completly syn free snacks.

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
hey guys.

I was thinking today, about ideas for my weeks when iv literally got NO syns to spare what so ever, and what i could eat.
I often have weeks where i could easily eat an entire cow. i just cant get enough food, and this often results in me attempting to consume lots of low syn snacks, but when i cant stop.. those few syns can add up to alot before you know it.

any ideas? x

If I have no syns left and I'm still hungry I eat VLF yoghurt with chopped up fruit and a little bit of sweetener. I have been known to eat packets of cooked meat on a hungry day too!

If I'm following a red day I tend to have some cooked chicken breast in the fridge I can snack on, or boiled eggs are a staple for me.

I like to whip up a quick 2-egg omlette, or have a mugshot or some low fat supernoodles! I went to Mecca Bingo last week and everyone's fish & chips made me feel so peckish, so I went and bought a big bowl of mushy peas (they do the best mushy peas!!!) Everyone in the queue was looking at me like I had 2 heads and some asked me if I was pregnant! I thoroughly enjoyed them, and I'm so glad they're free (I mainly do EE!)X

Only the boring normal fruit and carrots think lol
What I sometimes have as a treat but still super free is a strawberry kebab (just strawberrys threaded on a stick) with a vanilla muller light with chocolate sprinkles... it's a bit like have a chocolate fondue if you use your imagination lol
Sometimes if I know I'm having a late tea so i'm going to be peckish I cook a bit more for dinner so I can save a bit of it and have it for a snack.

Although it's one of the 'food abuse' things, I still make the couscous cake. I am not grinding down the couscous, and only using the same as I'd use in a portion eaten on it's own, so that's how I justify it!

I find it really filling and stodgy, and sometimes on hungry days it's just what I need!

Although it's one of the 'food abuse' things, I still make the couscous cake. I am not grinding down the couscous, and only using the same as I'd use in a portion eaten on it's own, so that's how I justify it!

I find it really filling and stodgy, and sometimes on hungry days it's just what I need!

It's not food abuse hun - SW confirmed it's fine as long as you're making up the couscous as directed, so eat guilt-free!

for me its gherkins and ham, no, not pregnant, just weird I think ;)

hey guys.

I was thinking today, about ideas for my weeks when iv literally got NO syns to spare what so ever, and what i could eat.
I often have weeks where i could easily eat an entire cow. i just cant get enough food, and this often results in me attempting to consume lots of low syn snacks, but when i cant stop.. those few syns can add up to alot before you know it.

any ideas? x

Well, you could always eat that cow - so long as you cut off the fatty bits first... :D

As for my syn-free snacks, pretty much what everyone else has suggested - fruit, chopped veg and cottage cheese, VLF yogurt, cooked meats.

The omlette idea's a good one - that'd be quite filling I think. And you could always make a sweet version that tastes more like a pancake if it's sweetness you're wanting (recipe here: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/72066-mmmm-yummy-syn-free-pancakes.html)

Im pretty similar too....mugshots are good and if i only have a salad for lunch its nice to have something warm...and my dessert most evenings is VLF fromage frais, frozen berries and a bit of sweetner...yum yum :)

Green days : savoury rice, mugshots (orangey one for me), boiled eggs, pickled eggs, pickled onions, Mullerlight banana & custard with a banana sliced into it.

In the new food directory there is a section for superfree foods branded and non-branded, and also green and red day foods branded and non-branded. Best book in this universe imo!!

cold chicken drumsticks with the skin taken off are free and they do it for me :) or supernoodles if im feeling lazy!

and if im feeling good then apples, grapes, strawberries, mullerlights, carrots etc.

xxx

For me it'd be Gherkins, Pickled Onions, Yogs, Quiche, Hardboiled Eggs, Fruit, MugShots, SuperNoodles, Savoury Rice, Ham or other packaged meats

If I can be bothered, I will whzz up a hummus style dip with chickpeas, yogurt and garlic (paprika also) and eat it with raw veggies - carrots, cucumbers, strips of pepper or celery etc.

More usually, I attack the fruit bowl, or make a mugshot ..

Back