colonic

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by abigail09, 21 June 2008 Social URL.

1. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    has anyone been for a colonic, there was a feature for a place in the local paper and it sounds excellent. most people apparently have 4-20lbs of 'backlog' lol so it might be a great way of shifting some lbs (and £'s lol). jsut wondering if anyone has tried it and if they would recommend it, im really tempted

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    My friend is going to have one and asked if I wanted to go with her. Apparently they give you some herbal stuff to take a week before and it cost £52

4. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    yea it is quite pricey but i thought i might treat myself hahaha with my leftover birthday money

5. RUTHYJ357

RUTHYJ357 Gold Member

Diet:
    SW
    Hey my sis inlaw does colonics in her clinic. She is a registered nurse and she has had alot of women come in and have it done to aid weight loss.
    Ive not had one yet but i will when pluck up the courage!!

Ruthy xxxx

Mini likes this.
  6. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I'm tempted but it might be really uncomfortable

7. Doughnut

Doughnut Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    My sis has had a couple to help with IBS. I can't say it's something I fancy doing!

8. Emmykyra

Emmykyra Member

Diet:
    Slimming world!
    Sounds like it would really help, I just really don't think I could bring myself to do it :( lol!

9. Martyn

Martyn The Place To Be!

Start Weight:
    26st1lb
    Current Weight:
    22st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(13.15%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Sole Source
    They aren't as bad as they seem! No pain, just a little uncomfy! (you get a bit of pressure in your stomach) And they do make you feel great after, alot less 'full'. Besides, the people who do them, have done alot of them, so its unlikely you will be a all that important to their day to day ness so no need to be shy!

10. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    martyn, believe me im not shy, im a body piercer and do everything (yes i have had my hands in everywhere) and my belief is that when its your job you dont think of it as anything else. at this place you can 'insert' yourself however the people do them day in day out so it wouldnt make me embarassed. my dad had one and said it made him feel great after but just wondering what would happen weight loss wise i cant remember if he lost anything

11. Martyn

Martyn The Place To Be!

Start Weight:
    26st1lb
    Current Weight:
    22st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(13.15%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Sole Source
    Other than a a lb or two, i can't see if doing anything drastic, other than just making everything run better for awhile. And seeing as better stuff will be going into your body, it will possibly keep going smoother for alot longer.

So.. i wouldn't really go for one, just to lose a few lbs, but more to feel better and stuff.

Hope that helps!

12. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    yea i have wanted to try it for a while but worried that i will drop a few pounds only for them to go back on quickly so i will have a gain after :S I jsut wanted to know how long the effects of it last

13. time4action

time4action Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.04%)
    Diet:
    SS+
    I have a colonic about twice a year and anyone who advertises them as a weight loss solution is misleading the public. Yes you may shed a couple of lbs initally but its not going to make that much of a difference really. The benefits is in how less full and bunged up you feel.

I would recommend them but do go to a practitioner that has been recommended as my sister had an uncomfortable experience when she first went.

Its a strange feeling and not dignified at all but the way your skin looks and the way your eyes sparkle afterwards is definately worth it.

As a weight loss solution, No, but as an addition to a healthy lifestyle, yes!

Mini likes this.
  14. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I might get one just before my party

15. Elz

Elz Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    We looked into going but the doctors where I work put us off saying you are at great risk of a perforated bowel...it can be weak in parts and having fluid forced up can strain and burst it leading to complications. Be very careful!

16. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Yikes I don't like the sound of that!

17. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've had one done before a few years ago and i'm tempted to get one done again.

Last time i had it doen it was fine, felt a lot more energised afterwards, practically bounced down the road lol.
    Not sure about the weight loss issue of it all but i too wonder if you lose it out of your colon will you put it back on quickly??

Hmm.. xxx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Wonder

Wonder Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have had one done before, but be warned that depending on each person, you usually need 2 or 3 visits (close together) to complete the process and for it to be most affective, the first time round. I didn't realise that when I went and because I hadn't budgeted for more than one, it didn't really have any affect, as I couldn't keep up the treatments.

The experience itself was fine and not nearly as bad as you might think.

A good alternative, which I also tried and found really did work, is Gillian McKeiths 24hour Detox. It's about £20 from Boots or Holland & Barratt. You'll need to take it on a weekend when you're staying in though! It's a much safer and cheaper alternative.

20. Melanie

Melanie Over half way to target

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(26.42%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It makes your eyes sparkle????? I imagine it makes your eyes water......

:8855:

Mini likes this.
  21. kjs1628

kjs1628 Surely....

Start Weight:
    12st8.8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.8lb(8.37%)
    Diet:
    SnS
    lol!

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, but surely it's weight loss, not fat loss....so if what we're really trying to do is get skinnier, then it won't help. If we just want a nicer scales experience, then yeah, great. Wouldn't a laxative do the same thing though?

ikkle87 likes this.
  22. willkat

willkat Full Member

I had one!!! It
    was almost as bad as child birth!! .............the worst thing is the amount of water that comes out after, eeew!! NEVER again!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.