ive been on xenical a week now and healthy eating. I wasn't going to get weighed until I see the Dr again but decided just to sneak a peek to know that I was going in the right direction, he he he! I am not totally sure of my start weight exactly but it looked like alomst 18 stones to start (will check with Dr for right amount before I do a ticker or anything) and today I weigh 17st 6lbs so it's definately going in the right direction. So yay!
The only problem is I am getting a bit of that orange oil :cry:not loads and I'm not having to run to the loo or anything. Ive been really good at checking labels the only thing I think it could be is the marg I use on toast, just looked at that label this morning and its VERY high fat content. Has anyone got any ideas of what I can use instead? I was using Flora light- not any more. That is seriously the only thing it can be, I have stuck to the rules with determination I swear :innocent0002: I really mean it this time to lose weight and I'm not gonna quit even with the orange oil, but I know it shouldn't be happening! At least the weight is coming off. Any ideas would be helpful. I'm gonna go shopping now for more supplies but I'll be back!!!!

Ive been shopping and found nothing good that I can have to put on my toast :(
I don't like cereals, never have. I did get some turkey bacon so may have a couple of rashers of that but don't want that every day. Was tempted to get flavoured oatmeal but it was just above the 5g fat rule so I didn't.
Got some nice things for meals and stocked up on salad and peppers which I really like. Even got some nice looking weight watchers desserts, looking forward to those.
I can see the husband complaining that I didn't get crisps or biscuits. Generally I'm not bothered by biscuits and won't eat them, but if I have a weak moment I'm worried I would reach for them. Definately no crisps as I do have a weakness to snack on them. I am finding i'm enjoying having a couple of satsumas for snacks, so thats good.
Been to my parents this am, had to take my dad for a hospital appointment, nowt serious. We got home before lunch and as soon as I told my mam that I was on a diet she started offering me loads of my favourite (read bad) foods!! No support what so ever. I didn't tell her im taking xenical that would be met with disapproval and stupid bits of advice about losing weight from a mother who is also overweight and treats me like Im 5. She has no right to do this either as she dragged me up, rather than giving me the time and attention I should of had. I have many issues with this. I have been through 2 years of hell with depression- part of the reason I gained weight- and am going through therapy and learning about how my upbringing has lead me to have so many negative feelings about myself. I'm learning to correct those and to me loosing weight is part of that.
I'll never change my mother but I will change my weight. Im so pleased that it's going in the right direction. I'm going to aim to have lost 28lbs over 3 months. That's my goal and Im gonna do it x

Ive been thinking and Ive idenified why I had the orange oil. It must have been from cooking my bolegnase (can't spell it)- I used proper oil instead of light spray! I have had no more orange oil since which is a good sign so Im happy. Im feeling good and think my belly looks a little smaller so motivation is high.

I just got invited to a wedding evening do for a couple of weeks time so I'm a little bit concerned that I'll be tempted by the buffet but I'm going to try my best and not going to drink as its just too many calories. Ive been and bought a new outfit and promised myself this is the last lot of size 18 partywear I'll need.

Im enjoying what Im eating had some nice poached fish last night with a jacket potatoe and loads of salad. Even my husband enjoyed it and it was really low fat. Going a bit more adventurous tonight and having a weight watchers sauce turkey curry. Yum

hiya cokes.my mother sounds like yours.lol.
I have half a tin of beans on my toast without marg.
Also i stay away from spag bol as the beef mince is high in fat.And i cant stand turkey mince. Im not a big fan of the WW meals but love the puddings.
If i want crisps i have either french fries. which are 3g a bag or twiglets which are 2g a bag.
I love hearing what people eat.
good luck cokes will check in tomo with you.

