Coming off CD :-(

3 day diet... myth or truth???? I will let you know

I mentioned it to someone this morning and they told me their sister-in-law tried it 2 months ago for a month and lost 26lbs (the diet claims 10lbs a week, but still 26 is 26 right?)

Hi Guys,

It does say that you can lose up to 40lbs in a month as you can see on my original post on this thread, someone who tried it lost 26lbs. I got her number from my friend earlier and phoned her just to have a quick chat. She said that she did it for 3 days, and was eating normally for the other 4 days each week, for one month and lost 26lbs. She said she drank loads of water throughout the whole month, not just the 3 days. Did say as a long term she wouldn't do it. She is going to do it again next month to try to lose a further 14lbs before Christmas. (by the way she didn't put any of the 26 back on).

The reason I think it works is that the food amounts to under a 1000 calories a day, even less if you don't eat some of the items on it.

I also phoned my aunt not even an hour ago, she lives away from here and I guess I did want to tell someone in the family what I had and will be doing about my weight. It really is a small world..... When I told her about this new diet, she told me her neighbour 4 doors down was put on a very similar diet (3 days on, 4 days off, restricted to what foods, etc.) by her hospital last year. She had to go in to have surgery and was very overweight. She was on it for 6 weeks and when she went back to the hospital the doctor agreed to go ahead with the op as she had lost enough. (Aunt wasn't sure what actual loss was). She did say that the woman was still overweight before the surgery, but it was obvious that she had lost quite a bit.

So fingers crossed and I will keep you posted.:) :)

Well hi guys, just thought I would update you on how I was doing.

I weighed myself on Thursday night 13st 9lbs before starting the 3 day diet on Friday. My target is to lose 41lbs before Christmas and a further 14lbs after that. If I could lose the lot by Christmas all the better, but I would settle for 41lbs (may not get that, but MUST BE OPTIMISTIC!!!)

I am on the 3rd day of the 3 day diet and it is going quite well. I am not hungry, so the balance of food is obviously working. This evening alright I was a bit hungry, so I drank a bottle of water (would normally go straight for a biscuit).

I am 5.5lbs down, now weighing 13st 3.5lbs. I will come off the diet after tonight for the next 4 days and eat normally (well no chocolate or rubbish, etc. just low cal foods, 3 meals, no picking) I haven't missed the picking in the last 3 days so hopefully I can keep that up.

I will do the 3 day diet again next Friday. The question will be will I keep off the 5.5lbs in the next 4 days. Even if I allow for a 1lb gain that is still 4.5lbs in a week. But I won't allow for a 1lb gain.

I hope everyone is well and dropping pounds on CD like a good 'un.

Ohh, looks a good detox!

:) Hi hun,

Sounds like it's working for u - so good luck with it!!!
Also sounds like a good idea for Maintainers - if they have a 'little black dress' occasion to go to and need to lose some weight to get to it. I've saved it for future reference, so thanks soo much for sharing it with us all!!

The very best of luck - and please keep us informed of how u're doing!

Much love, Chelle xx

Well done
Clap1.gif

All the very best with it :)

I was going to do this a couple of years ago but thought you could only drink what was stated didnt think water was ok :confused: and i hate cottage cheese with a vengance :eek:

I hope it works for you, good luck.

but thought you could only drink what was stated didnt think water was ok :confused:
I hope it works for you, good luck.

I was told that aswell. That what the main cause of my concern.

The colleague who did it said that was the hardest thing about the diet, not being allowed to drink much including water.

Oh well.

Good morning,

Well I drank water throughout the 3 days. Maybe if I didn't I would have lost more, but I can't imagine how, water is the key I think.

Lardass - I hate cottage cheese, but you can use salt & pepper in this diet. Strange I know, putting salt & pepper on cheese, but it actually works, more pepper than salt, between that & the tuc biscuits, it takes away taste. As for the look of it, just close your eyes.

Last edited:
Back