Comfort food

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by Anonomous, 19 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Anonomous

Anonomous Member

Hiya.

Does anyone else comfort eat? If you do what do you go for?

Do you have any tips on how to stop yourself from doing it?

today i sisnt want to go home to an empty house so i sat in tescos carpark and ate, it was disgusting of me and i should be old enough to feed myself properly! lol

If i keep on like this i'm gonna get chocolate in my car upholstrey, i need advise!

Thanks guys :)

xXx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    With me, I don't know if i'd call it comfort eating - it's just plain bingeing and if I start, I cannot stop until either everything is gone or I feel physically sick; whichever comes first.

I'm not in the right frame of mind to be offering advice to anyone as I haven't cracked this particular nut myself. Just thought I'd put my hands up to it and bump your thread up so someone who is more 'together' can offer help.

4. Anonomous

Anonomous Member

:) nice to know its not just me

I'll let you know when i find the magic answer

xXx

5. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    I used to eat if I was angry or upset......it is very hard to get out of.......I try to find something else to do, if I get angry I walk out the house and go for a stroll or sit in the park ......listening to the birds singing usually calms me down.
    I THINK FINDING YOUR TRIGGERS AND THEN FINDING SOMETHING ELSE TO DO INSTEAD OF EATING IS THE KEY.....

6. Bea

Bea Back on the wagon!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge +
    Thats good advice.....when I was on LT....I had a bag of ice chips (sad I know)...that I kept in the fridge -which I used to suck on!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.