Concerned for my future...

what a wonderful, down to earth way of saying how I feel. I know only I can make the change, I know I should be in control but how do I grasp the bottom of the ladder.................thats the tough one. Every time I think this is it, I sabotage my huge efforts and find myself in the fridge etc. And then I beat myself up and end up thinking negative thoughts like "I was fat anyway so might as well live up to it"
Why can't icemoose be my CDC..............you seem to understand my journey

I just wanted to say a huge thankyou to everyone...so wonderful to know I am not alone in my constant struggles!
I have read throuhg all the posts ..but will read them and digest them all again later...when I have no kids around.

Mike I signed up for NLP but didnt really know where to start on posting msg's....ie what do I say/do.......will go and have a think and post later.

I will also think about seeing a dietition....

Will check back in later tonight...need to go and digest all of it now and think about my next step.
thanks again to each and every one of you !!!

Hugs lou XXX

Ok....so I have:-

put a msg on the NLP board

I have eaten a proper dinner with the boys(1st time in ages, apart from sun dinner)

Looked long and hard in the mirror and have realised I really dont like what I see, but its only me that can sort it, well with the help of all you that is! I do like myslef, I am a good person, but just like the outside cover!

Have decided I am going to have a break from trying to SS(for a couple of weeks), eat sensibly till disney, then eat at Disney:D....then seriously give ss or 790 my all.

I can and I so want to be slimmer and feel better about myself, emotionally and physically, I will do it as I did it originally, day by day, hour by hour if necessary.and see each completed day as a success.
Along the way I need to make serious and permenant changes in my life, so that the weight stay off this time.

Hi All,

Its not Lou, Its her Hubby Vic,

Firstly I would like to say a big thankyou to all of you out there for the support you have shown Lou in the past and are still showing her now. Every now and then when this page is left open I have a read of what has been said, but today Lou mentioned to me that I should have a look at what people had written, it is amaizing how supportive and caring you all are.
Lou and myself have been together for thirteen years and in all that time there has been some kind of diet or weight loss plan living with us, side by side. I try my best to understand what she is feeling and thinking, but as she quite rightly says I suppose "Dont Understand" and probably never will fully understand.
I love her whatever she weighs, whatever she measures and whatever she eats, but maybe that makes me part of the problem, maybe I should have a go at her about it ? But sorry I cant.
I know it sounds like a bit of an old cliche but some of the nicest, friendliest and most likeable people I have ever met have been overweight, I think that the first step for Lou and anyone else that feels the same way is to learn to like yourselves for what you are, I dont meen learn to live with it because there is no hope, far from it, its just that I think self hate is just another trigger.
Lou is the most caring, compasionate, loving, maternal and understanding person I have ever met and I cannot imagine life without her, she has helped me through my own massive emotional and health problems and if she can learn to love herself 5% as much as Caleb, Joe and I do, I know that she can find the right mindset to overcome (or live) with her deamons.

I wish all of you the best of luck in the fight against yours and once again thankyou for your support and appologise for waffling on.

Lou`s Hubby XXXXXXXXXXXX Squares (not an insult, Lou knows)

Last edited:
Hello, I sneeked over here from the LL forum and just had to say what a lovely post from hubby, brought a tear to my eye. You both sound lovely.

Just to add my twopenneth for what its worth, I have been on the diet roundabout for years and have just read an interesting book that was all about how certain foods are actually physically addictive. Things such as refined carbs (produces seretonin) and sugars are things that some peoples bodies physically crave and that sends all sorts of messages to their brain to get them to eat them. Just made me realise why sometimes this battle is so tough. It is not an excuse but does help me not to beat myself up so much about why I struggle at those times where I am sitting there eating junk and I dont even know why I am doing it. Knowledge is power so they say! Everyone prob knows that already but it was a bit of a Eurika moment for me.

Anyway, I'll sneak back to the LL Forum now... good luck on all your journeys xx

Hi have read some of the brilliant posts on here, I can fully sympathise with how you feel. What I am trying to do now - and have been overweight my whole adult life - is be kinder to myself and not beat myself up everytime I look in the mirror and try and say positive things to myself. This doesn't work all the time as we all have "fat" days - even skinny people! But also I(we) seem to think that people look at me(us) and define us by our size/BMI when in fact people don't even notice us for our size, just for the person we are - which is why I like to think that is why sometimes people don't notice our weightloss achievements until we have lost stones because they see us for who we are and not what we are. Hope that makes sense! I have just come back from Disney and had a fab time but with all the walking you will be doing I shouldn't think you will do too much damage!

