Complete kettlebell virgin!

healthykirstie

Hellooo :) I really want to start kettlebell workouts having seen so many fabulous results. I currently don't do any weights/resistance training and think kettlebells looks great...I was thinking of getting kettleworx but does anybody have any other suggestions? It's a bit pricey for a poor student like me :D and which weight should I start with? Argos do a trio of weights starting from 2kg, not sure where to begin really! Any tips or suggestions welcome!

healthykirstie said:
Hellooo :) I really want to start kettlebell workouts having seen so many fabulous results. I currently don't do any weights/resistance training and think kettlebells looks great...I was thinking of getting kettleworx but does anybody have any other suggestions? It's a bit pricey for a poor student like me :D and which weight should I start with? Argos do a trio of weights starting from 2kg, not sure where to begin really! Any tips or suggestions welcome!

Hey Kirstie, you could perhaps start with some kettlebell routines from YouTube, there is also a website called myomytv.com where a lovely lady does various routines and has a section for beginners. There is also a thread somewhere on this kettlebell forum that makes recommendations/ offers suggestions for the various DVD programmes out there. I saw a thread that indicated a link to discount vouchers for the Kettleworx programme.

Many of us have started from a 4 or 5kg bell. The cast-iron ones are generally preferred by most to the vinyl ones. TESCO does a reasonably priced 5kg bell.

Welcome aboard Kirstie! :D

Hey Kirstie, you could perhaps start with some kettlebell routines from YouTube, there is also a website called myomytv.com where a lovely lady does various routines and has a section for beginners. There is also a thread somewhere on this kettlebell forum that makes recommendations/ offers suggestions for the various DVD programmes out there. I saw a thread that indicated a link to discount vouchers for the Kettleworx programme.

Many of us have started from a 4 or 5kg bell. The cast-iron ones are generally preferred by most to the vinyl ones. TESCO does a reasonably priced 5kg bell.

Welcome aboard Kirstie! :D

Thank you, I'll have a look :) not sure I want to fork out 80 ish quid for kettleworx until I know I like it haha! I'll look into tesco :)

healthykirstie said:
Thank you, I'll have a look :) not sure I want to fork out 80 ish quid for kettleworx until I know I like it haha! I'll look into tesco :)

Yes def recommend some online workouts first, there is a post with some links under stickies I think x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back