Completely fed up - any help appreciated :0(

eatlessweighless

Hello all, i'm normally a lurker and not a poster, but I could really use your help to try and snap me out of this.

I am so completely and utterly fed up, its TOTM and I have had a rather exhausting and draining last couple of days with relationship problems. So I thought I would cheer myself up by going to buy some new trousers as the ones I am wearing currently are practically round my knees :D

So I go into Next, pick up a couple of pairs of trousers in the size below what I am currently wearing - can't even get them past my thighs, never mind do them up. So OK, maybe they are just small sizes. So I go into Dotty P's - same. I go into New Look - same. I can't buy the same size as the ones I have one as they are massive! So I then give up and go home, crying in the car all the way.

Right now, I am ready to jack it all in. What's the point in going without if there are no benefits? Feel like throwing myself on the floor and having a tantrum, why me :cry: - its so unfair :cry:- I never asked to be fat :cry:- blah blah, you get the picture!

I know of course that this will pass, but right this moment, I need your help desperately to keep me on this wagon :sigh:

Thanks in advance.

Theresa xx

Look at your signature; there *are* benefits. You have done so well.

Clothes shopping is horrifyingly depressing at the best of times; don't let it get you down.

Ahhhh hun - first of all EVERYONE feels peed off on any diet specially at TOTM!
The facts are that yes, you could follow another diet - BUT you will not get the results that you want as quickly! Look at my losses - all over the place, I've got size 16's hanging off me, went and bought a pair of size 14's last wk without trying them on, and err well the only way I can describe what I look like currently is this....

Imagine a sock with a giant jacket spud stuffed in it - ummmmmm yes that's wat I look like...

If you think logically - the truth is that although the clothes you wearing might've been a particular size, they may have stretched a little to accomodate your increasing figure at the time ;);););)....

Have faith, stay strong!

IF you jack it all now that you've done the hardest part - you'll never ever know what you could have achieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Imagine a sock with a giant jacket spud stuffed in it - ummmmmm yes that's wat I look like..."

Clare - that made me chuckle, thank you for sharing that with me. I know what you mean about the clothes stretching, I'm now pretty certain that is what has happened. As I have just taken off the trousers I was wearing while shopping, and they are the same size as the ones I was trying on! Completely and utterly bizarre.

I need to do this, I have to get this weight off once and for all, and I haven't got time to be faffing around with a pound here and there. So CD it is. Think I'm going to have to catch an early night and hope that I wake up feeling refreshed.

Thank you so much for your replies, it means a lot to me that you lot all know exactly what its like, cos you are all doing it too.

Theresa x

"Imagine a sock with a giant jacket spud stuffed in it - ummmmmm yes that's wat I look like..."

Clare - that made me chuckle, thank you for sharing that with me. I know what you mean about the clothes stretching, I'm now pretty certain that is what has happened. As I have just taken off the trousers I was wearing while shopping, and they are the same size as the ones I was trying on! Completely and utterly bizarre.

I need to do this, I have to get this weight off once and for all, and I haven't got time to be faffing around with a pound here and there. So CD it is. Think I'm going to have to catch an early night and hope that I wake up feeling refreshed.

Thank you so much for your replies, it means a lot to me that you lot all know exactly what its like, cos you are all doing it too.

Theresa x

YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!!!!!!

PS - dont lurk - get posting n get it all ya chest hun xxxx

Hi Theresa

I know you feel I used to find the same problem, current clothes was mahoosive and yet I couldn't get into the next size down. What I used to do was by it anyway, hang it on the wardrobe and try it on once a week. The boost I used to get feeling it becoming that little bit looser on me used to keep me going and it was amazing how quickly I actually did fit into it.

You have done brilliantly so far, hang on in there, these feelings will pass. You can do it!

Gxx

:eek: Time4me - you just described my shopping experience today! Total disappointment! :mad:

Can empathise ELWL! I didn't make my mini-goal today, I've been on CD 6 weeks, I had a few where I wasn't 100% SS'ing... :eek: But since last Tuesday I was SOOOOOO good, 100% SS'ing, no cheating and I only lost 3lb, not the 4lb I needed... :(

All my size 18s and 'big' 16s that I wear on my 'slim days' are all hanging off me, I don't need to undo the buttons/zips to go to the loo :cool:, so to get me motivated for next week I decided to get a size 14 trousers - thinking if they are a bit tight-so what-it'll be great feeling them get looser etc. But every size 14 I tried wouldn't close on me!!!!! And I so didn't want to get a 16!

Depressing day... :cry: I'll join ya in the tantrum on the floor ELWL, then we'll get up and give each other a kick and get crackin' again! ;)

Here's to next week and a super-duper loss for us both!

Don't be sad Theresa. You know the trousers you wear for work are huge, so whether they've stretched or what, you've still lost that weight. You already know you've lost inches.
One bonus is that you have a very pretty face - imagine if that looked like a potato in a sock - then what would you do? I'd have to call you Theresa potato head.
Will you be happy if I make you a cup of bouillon tomorrow?
Good luck with the dentists in the morning. Keep smiling.
x

The TOTM will pass very soon although it comes back periodically!! Allow for this drop, anticipate it each time and dont give in to it. Dont go shopping for personal stuff at this time each month but do some pampering at home. Bathroom indulgence evening, sit back with your favourite DVD/book/OH in whatever order of course!! ring a friend/family come on this site and STOP LURKING (feedback is two way remember and reinforces your commitment to yourself) and pamper, pamper, pamper. Do this without testing your ability to drop sizes etc. and when the curse is over and the body equals out on the water retention etc associated with the TOTM then think of trying on some of your previous wardrobe or whatever.

Back