Coleslaw

Laura_Cook

Does anybody have a recipe for coleslaw please?

I've tried cabbage carrot and onion with Greek yoghurt today and it was vile, I couldn't get passed the 'sour' taste from the yoghurt

Hi, not a recipe as such but was watching Jamie Oliver last night and he made coleslaw with a yogurt, mustard and lemon juice dressing. Maybe add a pinch of sweetener to the yogurt might take the bitter taste out. Jamie also put radishes into his coleslaw. It might be worth trying a spoonful of vlf mayo also. Just a couple of ideas. Let me know what you decide to do.
X

Aliflabby said:
Hi, not a recipe as such but was watching Jamie Oliver last night and he made coleslaw with a yogurt, mustard and lemon juice dressing. Maybe add a pinch of sweetener to the yogurt might take the bitter taste out. Jamie also put radishes into his coleslaw. It might be worth trying a spoonful of vlf mayo also. Just a couple of ideas. Let me know what you decide to do.
X

That's where I got the recipe I tried from, it wasn't nice. Maybe I'll have to experiment. Thanks for your suggestions

I use 2 large grated carrots , a quarter of white cabbage grated and mix with 1 Tblsp fresh lemon juice, 4 Tblsp Hellmans extra light mayo, 2 Tblsp Greek yog 0% fat and 1 Tblsp Heinz extra light salad cream.

For extra sweetness add a grated apple

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kwise1 said:
I use 2 large grated carrots , a quarter of white cabbage grated and mix with 1 Tblsp fresh lemon juice, 4 Tblsp Hellmans extra light mayo, 2 Tblsp Greek yog 0% fat and 1 Tblsp Heinz extra light salad cream.

For extra sweetness add a grated apple

Kx

Thank you, I'm not sure I'll add the Greek yoghurt as i think it tastes like off yoghurt
Maybe I'll make it was extra light mayo and syn it

Laura_Cook said:
Thank you, I'm not sure I'll add the Greek yoghurt as i think it tastes like off yoghurt
Maybe I'll make it was extra light mayo and syn it

The mixture together is really nice - why not make the sauce and taste it first? All my family like it - and the salad cream makes it yummy

Kx

Try adding a bit of salt?
I made some homemade cream cheese from fat free Greek yogurt (think the recipe is on here somewhere) and I sure the thing that took away the yogurty taste was the teaspoon of salt (seemed a lot but it worked) The cheese is yummy and a big fav of mine at the mo.

It might work in a coleslaw? Try adding things like sliced onion, herbs etc things with stronger flavours. I was planning on do this later on in the week for tea one night:)

Good luck xx

Back