Cold Weather and Hunger

I am much more tempted to nibble now that winter is here and I find it harder to resist. I am experiencing a marked increase in appetite. Anyone else getting this?

Yes definatly, just sat eating a cold salad in a cold office and all I can think about is stew and dumplings!
I find I want more comforting stodgy stuff.

Hello hon - how are you?

Im needing spicier warmer meals (which is a problem with having no micro at work) but not finding im more hungry.

I definitely feel more hungry when it's cold - sorry Lisa, just sitting down to a big plate of pork belly fried in lemon oil with mushrooms and mayo mmm - and likely to polish the whole lot off! :)

I have been eyeing-up that new soup maker advertised on TV. Might treat myself to one for Christmas. Lovely fresh soups mmmm. Warm and tasty and comforting!

oh yeah that looks amazing!

I just checked the price.

NO WAY.

That is just ridiculous. The soup would choke me ha ha.

Will wait until it is way cheaper, or turns up second-hand.

i know! thats what put me off too lol. you know im going to have to pull my finger out and get making soups. next weekend. someone remind me LOL

I reckon we will be seeing a fair few of these machines turning up in the January sales! And even in the 'unwanted Christmas presents' section of eBay ha ha.

There's a limit to how hungry a person can be for home made soup!

Will just make my own, as Vicky is planning to do, and use my liquidiser. Problem solved! IF I can remember to, that is. The soup maker ad will prompt us!

yes i reckon there will be some on ebay.
problem with soup i i want bread with it. oh yea mims !!right next weeks shopping list broccoli and stilton and cream :D
cream of mushroom too :D

I'm eating more hot meals I must admit. I just don't fancy salads in winter.

not more hungry, but certainly looking for a warm lunch, except at work, where it is so hot all day i am happy to have a salad, so that works out ok!
it's the long dark evenings that are dificult, in the summer i would be out in the garden till the midgies drive me in, but its dark from about half 4 now, so spending more time sitting in front of the fire, have to be strong not to snack too much!

Look in recipe thread - just posted :D

Back