Completed Phase 1

jacsprat

Silver Member
Over the last 5 days I have lost 4.5lbs, which considering the quality and quantity of food I have eaten, is encouraging. Also I had been low carbing for a few weeks prior to this and had lost a few pound already.

This is the first time in I dont know how long that I have stuck to a diet exactly. Normally I ignore the part about the caffeine and carry on having a tiny splash of milk in tea etc. The only thing I may have slipped up on is the amount of NLY I have eaten. I know that in Phase 1 there is no limit but I really have had vats of the stuff. I think dairy may be a problem for me so I am going to stay off it for a while longer including NLY for a while. Strangely enough I have not missed cheese and I normally live on it especially when low carbing.

I have felt really tired all week and had to have a few early nights as I was totally wiped out. I was never hungry but thats not to say I found it easy. On Wed and Thu evening I had terrible cravings for something sweet and came close to having some 85% choc, but I resisted.

It just occured to me that even although I was allowed them I never had any high carb veg or brown rice. I stuck to fat meals all week. Infact my carbs were probably lower than they would have been on a low carb diet.

I have decided to try and carry on with Phase 1 for a few more days, eliminating dairy and alcohol for as long as I can. I also want to wean myself off all the processed low carb food that I normally eat. Salami, pepperoni, pork scratchings and the like. Same goes for diet soda's and meal replacement bars.

Well done jacsprat! I too finished phase 1 today and weighed in just less than 6lbs lighter! I am very pleased with myself, however I know that I could easily slip back to my old habits. I have been looking forward to eating other foods to replace the brown rice, but weirdly I am almost scared to eat foods not allowed in phase 1.

I think I am going to introduce foods very gradually back into my diet to find the food to which I am intolerant.

Well done to both of you ! a great start

Well done on sticking to and finishing phase 1 :D

Very well done hun, that's a great result!!!

What's the score with pork scratchings on this diet? Allowed or not?

Back