I have slogged away at this diet for what seems a lifetime but it is only VLCD that seem to be the most efficient for me personally but I have come to a point where I am thoroughly bored with the whole thing, missing eating with the family etc etc and so I am now doing 790 and at least I am training myself to eat a healthy "meal" each day and can sit and enjoy it with the family. I have also started swimming and am hoping to step the exercise up when I get nearer to my goal. Its all about putting yourself first and being kinder to yourself and trying to love yourself... Sorry if I am rambling and hope you can get the gist of what I am trying to say... Have a great time at Disney - very jealous as got back on Tuesday and am on a downer now!!!

Hiya Babes, :D

I have had a good read of your post & wanna say I am HERE if you need me, dont bottle it up, I have been your CD buddy for a couple of years now on & off and I know its hard, especially this time around I find it extremely hard..

I really wanna say firstly that the post that Your Vic posted, It made me fill up, what a fantastic supportive husband you have that totally loves you to bits..
VIC YOUR A STAR.. ;)

I know exactly what u mean with this food thing as I am either very good or very bad, today for instance, I have ate, but tonight I have just made a cuppa & ate about 5 digestive biscuits, WTF, I am trying to lose weight & here I am eating for the sake of eating..

At the moment thou if I eat something naughty, I just think what the hell I have ate junk now I might as well just continue all day eating *****, Why do I do it to myself, It makes me feel sick thinking about it but I am enjoying myself while I am stuffing crap in my gob.

I need a good think about things & either do CD or just accept I am what I am, But I want to be slim, I want to feel fab, I want to be complimented of the achievement of losing all my weight, THEN WHY CANT I JUST DO IT,:mad:

Maybe you may need to swith to LL as someone has mentioned as you do get the help too, but its so expensive..

Will text u in a bit..

xx

Again I just wanted to say a big thank you to all of you for your support, understanding, suggestions and empathy.

This is such a hard journey, but one that gives us wonderful results, why is it something that we so want just seems(I know its not) impossible to achieve!

I know how lucky I am to have Vic, but you know, it really effected him today reading all these posts about people feeling bad about themselves, it also made him sad that there are so many of us out there, that dont value who we are just because we carry a bit of extra weight. I think it also gave him a better understanding of where I am coming from.

I really honestly dont know where my journey goes from here, I know I dont want to be yo yo ing forever, but I also know I dont want to be over weight forever. The ball is in my court and I know its only down to me to do it and to change my life.

We can do this and I do believe, like Clare is always telling me, there is a 'right time' for all of us. I just need to get my head in the right place first and understand why I am and do overeat.
But hopefully with the support of my wonderful Vic and family and the fantastic support on here, I will do it in the not too distant future!

Hugs to all of you!!! Lou XXX

Hiya Babes, :D

I have had a good read of your post & wanna say I am HERE if you need me, dont bottle it up, I have been your CD buddy for a couple of years now on & off and I know its hard, especially this time around I find it extremely hard..

I really wanna say firstly that the post that Your Vic posted, It made me fill up, what a fantastic supportive husband you have that totally loves you to bits..
VIC YOUR A STAR.. ;)

Thanks darling........its a wonderful thing finding a new friend and one that sticks by you from think and thin is just fantastic.Thanks for being there for the past 2 yrs. You are very special to me honey.
Thanks for being You!!!!

Thanks darling........its a wonderful thing finding a new friend and one that sticks by you from think and thin is just fantastic.Thanks for being there for the past 2 yrs. You are very special to me honey.
Thanks for being You!!!!

Watch you don't make me fill up girl! :cry:

Nearly totm so need chocolate, a chick flick & a good cry..

You are a Gorgeous, Special, Supportive, Fantastic Friend who is always there day or night for me If I need advice, support or just a text chat.

Don't worry about a thing, you look forward to your disney holiday with the family & then re-valuate what your next step is after you come back, hopefully you head will be in the right 'place' by then,

Text me whenever you need me.. :D

Hugs

xx

Back