Hi Autumnbabe
I never thought of having something as simple as beans on my toast (doh!). Will probs do this tomorrow. This morning I had 4 black pepper ryvitas just plain and a couple of satsumas after. Really into satsumas at the mo, I think they are satisfying my need for sweetness. WW puddings are delicious aren't they! I had the chocolate brownie frozen pud the other day. My husband didn't believe it was weightwatchers and told me I could buy them again!
Crisps are normally my downfall but I haven't felt the need for any so far but will keep those in mind. I'm finding that I'm full after every meal now, think my stomach is shrinking, and not really picking at anything :)
Hope you are doing well. I will look forward to you dropping in again :thankyou:

Beans on toast for breakfast this morning. I'm off work today so I took the dogs for a really long treck around the farmers fields. They loved it and my calfs were aching going through all of the snow. I went further than I would normally go. The dogs get loads of excersise no matter how far I go cos I let them off in the fields as theres no roads nearby, but instead of standing watching I kept on moving.
I'm gonna give it a few more days then look to get back into my excersise dvd's. I have the 30 day shred that some of the girls on here are doing. It's a killer and I was getting good at it a while back, apart from the star jumps. My boobs are just so big that jumping up and down is not good :p Even when I was thin they were DD's. Anyway thats my plan give it a couple of days to allow myself to start feeling a little better so I can breathe whilst working out and get them started.
:chores016:

Cokes, fry light do a buttery spray, which is what I use on my toast :)
x

Ooo thanks I will look out for that. I am a bit sloppy with the beans you see which is fine on a day off but when I'm hurrying to get ready for work spilling is not an option.

I had a lovely lunch so thought I'd diary about it so I could remember it. I got a Schwartz For Fish Low Fat Orange and Dill sauce- only 1.5g fat for the whole sachet and you only use about a quarter a person so well good. I had this on top of a jacket potato with a packet of crayfish tails with prawns and mussels in AND half a can of tuna (no oil- the brine kind) AND a large salad with peppers and red onion. The whole thing came to less than 5g fat with the most of the fats coming from the crayfish/mussels mix. I had loads and really felt like I needed a big meal to fight the cold- probs not logical but just what I felt. I love seafood so this to me was heaven. The sauce was lovely. I will buy it again.

Ive been watching x weighted on tv as well and thats given me a bit of inspiration too.

Think all of this good food is good for my mood too. Ive struggled with depression for about 2 years but not anymore and I think the food is just giving me that boost to keep happy. I sooo hope I see the losses when I go back to the GP's. I don't see how I could fail and so I won't!!!!

your lunch sounds lovely. im sure once you see the weight come off as well that will brighten your spirits as well.
your doing really well.. when do you have your weigh in.?

My weigh in is on 22nd december. Its a week earlier than it's meant to be but the GP is on holiday christmas week and I'd like to stick to the same doctor for this. Ive just been on your thread, but I'll say it here too well done on your weightloss Autumn.

Feel bad today. I found out yesterday that a friend lost her baby at 31 weeks pregnant. Sooo awful. She miscarried earlier in the year about the same time I did as well so it's the second time for her but to be so close to the birth is awful She went into labour was dilating and everything, they put the monitor on and no heartbeat. I can't imagine what she's going through. But I feel awful as well as it's brought back feelings to me from when I miscarried and thats making me want to eat big style. I woke up with a migraine today so am off work and for breakfast I had a ww ready meal. Within the fat rules but I feel like a pig cos its not a breakfasty thing and probs more calories than I should of had. I need something to switch so I don't reach for food when I feel bad. That's my challenge. As for my friend I'll be there to support her when she needs me, its just so awful.

Well I was even more naughty last night. I comfort eat due to migraine. Still got the migraine but Im feeling a bit sick with it now so skipped breakfast.
I 'll probs suffer with side effects later but its my own fault and Im back on the wagon now. Drinking plenty of fluids to try to ease the migraine too.

Migraine gone. Woo hoo. Had a nice treck across the thawing fields and now have 2 very muddy dogs. Waiting til my husband comes into bath them though as I can't lift the big one properly over the bath and he won't jump in. Hopefully the bathing will be a bit of a workout too. My sister is coming over this afternoon and Im gonna ask her to bring her scales as mine are totally nuts and put 3 stone on you, seriously nearly papped myself the first time I tried them serves me right for buying cheepies. So I may update later with good news or not so good news.

