cold, rainy and its nearly July!

Sez

has started again!!
I know there are people much worse off around the country, but I am so fed up with this flippin weather.

Its been raining for ever, it feels like, and its so cold and miserable. I have got the lights on in the living room, and I have even put the heating on!!! (It must be chilly because hubby hasnt even complained about that one, and he is the first to tell me to switch it off!)

How is everyone else doing? I sincerely hope that none of you are suffering these dreadful floods we are hearing about on the news every days. Those poor people....

Hi Sarah

Well, I live in Wiltshire, no floods, but lots & lots of rain.
I feel the same, it's never ending. I bought a new garden swing hammock seat thingy and it's still boxed as the weather has been so bad here. My images of sitting in the sunshine, relaxing reading a book and sipping a Chocolate shake are just a dream!!!!!

My hubby and I are off to the air show at RAF Fairford in 2 weeks, hope the weather has improved by then, otherwise, there won't be a lot to see as everything will be grounded.

I thought I read somewhere that this summer was going to be the hottest on record? was I dreaming??????

Hi Sarah

Well, I live in Wiltshire, no floods, but lots & lots of rain.
I feel the same, it's never ending. I bought a new garden swing hammock seat thingy and it's still boxed as the weather has been so bad here. My images of sitting in the sunshine, relaxing reading a book and sipping a Chocolate shake are just a dream!!!!!

My hubby and I are off to the air show at RAF Fairford in 2 weeks, hope the weather has improved by then, otherwise, there won't be a lot to see as everything will be grounded.

I thought I read somewhere that this summer was going to be the hottest on record? was I dreaming??????

No, not dreaming unless we had the same dream! IKWYM re the hammock etc. Last Summer we bought the children a 10ft pool, for the patio and they loved it! (Actually, so did I! Especially when they were out and I could just float around in peace, hoping none of the neighbors had a harpoon of course!) Its still in its box in the garage, the BBQ has been used once this year (well I am not troubled by that one as BBQ food is my absolute trial!!), the hammock cushions are packed away in the loft, and the gorgeous new garden candle holders I bought in April are still in the boxes they came in.

I hope it improves for your air show, and also for us as we are off to an open air concert (Queen tribute, loads of fun), which is normally a boozy picnic:sigh: and then a fab firework display to finish the evening. Thats on 14 July, so fingers crossed!

well im in yorkshire very close to the floods, i feel so sorry for those people whos houses are under water it must be awwful.Its going too be a short summer this year!Makes you wonder what winter is going too be like.

Hey Sez :)
I really agree - the weather is getting on my nerves, big time. I'm in London, so plenty of rain but nothing too flood like.

The reason I'm so mad is that I have an entire new wardrobe of fabulous summer clothes. 2 dresses that I bought are now too big for me and I never even got the chance to wear them. It's so annoying. Really want to skip around in my little tops and skirts and there's no chance of that.
The saving grace is that I'm off to sunny LAX this week for a glam work trip and will get a chance to flaunt the new bod then - thank god!
The endless rain is really getting me down. And my heating is on constantly :(

THis is my second week off work & I was really hoping to get a decent amount of digging done but looks like ts going to rain again all week...ahhhhh!! Did get some done today (weeding!) but v. frustrating but nowt we can do about it!! Did give me time to sort ebay stuff out!

OMG its raining again!!!!
It's now July & I cannot believe this awful weather.
I want to dry my washing outside, I want to walk along the seafront, I want to go on day trips to the beach, I want to get a tan. AAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
Why doe's it rain so much.

Back