comfort eating

Morgawr

Silver Member
Need some help to stop comfort eating. Basically on Friday, someone I considered a friend did something that really upset me. So much in fact that I spent most of Friday afternoon and evening in tears. Went around like a zombie yesterday and still feeling a bit weepy today. Anyhow as a result I turned to comfort eating, crisps, ice cream with clotted cream all the rubbish.

Tried to get back on plan today but just can't seem to get on plan.

Just wondering if anyone had any tips as to how to get back on plan, and hopefully try to claw something back before weigh in on wednesday.

Thanks in advance.

That is so horrible for you, you poor girl.

It is terrible that someone can do that to us, upset us so much that we fall of the wagon.

You have lost such a lot of weight already it would be awful to start putting it back on again because of one person. You are worth more than that.

Just read all the reasons you want to lose weight. Remind yourself of what you are throwing away for something you can not change. It has happened. I am not saying wipe it out because I don't know you and I don't know what someone has done to upset you. I am just saying file it away and find some other way of comforting yourself, or if you have to eat, eat things than do not do so much harm as the ones you have binged on.

The only person you hurt here is YOU !!!! Don't allow that to happen, you are worth more.

Look at the sticky thread food addicts NOT anonymous and see if that can help you.

Take comfort from the fact that we are all behind you and have done exactly what you have done at sometime during our SW journey.

Come on Lizzie, do it for you, climb back on that wagon, the ride is good , the view from up there is fantastic............. you can do it.

hugs xxxxxx

Comfort eating is something that takes time to leave behind, hon - it's not an easy thing to do when you've relied on food to make you feel better for a long time. Just do the best you can, get on with sorting your weight and changing your general eating habits, and in time you'll find you're not turning to food automatically when you get upset.

i know exactly where you are comming from, my other half said something to me last week that really upset me and i came so close to telling him to sling his hook, i turned to food and gained 1.5lb.
then i got angry again and started to eat but then thought better of it and why should i let him get the better of me,
i just kept telling myself there were other people with worse problems than me.
try and put it to the back of your mind and forget it or use the anger and hurt you feel to your advantage and get back on track and show them

Thanks everyone.

I am not going to let this hurt me any more than it already has. I have started on a menu for tomorrow. So far I have fruit salad and yoghurt for breakfast with an egg mayo sandwich for lunch. Haven't got any further than yet.

Once again thanks all your support really does mean a lot to me.

hey lizie just to let u no ive comfort eaten for 8 yrs and went from a size 10 to a 22 , it started wen my depression started and ive never been able to control it , i am going to control it now and take charge of my life the way i should have done all along , im starting bk slimming world nxt week hopefully n im gna do my best this time , i hope u can get over ur comfort eating and take control aswell :) xx

best of luck xx

hey lizie just to let u no ive comfort eaten for 8 yrs and went from a size 10 to a 22 , it started wen my depression started and ive never been able to control it , i am going to control it now and take charge of my life the way i should have done all along , im starting bk slimming world nxt week hopefully n im gna do my best this time , i hope u can get over ur comfort eating and take control aswell :) xx

best of luck xx

Thanks Kerry. Good luck with SW. I know where you are coming from as I have had depression in the past as well - partly why recent events hit so hard I think.

I am sure you can control your comfort eating as well. I have got tomorrow's eating almost planned :).

Back