Coming back after 2 and 1/2 years

steph2664

Hi everyone,
I did CD in 2008 and managed to loose about 3 stones in a couple of months. But then Christmas arrived and I stopped the diet thinking I would go back on it after the new year.
Unfortunately I didn't and i've since then stopped smoking (+ 3 stones gained) and then had health issues and family problems so put on a couple of more stones... Comfort eating is a devil...
I think I'm a foodaholic but I'm tall (5"10) and big boned so can allow myself to be a bit bigger than I should :$
So now I have 5 stones to loose and hope to loose them before the summer so I've started the VLCD on Monday and it's not as hard as i remembered. I think I was just fed up of food and getting sick of it in the end so it helped.
My hubby is doing the diet too (he's got 7 stones to loose) so that helps too. I just have to be strong when cooking for my son!!
I'll put regular update to this thread to keep track of my progress and to remind me others can do it so there's no reason why I can't!!!!

Steph

Best of luck my dear! I only re-started on Monday, chin up, head down and power on through! The people on here are rather nice and will help where they can (I, however, am useless!)

x

Thanks for your message, people definitely seem nice on here :)
I did a quick interim last night and my hubby lost 4lb and me only 2.... But that was just after a day on it.... :)

Welcome back and as stated in a previous post to someone else, sorry to meet you this way, but we are all in the same boat.
Wanting to get back to something we achieved before.
I lost 3 st back in 2008, but the last ten months have seen the weight creep back on and once again, a massive shock when I found out my total increase, but such a coward, I only found out the increase after losing my first 12lbs. So now i am determined and will get to goal.
Did you post on Minimins first time around??
Minimins kept me sane and this sub-forum has been so quiet, but happy to see more joining the 'Restarters Gang'. Hopefully having exactly the same thing in common will keep us strong.
Good luck on your restart.

Welcome back seems like all of us from 2008 are returning so don't be disheartened, many of us have gone through rough patches and now we know, we can be prepared next time once we lose the weight how best to figure out the probs without comfort eating. I managed to maintain for two years but last year round about summer time I completely went off the rails... Just like you, I kept thinking I'll do it tomorrow, next week, I would start then by day 2 I'd be off the wagon...

You seem to have a good mindset and I think sometimes until we really get our minds in the zone we really can't do it... Congrats on coming back. Let's keep each other motivated.

I'm a restarter (haven't edited all of profile yet!) Just want to say good luck. This forum helped me last time. Lots of personal problems since though. Hope to get to know lots of you! x

Back