Completely unrelated to LT but...

hannahike

... can anyone recommend a good book?

i have 2 on the go that i'm just not interested in reading... i need one that i WANT to read!!

What kind of genre do you like? Horror/thriller, crime, chick lit ?

I recommend The Time Travellers Wife byt Audrey Niffeniger(spelling??)

Had me in tears and very involving i thought. Sounds quite sci-fi but its not.

Most enjoyable

i went out at the weekend and bought three books as i think i'm going to need something to distact me, i bought:

Nick Stone - king of swords
Stephen king - Blaze
Julia Navaro - Bible of clay

Dont know if it helps

Books

If fiction isnt grabbing you at the moment - maybe think about something different?

Here is a brilliant book - i think when you are going through weight loss - many people reflect on their whole lives and how they can improve other areas also...

Amazon.co.uk: How to Be Brilliant: Michael Heppell: Books

:)

Ive been looking at some Stephen King books... never read anything by him.. are his books really scary?!

I love the Number 1 Lady Detective series of books by Alastair McCall Smith. I read six of them when I was hospitalised last year with my gallstones. They kept me going! They are easy to read and have a lovely gentle humour. You may have seen the TV version of the first book which was screened over the Easter weekend. It was the last production of Anthony Mingella before his untimely death. The books are even more special to me as they are set in Botswana and I spent the early part of the 2000's living over there. It is a wonderful country full of wonderful people - but more of that another time! Get reading!

Ive been looking at some Stephen King books... never read anything by him.. are his books really scary?!

OOOhh The Shining is a brilliant read, and so is Stand By Me, both by Stephen King and much better than the films.

Oh nearly forgot, I've just finished The Green Mile by Stephen King, had me in tears, loved it

I LOVE STEPHEN KING!!! He isnt for everyone though. I dont think his books are scarey, freaky sometimes.

I have Blaze and it was an ok read, it pays hommmage to Of Mice and Men , Not a "proper" stephen king book though

My sisters keeper is another good book, forget the author however.

any Martina cole books they are great keep ya gripped and wanting to get to the end very quickly they are about women who come through loads of **** with victory also a bit of gangster action i swear bt them even my husband reads them and he ahd never read a book till about 6 years ago oh and there are loads to choose from aswell hope this helps x

I must admit I'm a Patricia Cornwall fan - although not so keen on Blowfly!

If you like detective stories try Sue Graftons alphabet stories starting with A is for Alibi. They all feature a woman PI who is young and fun living in California getting into all sorts of trouble.

If you like thrillers then Mary Higgins Clark is good.

x

Ok.. i have just purchased the first of Terry Pratchetts Discworld novels.

Rustler, Razzle, Mayfair I find them all a good read ;-p xxx

Rustler, Razzle, Mayfair I find them all a good read ;-p xxx

:rotflmao: You so crack me up :rotflmao:

Back to the books:-

Jonathan Kellerman (thrillers)
Jodi Picout, author of My Sister's Keeper amongst others - really thought provoking books. Fab stories which I find really question your individual opinions on the topics covered.
Nora Roberts - fantasy/romance (Vampires/Spirits/Ghosts/Witches)
to name but a few authors!

Patricia Cornwall used to be really good but I did not enjoy the last couple of 'Kay Scarpetta' novels. Could not put the first few down until finished though;)

Don't know if you have tried your local library. Ours has 'surprise' books wrapped in brown paper (just for fattothin)! It has saved me heaps of money.

Lol!!! SammyLou, I like your style!!!!

x

Im reading bag of bones by stephen king at the moment! Brilliant, a real page turner. I also bought Paula Radcliffes autobiography, for a bit of motivation! I have high aspirations!

Back