• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Cold remedies - can we take them ?

I was also wondering something similar as I have this weird cough at the moment, gets worse in the arvo, and I have been having a stepsil lozenge at night to take away the tickle so I dont bark like a dog all night! .... only started CD today, and want to start on the right track.

Lizzylocket

Winning a losing battle!
I have been feeling 'coldy' all weekend but rather than risk anything with citric acid in, I have been taking Nurofen. Seems to be doing the trick! Am guessing all lozenges/lemsips etc are a no go due to the citric acid but I am sure someone will be along shortly to let us know!

lottymoo

Taking one day at a time.
Lemsip drink sachets and the like are sugary, so I would take the tablet form. Hope you all feel better soon.
xx

I was advised to have paracetamol only to help with a cold. I did this but ended up having cough syrup as I developed laryngitis! Took me out of ketosis but did not put on weight - maintained for the week, but to me it was more important that I was well again x

efk

I had the lurg last week and had a really nasty cough. I had to take Covonia but I still lost 2lb last week, even with TOTM. I thought what's more important, losing a few pounds this week or getting myself better to lose even more next week.

KD

Gone fishing
General recommendation is using the CD orange drink made up with hot water and paracetamol.

Hope you get over your cold soon. I hate colds!

Good idea. I haven't got any of the drink but have a meeting with my CDC on Sunday and will get some. Must admit feeling much better and managed without Lemsip etc. Thanks everyone.