coming out of ketosis for bday?

There has become a little bit of a trend in recent weeks for people to be quite encouraging towards have a break on the cd forum,but personally I think it is a really bad decision....

I don't think it has become a trend to encourage people to have a break from CD but I understand why you may think this MP. I think it's people (like me) trying to do CD but take a sensible approach to certains situations that one can decide to carry on striclty CD or decide to take a break. Yes, there are dangers in the odd night off of being able to get back on. As long as people get the varied opinions, examples of how things can still work out, or worse how one can fall of the waggon, it helps the individual to make their own mind up. Whatever you decide Kitteh just remember you've lost 4 stone don't ruin the time, effort and money by going off piste if you take the day off.

Best advice is of course stay on SS drink plenty of water and enjoy your birthday.

In reality I think you will be under a lot of peer pressure to join in and after 4 stones lost you want to treat yourself, I can understand that.

However, it is really important to deal with this properly. A jacket potato is just not enough to save you from the horrendous effects that can happen when you have been in ketosis for a long time then consume alcohol. Your body will be completely detoxed. Alcohol is cumulative so over a period of time if you drink your body becomes used to it. Remove it for a long period and the body cleanses itself. If you try and drink as you did before it will knock you sidewise whether is 2 or three glasses of wine or a few vodkas.

When is your birthday? I am assuming next week?

Best advice 4 days before add small meal to your three shakes ie SS+, 3 days before move to 810 programme, 2 days before 1000 part b, day before 1200 cals and in the evening have one small alcoholic drink to see how it affects you.

By your birthday your body will be able to deal with the effects of the alcohol far better, however, you may still find the drink hits you quicker than before.

You will come out of ketosis which is good, if you are drinking ketosis and alcohol is a very dangerous combination.

After your birthday, reverse the above and ease back into SS and you should be fine.

Have a lovely birthday, make it one to remember for the right reasons:)

Here is the link to the ketosis and alcohol warning thread:
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/26311-dangers-alcohol-when-ketosis.html

I'd agree with Linda, in the sense that you should work up to it for a few days beforehand. Having experienced going from long term ketosis to 'sudden' carb intakes, I can say that you'll be putting yourself at risk of feeling rather ill! Your body will now be very used to going without carbs, so you're likely to feel quite nauseous for at least the first day of eating them, without working up to it.

I can totally understand you wanting to come off for your Birthday, though. Enjoy. :)

Jo x

mary poppins, i know what u mean, but i have so much determenation to finish this diet, i know i will be back on tract on monday, as my bf will kick my bum in to it! and i also really want to have fun on my bday, and enjoy myself
I say go for it, you are only 18 once so go and enjoy yourself, as long as you do go straight back to it on monday all should be fine x

Best advice is of course stay on SS drink plenty of water and enjoy your birthday.

In reality I think you will be under a lot of peer pressure to join in and after 4 stones lost you want to treat yourself, I can understand that.

However, it is really important to deal with this properly. A jacket potato is just not enough to save you from the horrendous effects that can happen when you have been in ketosis for a long time then consume alcohol. Your body will be completely detoxed. Alcohol is cumulative so over a period of time if you drink your body becomes used to it. Remove it for a long period and the body cleanses itself. If you try and drink as you did before it will knock you sidewise whether is 2 or three glasses of wine or a few vodkas.

When is your birthday? I am assuming next week?

Best advice 4 days before add small meal to your three shakes ie SS+, 3 days before move to 810 programme, 2 days before 1000 part b, day before 1200 cals and in the evening have one small alcoholic drink to see how it affects you.

By your birthday your body will be able to deal with the effects of the alcohol far better, however, you may still find the drink hits you quicker than before.

You will come out of ketosis which is good, if you are drinking ketosis and alcohol is a very dangerous combination.

After your birthday, reverse the above and ease back into SS and you should be fine.

Have a lovely birthday, make it one to remember for the right reasons:)

Here is the link to the ketosis and alcohol warning thread:
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/26311-dangers-alcohol-when-ketosis.html
This is excellent advice i am going away for a week end soon and i know that i will eat and drink so i will follow this advice too, Thanks.

HUn its your 18th!!!! Id say come off week before and enjoy your b day xxxxxxxx

I have to agree Linda's advice is excellent! I never thought about the affects of alcohol on ketosis.

Back