Coming off CD :-(

:( Hi everyone,

I have decided to come off CD. I stuck with it for the week, had my appointment with my CDC this morning and even she is stumped. I am 13stone 9, so I have gained weight.

I know some of you are probably thinking yeah right, you didn't stick to it 100%, but I did. I failed 2 wks ago when I tried but when I started the 2nd time I was determined to at least give it a fair go and was so encouraged by your stories and support. But unfortunately, it's not for me, or maybe it's just not the right time for me. Maybe my body is telling me something and well, I guess I will have to listen to that.

I hope ye won't mind if I continue to log on to this forum, because I love to hear how well everyone is doing. And, eventhough I won't be losing quite as large amounts, I hope to still lose some and maybe still be celebrating at Christmas.

I noticed the other night that another forum member had to come off CD on doctors advice, and was going to try another diet, WW or SW and still keep you guys updated. So if no one minds I would like to tell you what one I am going to try.... and would still love your support.

My CDC gave me a diet that her mum used (her mum didn't fancy CD, as likes food too much). I have heard about it, it is restrictive, but not as strict as CD (you still get food). It is known as the Heart Institute Diet (also the British Heart Institute 3day diet - only difference is the one I do one cup is 3oz, whereas the BHF one cup is 4oz). I have also been told that some hospitals will give this diet to patients who need to have surgery but are overweight and need to lose some weight fast before they can have the surger. Anyway it goes as follows:

Day 1

Breakfast: Black coffee/tea, half grapefruit, a slice of toast, 2 tsp. peanbut butter

Lunch: Cup of tuna fish, one slice of toast, tea/coffee

Dinner: 2 slices of any type of cold meat (3ozs), 1 cup string beans (runner beans), 1 cup of beetroot, 1 small apple, 1 cup of vanilla ice cream.

Day 2

Breakfast: 1 egg, half banana, 1 slice of toast, tea/coffee

Lunch: 1 cup of cottage cheese, 5 tuc biscuits

Dinner: 2 sausages, 1 cup of broccoli, half cup of carrotts, banana, cup of vanilla ice cream

Day 3

Breakfast: 5 tuc biscuits, 1 slice of cheddar cheese, 1 small apple, tea/coffee

Lunch: 1 hard boiled egg, 1 slice of toast

Dinner: 1 cup of tuna, 1 cup of beetroot, 1 cup of cauliflower, half small honeydew melon, half cup of vanilla icecream.

You cannot vary or substitute any of the foods. Salt & Pepper may be used but no other seasoning. Where no quantity is given there is no restriction other than common sense.

To be used for 3 days at a time. After 3 days, eat normally, do not over-eat.

Toast to be dry, tuna, string beans and beetroot can be canned & do not need to be fresh.

I mentioned it to someone this morning and they told me their sister-in-law tried it 2 months ago for a month and lost 26lbs (the diet claims 10lbs a week, but still 26 is 26 right?)

The reason I have posted this, is for anyone who is coming off CD for whatever reason but wants something that can give quick results.

I hope no one minds that I have done this.

The link for the British Heart Institute 3 Day Diet is:

BRITISH HEART INSTITUTE DIET

Hun - this is a weightloss forum so it's more than ok to talk about any diet you like! Please keep on posting and let us know how you get on.

It's a shame that you feel CD didn't work for you right now but it's great that you're still so determined to find something that is right for you!

You go for it, honey!

Sorry to hear your coming off CD.....but you go for it with the BHI diet its a good diet but you can't do it for long. I also did it a while back though when I decided I wanted to lose weight and lost 10lbs in those 3 days! My mate did it as well and she lost 17lbs in that 3 days! It does work but like you said you can't do it for a long time but its a good kick start...how about going to WW?
Good luck and I look forward to seeing how you do.
Kam xx
P. S I hate cottage cheese but it was worth it for the 10lb loss.
P. P. S Might even have a go myself as not allowed to do CD since had surgery resently.

Thank you,

I will say this though. After deciding to come off it, I didn't go straight out and scoff down chocolate and crisps which I would have done before. I came home, had a cup of black coffee (don't miss the sugar or milk now, thanks to CD) and had a banana (something I wouldn't normally eat). And do you know what, I have never felt better. So here's to the future (a slimmer one I hope).

Sorry to hear this :(
Was it maybe your totm ? some people dont lose then. And even put on!

I was sceptical at first but after a slow slow start its working.
Good luck whatever plan you do and hope to hear of your weight loss journey soon :D

Hi Beentheredonthat,hun no matter what diet you are following this forum is for all of us we are non judgemental and here to help and support each other.

I myself was pulled of Ssing by Cd head office and felt gutted but it is not the only diet and there are plenty other diets that are very effective and so many peeps here on this site who are not following a vlcd and doing well.

