Completely off track

hannata

I can haz cake?
...and in need of a hug :(

I've been off track for over a week, not been feeling especially well, went to the doctor who then diagnosed me asthma... worst thing is i've had it since i was a child and never diagnosed :(

theres still a worry in my mind as my orthodonist was concerned about something called CREST disease.. i've got to mention it to my rhematologist and see if they'll give me tests =( my doctor was a bit funny about it, saying its incredibly rare and basically said she didn't think i had it... without taking any bloods or anything lol

the inhalers are making me feel really sick so im not eating, then i'll get really hungry and eat nothing but rubbish :/

My doctor said it should settle soon (fingers crossed) so i'm hoping to get back to it after christmas... :(

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

All sounds horrid for you. But big hugs for you.
I've got Asthma and once its controlled it wont get away of your life. In mean time if the inhalers make you sick, its normally cause its going to your head too quickly. How much are you taking? and how often.

As for the crest disease - sounds horrid and hopefully you've not got it (not sure docs should be even mentioning it to you - he should have contacted the rhematologist so as not to scare you. When do you see the rhematologist?

hannata said:
...and in need of a hug :(

I've been off track for over a week, not been feeling especially well, went to the doctor who then diagnosed me asthma... worst thing is i've had it since i was a child and never diagnosed :(

theres still a worry in my mind as my orthodonist was concerned about something called CREST disease.. i've got to mention it to my rhematologist and see if they'll give me tests =( my doctor was a bit funny about it, saying its incredibly rare and basically said she didn't think i had it... without taking any bloods or anything lol

the inhalers are making me feel really sick so im not eating, then i'll get really hungry and eat nothing but rubbish :/

My doctor said it should settle soon (fingers crossed) so i'm hoping to get back to it after christmas... :(

Hugs han! It's tough being poorly, you are definately going through a lot. Just be good to yourself and as good as you can. If you are worried about about this CREST thing could you get your orthodontist to write aetter explaining his concerns?

I suspect most of us will find the next week very hard without medical stuff going on so just do your best and go with the flow. Hopefully it will settle soon. X x

All sounds horrid for you. But big hugs for you.
I've got Asthma and once its controlled it wont get away of your life. In mean time if the inhalers make you sick, its normally cause its going to your head too quickly. How much are you taking? and how often.

As for the crest disease - sounds horrid and hopefully you've not got it (not sure docs should be even mentioning it to you - he should have contacted the rhematologist so as not to scare you. When do you see the rhematologist?

I've got clenil for prevention and salamol for relief. My doc said I might need to take the reliever more than "normal" for a while.. I'm taking it 2/3 times over night time and maybe once or twice during the day. I think i'm getting a bit of a cold too which may be making things worse. I'm going to ring the doc after christmas if i'm not feeling better and taking it less. Trying to have a bit of patience lol

My orthodonist noticed the click in my jaw caused by my arthritis (worst shes seen in her career) and reading off my medical history, she said it might be worth mentioning.

crests is basically a collection of immune disorders. I've already been diagnosed with the immune disorders anyway, would just make pinning down a treatment a LOT more effective if you know where you stand, and anything to look out for in the future, i think theres a lot of heart involvement in crests, and my family has a big history of heart stuff

Hugs han! It's tough being poorly, you are definately going through a lot. Just be good to yourself and as good as you can. If you are worried about about this CREST thing could you get your orthodontist to write aetter explaining his concerns?

I suspect most of us will find the next week very hard without medical stuff going on so just do your best and go with the flow. Hopefully it will settle soon. X x

Thanks Jayde :) I'm going to see a rhemy in january anyway, just getting to the point where a reasonable explanation for all my ills would be nice. I'm going to enjoy christmas and let the worrying commence after then lol xx

now times for tea and a chocolate bar he he xx

Last edited:
Back