Woo hoo :D Been on the scales looks like another 5lbs off since Monday. I'm not updating my signature til I've been to the docs and confirmed what Ive lost. Just another week to go til my appt. Soo looking forward to hearing what Ive lost :p

Today's food:
Skipped breakfast got up late and wasn't hungry.
Lunch -1/2 tin of beans on 2 slices of toast
Dinner- WW beef hotpot a bit high in fat at 6.5g but figured I'd been ok enough to fit this in my total fats for the day. Chips made the SW way with carrot chips as well in there. Tons of salad. Pudding- Yes pudding, mixed berries with 0.2% fat natural yogurt.
I'm stuffed:D:D:D

For breakfast today I had a turkey bacon sandwich mmmmm with mushrooms, just done in the microwave in a bowl of water, tasted fine with the turkey bacon. Husband said he even preferred the turkey bacon to regular so I'm on to a winner. I had 2 satsumas as well, my favourite.
My husband is going to his dads this afternoon so Ive decided to take the bull by the horns and start the 30 day shred today. I used to do it but never actually got to 30 days in a row. My plan is to keep going til I get to 30 but I will defiantely have the day off christmas day :p No way am I excersising on a belly full of turkey. Yes my plan is to have turkey, but I'm doing the dinner so I can watch the fat content to not go too overboard. I think I'll skip the stuffing, pigs in blankets and yorkshires. I will do a little of these for the husband tho so he doesn't feel too hard done to.
I asked him before if he was enjoying the food on the diet and he said it seems that I'm not even dieting and half the stuff we are having is what we'd regularly eat. Not quite true as its all done low fat, but I'm glad he's not unhappy because that means he can be supportive of this. I mean he's wanted me to lose weight for ages but be really supportive like to not moan at eating diet food like he did when I was on weightwatchers. The worst thing used to be when I was cooking 2 meals a healthy one for me and a naughty one for him. Talk about torture!
I might be having lunch out, still waiting on my friend to confirm but this will just be to a cafe and if all else fails I can go for the jacket with beans without butter.
Will probs pop in later after the 30 day shred workout x

Well I still haven't started the 30 day shred, but I have excersised. I walked into town and back home with my shopping. The walk involves a couple of hills and steps and I did break sweat so I'm not gonna be too hard on myself. Did the doggy walk this morning and will be taking them out again later on so that's excersise too.
Food wise Ive done ok but feel like ive ate loads even tho its in my allowance. My friend cancelled on me for lunch so ate at home. For lunch I had salmon steak which I won't have again mustn't have read the packet at the supermarket cos at 17g fat I would rather use my allowance on something else and not go over 15g per meal. With that I had mash potato, carrots, broccoli and peas. For pudding I had no sugar jelly with satsumas set in it.
For dinner I had pasta with half a tin of tuna, prawns and 1 tablespoon extra light mayo and roasted carrot chips with roasted red onion. No pudding I was so full should have stopped eating really.
So today has gone ok. I did hop on the scales earlier but I'm so stupid that I forgot I was wearing jeans and that would add a couple of pound, normally I wear my cargo pants much lighter. I will probs hop on later wearing pjs just to see im going in the right direction ;)

At work today someone said they had been looking through my facebook photos and had seen my wedding photos, she said that I looked lovely and said "you were a lot slimmer then weren't you" :eek:. Arrrggghhh! I know she didn't mean it to sound *****y so I don't blame her, I blame me for putting on the bloody weight. I will get thin again! I WILL!!!!!

Todays food was:
Breakfast- pot low fat rice pudding-still struggling for what to have since I don't like normal breakfasts and this was a quick option which I needed today. Also had 2 satsumas.
Lunch- Small jacket potato with 1/2 tin beans. Large salad. Mixed berries and low fat yogurt.
Dinner- Making (not currently eaten) chicken stir fry with a small amount of pasta instead of egg noodles (to cut down the fat) with a morrisons eat smart chow mein sauce (0.4g fat for half packet * new find). For pudding I have some ww brownie deserts in the freezer which I may have as I've stayed pretty low on my fat intake today so think I should give myself the still low fat reward.
May do a power walk on the treadmill later too.

Well Ive had a good day today and stuck well to plan, counting fat in everything. Food today was:
Breakfast- Pot low fat rice pudding, 2 satsumas.

Lunch- Jacket potato with prawns in a very tiny amount of lighter than light mayo with salad.

Dinner- Home made vegatable lasagne (tons of veg) with only 3 pasta sheets. No cheese. A large but differnet salad to lunch. I really enjoyed this.

My husband paid me a compliment before too, he said I looked trimmer!!!! Yay!!!!!

Back