Complacency

LV30

Gold Member
Hi
Not sure where to start - but i've been rubbish.

I weighed on Thursday - put 2lbs on... culmination of a carb fest on Monday, and totm. Excuses Excuses Excuses.

I am seriously thinking of maybe not carrying on with CD... i'm not following it as I should, and i know I'm not spending as much money (i'm just buying bars and a few shakes, as I always have some left over from the previous week... strange that), but it's still a waste of money if i'm not taking it seriously.

I've had a good run at it, and even tho i'm loath to say it, I don't know whether i should go to another class and start from scratch.

I'm being very complacent with CD - even tho i know if i stick to it, the results are brilliant. (I was 1lb from losing 4 stone before Christmas.)

I start off every morning with a good outlook - i have my bar, black coffee, i'm drinking at least 2 litres of water per day, i'm even pretty good at lunch time... but on Sat and Sun about 3.30 some demon came and took over me and i ended up having toast (always, always something carby).

I'm confused, fed up - not a good feeling for a Monday and especially not for the first of the month. I need to feel positive. And i'm far from that at the moment.

I'm actually worrying a lot about this. I'm losing sleep (Mind you, if wasn't worring about CD, i'd be worring about something else!) I'm worried that if I don't get a serious grip, the weight is going to creep back on. AND I CAN'T LET THAT HAPPEN.

Sorry for the rambling message. But this forum is the best way i know of getting my feelings across. If i were to tell my mum, or my boyfriend, or even my best friend (who's lost nearly 9st on LL - i love her to bits!!), i know I'm going to get a lecture. I don't know what to do.

Sorry to be so blinkin' negative. :sigh:

Lynne
x

Hey honey,

You have 7lbs to go!!! Stop overthinking, just do it! You're nearly there! Another couple of weeks and you can start reintroducing some light carbs and get back to a normalish diet. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

But the problem is I'm NOT DOING IT! I'm just messing around big time. And putting on weight is not good.

I need professional help. Arrrrghhhhhh

Lx

I know, I've done it too this weekend, but you can almost touch the finish line! C'mon lets do it together, for the next 2 weeks, 100% both of us. I'll cheer you on :D

Hi
Not sure where to start - but i've been rubbish.

I weighed on Thursday - put 2lbs on... culmination of a carb fest on Monday, and totm. Excuses Excuses Excuses.

I am seriously thinking of maybe not carrying on with CD... i'm not following it as I should, and i know I'm not spending as much money (i'm just buying bars and a few shakes, as I always have some left over from the previous week... strange that), but it's still a waste of money if i'm not taking it seriously.

I've had a good run at it, and even tho i'm loath to say it, I don't know whether i should go to another class and start from scratch.

I'm being very complacent with CD - even tho i know if i stick to it, the results are brilliant. (I was 1lb from losing 4 stone before Christmas.)

I start off every morning with a good outlook - i have my bar, black coffee, i'm drinking at least 2 litres of water per day, i'm even pretty good at lunch time... but on Sat and Sun about 3.30 some demon came and took over me and i ended up having toast (always, always something carby).

I'm confused, fed up - not a good feeling for a Monday and especially not for the first of the month. I need to feel positive. And i'm far from that at the moment.

I'm actually worrying a lot about this. I'm losing sleep (Mind you, if wasn't worring about CD, i'd be worring about something else!) I'm worried that if I don't get a serious grip, the weight is going to creep back on. AND I CAN'T LET THAT HAPPEN.

Sorry for the rambling message. But this forum is the best way i know of getting my feelings across. If i were to tell my mum, or my boyfriend, or even my best friend (who's lost nearly 9st on LL - i love her to bits!!), i know I'm going to get a lecture. I don't know what to do.

Sorry to be so blinkin' negative. :sigh:

Lynne
x

Hi Lynne,

Wow, it is like reading my own post!

I too have been visited by the carb demon since Christmas (ooh and the chocolate demon :eek:) Always starting with good intentions then I head for the bread and the toaster :(

I'm pleased to say that on Friday something just 'snapped' inside me and I have been 100%.

For me, I find that I do have odd times (usually around TOTM) when I need food. Then I end up feeling depressed, sluggish and bloated. So it's a good detox to get back on CD.

Like me you are getting closer to goal and if i'm honest I am bored of the shakes. So I have given myself a different outlook on CD...Rather than see it as a detox and break from food, I am looking on it as medicine to help me loose weight!! Somehow it is keeping me on the straight and narrow. Maybe you need to give yourself a different look on things and remind yourself why you are doing this?

Being so close to your goal (is it still 7lbs?) Maybe you are happy with how you look at the moment? I have always told myself that my goal is 10 stone, but if I get to 11 stone and I am happy with how I look and feel, I will start working up to maintenence.

Remember, it is how you feel that matters not the digits on the scales.

Big Hugs hunnie :hug99:

xxx

Or you could work up the plans until you get to one you can stick to then lose the weight on that. It'll be slower but maybe less painful.

I came off CD March time last year and moved to a calorie controlled diet (after working through the plans). I carried on losing.

Back