compliment

metrognome

is getting better at it
good morning everyone,
someone payed me a compliment yesterday, and it only now that i can accept it for what i was (if you know what i mean) instead of trying to find a reason for why he said it or what he was after, trying to find a negative for it :sigh:

does anyone else do this or am i the only one as you can maybe tell im not used to this compliment lark :)

I can never take a compliment.
Like, if someone says 'your hair looks nice' I always reply with a negative like 'oh god, its awful, it needs cutting' (even if it doesn't). I am one of those people that wouldn't step outside if my hair wasn't how I wanted it so, if I am happy with it, why can't I accept that someone else may think its nice too?
Thats just one example.....I am like it with any compliment!

Know what you mean, I think its all down to having a low opinion of myself because of being overweight that when I start to get compliments there is a tendancy to still see myself as how I was and not how I am now. I lost 10 stone in a previous life and had loads of compliments but was never confident enough to accept them for what they were. Regained the weight and the compliments stopped. Think this time I might just try to change my way of thinking and start to like myself a bit more.

You go with the flow honney and accept the compliments, get used to them and enjoy everyone of them xx

I have lost 21lbs so far over a 5 week period. I have really been struggling lately and trying to sabotage it. My friend came into work yesterday and she said how different i look. She has been off for 3 weeks!! She got me to stand up in the office and do a little twirl around. I thought she was taking the micky!! I dont think I look that different but I suppose i should just accept the compliment and enjoy the fact at least someone is starting to notice. :) Enjoy it!!

I agree try and enjoy it if you can.
I do the same though as a mum at the school gates came up to me (who I don't know) and said 'wow you have lost loads and look good.' My reply was 'thanks....but I still have half a stone to go!' Perhaps it is something to do with confidence too:confused:

hmm, it is hard to take a compliment. If i havent lost weight for a while and someone says "oh you look good have you lost weight" i generally think that they are taking the mickey.

i like the compliments they spur me on someone told me i was disappearing yesterday and that it was very inspirational and i enjoy it but i think i have come to take compliments alot better as i have got older learning to compliment yourself is a massive battle you have to learn that before you can really accept and believe it from someone else i think but thats just my opinion, either way ladies it's good to remember people don't just say things for the sake of it XXXX

i'm the opposite lol when people say you look good, have you lost weight, my response is usually yes I do and yes I have lol

That's wonderful, well done, be proud of your compliments - you deserve them...

Back