Have u considered going to a slimming club for some extra support.Quite a few peeps on here are following a low Gi diet as this can be incorporated into a actual diet and when u have lost your weight it is a very healthy way to eat.

Rmemeber we are all here for you and i hope you carry on posting like normal, and we all would luv 2 hear how your
journey is going.

Take care and have a nice day xxxx

Oh! A teacher at school did that one! We were only talking about it yesterday.:eek:

It has a few names to it I believe but some refer to it as the British Heart Foundation diet...which it is not. Nothing to do with the British heart foundation. It's an American diet.

Anyway. My only concern is the lack of fluids. He was saying you don't get much to drink.

I guess, it's only for 3 days, so I doubt that will do much harm.

Best of luck with it :) Do keep in contact. This forum is for us all regardless of what plan we do.

((hugs)) I can imagine at how downhearted you felt :(. But the positive is.. you are not giving up!
WELL DONE!

Really wish you well with your diet, and know you'll give it your all. :)

Look forward to reading your progress!
Don't forget to carry on drinking lots of water.. it truly does help - in any diet. ;)

:cool: Hi there,

I too came off LL diet after only a few days, but for different reasons to you. I've been very ill and LL just isn't for me at the moment. I started slimming world and I just can't believe how motivated I still am, even after having started. And I have eaten as they tell me to eat and logged it all in my weightlossresources database and find that it is vastly under the calories I would consume if I wasn't following this plan. Yet I feel so satisfied and happy and feel like jumping up and touching the sky. This could really work for me. I'm treating myself with respect; I'm treating my body with respect and I'm finding ways to move forward from this rut I got myself into.

VLCDs aren't for everyone and it sounds to me like you have found yourself a good replacement!

Take care.
Carrie.:D

I've just gone and read up all about this diet, from the link you posted, and have to say I am astonished at its claims that you can lose 40 pounds in a month if you stick to it! :eek: Wow! Looks like you have found a great way to lose weight!

Hi,

Princess - it wan't TOTM had already finished all that before I started.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but after just reading all your comments, I am quite emotional. I am unable to get to a class, so this site is a great support for me. I feel I can say what I really feel and everyone knows what I mean as they have gone, or are going through the same thing. Family and friends say the understand, but only people who have struggled with weight understand the full story/feelings and only one or two in my family would know what we are all going through.

I went for a 6km walk today, I didn't have the energy during the CD week (strangely I know) and I felt so energized that I wanted to do it again, but I know from previous "overdoing the whole excercise thing" that it's not a good idea to push it when I am only getting back into it. Got such an adrenaline rush from it (and it was raining).

Anyway, good luck everyone with whichever diet you are on and I will keep you posted. Starting 3 day diet tomorrow.

P.S. I hate cottage cheese too, got it today and added a little salt & pepper (allowed) and it actually isn't bad with those.

You are among friends here, hun. There's always someone - at least one - who's been through what you're experiencing and you can talk about anything that's important to you, in safety, without fear of being judged.

That's what Minimins is all about, hun.

I've just gone and read up all about this diet, from the link you posted, and have to say I am astonished at its claims that you can lose 40 pounds in a month if you stick to it! :eek: Wow! Looks like you have found a great way to lose weight!

40 lbs a month?????

That's nearly 3 stone in one month???? OMG!!!

I've just had a look and tbh I can see that it might be a great diet for 3 days to kickstart your weightloss, but to do it for a month?? How would you get all of your daily nutritional requirements? There's not enough in that small amount of food? Plus not enough fluid to wash the fat away.

Hmmm - I'd do it for 3 days then go onto low GI, SW or WW, if I couldn't do CD personally.

Oh and Beentheredonethat, I've just thought - did your CDC not go through with you all the other CD plans that you could follow that include food? Not everybody does SS, there's 790 or CD100 or 1200 which are all great for losing weight on whilst eating.

Just a thought!

I'm sure that Beentheredonethat isn't daft enough to do it for more than 3 days. She's been on this board enough to know how important nutrients and fluids are for health :)

A couple of things that do bother me though. The fact that it is often called the British Heart Institute diet, giving the impression that it's endorsed by the medical fraternity.

The 2nd is the story about giving this diet to people before they have an operation. I just suspect that this is an urban legend of some kind.

I read that some theatre nurses tried it, and I can see how easily this can turn around into the above story.

Not saying Beentheredonethat made the story up. Sure she didn't. But you know how things get changed on the net.

karion,

I didn't mean that she was stupid enough to do it for more than three days, I just meant it sounded amazing that you can lose that much in a month on it.

I also read on the BHF website that the impression is given that this diet is endorsed by them but it really isn't. I have heard of it before though.

Wishing you lots of success in whichever diet you choose :)

and don't forget to keep us posted on your progress....;)

lotsa love.....

Back