Attack concerned about nothing happening

Bibaloo

Hello all!

I have posted this in my diary but thought I might get more response here.

I'm getting a but bothered now. This is the beginning of day three of attack and second time of doing Dukan. I first did it about 6 weeks ago for a couple of weeks before failing miserably due to some upset. It was really good and I lost 6lb in 6 days before stalling.

I'm a bit bothered now cause I've just been on the scales and no loss yet :( Am I doing something wrong or is it simply not as effective second time round. Hope something kicks in soon. I want to feel enthused not demoralised.

I don't have the horrible yet reassuring side effects of ketosis either.

Thanks!!

I never got the side effects of ketosis either, still haven't nearly 4 weeks later. Is it your totm? Are you keeping an eye on how much dairy you have? Do you feel slimmer even if the scales are not going down?

Hi Bibaloo - I know how frustrating this is - almost two weeks for me without a real loss. I was however feeling slimmer - I would really encourage you to measure as well as weigh - you might be surprised if you lose a mystery inch somewhere but the scales don't budge, you will eventually catch up!
Water consumption is crucial too, as well as watching your dairy intake. I hope you can stick with it, and I am sure the scales will move downwards for you. ;)

Thanks. That's reassuring.
Not really feeling slimmer yet but I'm definitely sticking with it. It worked last time so it should again I guess.
I'm drinking plenty of water - about 2.5 litres yesterday - and I'm not having too much dairy. Just one yoghurt a day and a couple of teas.
I'll try and remain optimistic :)

Hiya,

It's definately not all about the scales. I can feel a difference in myself even when the scales dont move.

My body is really weird with weight loss, like I don't see any change for a week and then a week later BAM the scales drop! It's happened when I've lost between 4-7 lbs! So I weigh myself every two weeks for that reason.

Don't be disheartened. Do you nt feel that your clothes fit better already? X

Not really although the weather is so clammy and horrible everything feels uncomfortable anyway. Having said that, I hadn't really noticed, but I've just checked and the belt in my jeans is a bit looser so maybe!!!
I'm quite enjoying the food though. Actually what I think I enjoy us not having to think about food too much. I'm one of those people that struggles on ww and Sw and similar because there's too much choice and I end up going mad. At least on this there's only detain things I can eat and that's that.
Determined to make this work x

Have you posted menus?

In my diary I have. Today I've had:
Galette

Yoghurt

Chicken

Beef, chicken and tuna quiche (made with tuna, eggs, cottage cheese)

Yesterday:
Omelette

Prawns and tuna

Yoghurt and oatbran

Chicken, beef and tuna

Sunday:
Omelette

Oatbran and yoghurt

Mackerel and tuna

Chicken and tuna quiche

There's nothing obvious there. You're not hugely overweight, at your height (can you click on "BMI" in your user CP) so your loss won't be easy. I'd advise stepping away from tinned tuna/mackeral and potentially salty foods for a couple of days and shaking things up a little. I also see 3 x PP menus above. What rhythm are you doing? Change to 1/1 and see if that has any effect perhaps. What do you drink? Your yoghurts are which brand? Just little things which, when there's not much loss required, could make a difference.

Lots of H2O... and I'm sure things will improve. Watch cottage cheese too. Not ok here and only the value Tesco range, I believe, is very low fat so any others need to be eaten in moderation - particularly if stalling.

Good luck!

Thank you!
I'm still in attack at the moment hence al PP.

My yoghurt is Rachels organic fat free natural yoghurt.

I'm using Tesco cottage cheese but so far have only had one tbsp in my quiches and one batch lasted three days

Will keep at it and cut out the fish. Thanks for the advice x

Back