Comfortable or happy?

Angela83

Silver Member
Think over the past few weeks I have come to realise that I am comfortable with my weight, not happy but comfortable and for now I'm happy with that. Think that's why I've been happy to maintain, need to keep an eye on it and not get complacent.
And the other side of the arguement is that Im scared of the unknown and that being and staying slim just seems so out of reach!

So are you comfortable or happy?

I feel the same as Lisa, Im happy Im changing but not happy or comfortable yet - but I would love to be able to say that one day, I worry even when I get to goal I wont be happy or comfortable??

Hm. I'm sort of at the same stage, I'm comfortable where I am, I've been more or less maintaining for a while now.. I'm not happy yet and so now I'm on a drive to lose another 1.5stone.... I'm pretty sure that'll do it.

I was very happy when I got to goal, but occassionally had that niggling doubt - should I lose a little more? Well a recent bout of flu has seen me lose a further 8lbs - and my bum! Seriously, by bum has vanished, and I hate it!
So I am actually even more sure my goal weight is right for me, and plan on gaining the 8lb back gradually, when my appetite finally returns.

I'm not comfortable OR happy with my weight still. I am slightly scared that when I get to 14 stone, which is where I need to be for IVF treatment, I will stop losing weight because that is my main goal and after that I don't have any motivation other than wanting to look good - which has never been enough motivation in the past!

I've reached my goal recently but am still not completely happy! I'm trying to push on for another 6lbs but it's really hard and I seem to be maintaining not losing. Everyone tells me I look ok now but I think it's a personal thing. If I don't lose anymore weight though I can think I'll be able to accept it eventually - I've got to stop somewhere!

I was comfortable and happy about 1 to 2 stone heavier than I am now, but I always had that niggling doubt.

What would it feel like to be even slimmer? Would I be even more comfortable?

What if I was basing my judgement on how I was before. More comfortable than when I was bigger. Was this my limit?

Was I basing my doubts on what I felt others expectations were. Were they expecting me to be a normal weight, or just a much slimmer overweight person?

What did I truly want? In other words, if I lived on a desert island with nobody else around, and a fairy godmother granted me any weight I wanted, what would I chose?

I decided to try to go lower, and if I didn't like it, I was pretty sure that I knew how to put some weight back on again :D

Pleased I did, but that's just me...and that's exactly how it should be. A very personal decision based on what you really want taking note of the 'what ifs'

I too am happy that I am making a change, but am not confertable yet because I am not at my goal. But like other people have mentioned - I also worry that I still wont be completly happy when I reach my goal and will still be pushing to lose a bit more.
The maintenance side of things worrys me too after reading that article in the sticky thread in the maintenance forum. I am worried that after all this hardwork, it may be too easy to just think I can eat like everyone else - even though I know I can't.
It's just hard to have a goal that isn't really an end point...if that makes sense. There is never an end, as we will always have to work really hard to maintain!

I was happy i lost 4 stone so i was happy when i got to my new weight. But i've been here now a while, and im still overweight. I see my goal...i can do it. I will be happy then, will probably want to tone up then though. :(

I was comfortable and happy about 1 to 2 stone heavier than I am now, but I always had that niggling doubt.

What would it feel like to be even slimmer? Would I be even more comfortable?

What if I was basing my judgement on how I was before. More comfortable than when I was bigger. Was this my limit?

Was I basing my doubts on what I felt others expectations were. Were they expecting me to be a normal weight, or just a much slimmer overweight person?

What did I truly want? In other words, if I lived on a desert island with nobody else around, and a fairy godmother granted me any weight I wanted, what would I chose?

I decided to try to go lower, and if I didn't like it, I was pretty sure that I knew how to put some weight back on again :D

Pleased I did, but that's just me...and that's exactly how it should be. A very personal decision based on what you really want taking note of the 'what ifs'

Thanks, lots to think about there.:)

Back