Concerns expressed about my weight

liz0703

Silver Member
Well, today my mum said I looked emaciated!!!! My mother-in-law says I am becoming anorexic!!!!! Anyone would think I was about 6 stone- I am 11st8lbs, they have all told me to check the scales!! (only use the scales at the chemist!) I certainly don't feel too thin, I have 'flab' everywhere, which I know is due to me not doing exercise enough, i took my boys swimming today, and feel so healthy and refreshed, will definitely be doing that regularly -1st time Ive worn a swimming costume since weight loss!!

However, I do feel that I am very anxious about coming off the shakes, for a very strong fear of putting the weight back on. Has anyone else experienced this? I beginning to get a bit worried that I won't be able to stop the shakes!! I do want to leave a bit of lee way for re-feeding and maintenance, in the unfortunate chance I do happen to put weight on. Your problems never stop, they just change, less than 5 months ago, too fat, now too thin(apparently!!)- never thought I would get told that in a million years!!

I was reading in a magazine, about Britney Spears, and how fat she looked at 9st3lbs (they are just evil!!!), she is same height as me, and got down 8 1/2st and she looked fab, and I thought, I want to look like that!!! (I know there is various air-brushing involved to get her looking like that lol)

Hi there!!

We cant win can we?
Maybe your mum has been used to seeing the "before" you??
My sister gives me daily lectures about the evil of dieting but she is 9 stone wet through and has never struggled with weight issues.... i think our nearest and dearest just worry about us!!

As for refeeding anxiety , it has crossed my mind about gaining weight once off the shakes , im using this T.F.R. to slay my food demons and trying to think of refeeding as a re-education!!

have a nice weekend.
Sunny x

Hey Liz

I have had the same problem, but the thing is, these people havent seen us naked or in a bikini and clothes help keep us all together :)

You can lose weight on refeed and if followed correctly you will definitely maintain. Afterwards its all about maintenance and knowing that as long as you dont exceed what you put out (cals) wise you should be fine. Obviously it is not as easy that and there will be times that test us, and the old food demons may come to life, but think of your experience on LT, to help keep you in control as in like what were your triggers etc.

After refeed we can still have that odd thing we like- but in moderation. Kered in the maintenance forum has a diary and she has been maintaining for months now it may help you, to have a peek :D Im not maintaining yet, and have only experience of refeed. :)

Hi Liz,
can't win sometimes can you! People who I haven't seen in a while tell me to be careful not to lose too much more, I am 14 stone 13lb for crying out loud. Naturally all who say it are less weight for some reason.
However that was just to share that bit, regarding coming off the shakes, have you got a plan in mind, are you going to join a slimming club or what.
I am coming off in a couple of weeks, mainly due to lack of energy so no exercising. I will go to weight watchers and use them as well as staying on the maintenance for a while. My chemist told me one can stay on the maintenance for life, I plan to for perhaps the first month to see how it goes.
Have you addressed your eating issues and how to combat them? I am not saying I have all the answers but I have spent the last number of months looking at why and how I eat and what has helped to deal with that.
You have just over half a stone to lose, that must feel great. Make sure you look at the refeed section and the maintenance for support also as they have been where you are now.
Wishing you all the best.
Doirin

Thank you for the reassuring and helpful posts.

Was thinking of joining a slimming club, have a Rosemary Connelly club at the school next door, and have been on the SW and WW websites. However, apart from paying for the meet each week, the menus seem quite expensive, my weekly food shopping budget is quite limited, so not sure if I would be able to keep up with it.

Have just moved, and my new doctors have a dietitian attached to the practice (so hopefully no waiting lists and going all the way to a hospital to see one), I going to get myself referred to her before I even attempt to start eating again, and hopefully she will be able to guide me in the right direction. I am also tralling through the internet for healthy, low-fat recipes/ diet plans on a regular (perhaps obsessive ha ha ) basis.

I put my target weight at 11st. That was when I was 17st3lbs, and I thought it would be an ok weight to get down to so I could come off it faster lol. Ideally I want to get at least some where in the 10's, but ideally top 9's!!!

My friends told me not to lose too much last year when I was still officially obese!!!! Since I have put weight back on they keep telling me how much better I look and how I was looking too gaunt before. I must admit my face was a bit thin but I carry my weight around my waist and I need to get quite low to get rid of it.

Be brutually honest with them, tell them you were morbidly obese and are still overweight and that you need to get to a healthy weight for your boys. They won't believe you but it is the truth! They are just used to seeing you much bigger, that's what I found, so it is taking them longer to get their heads around it.

I think you are doing amazingly. Don't let them pressurise you to stop before you are happy with what you see in the mirror. It is your body after all.

Good luck hun.

x

can I just say that with the right frame of mind you can continue to lose weight. I have weighed myself this morning and can confirm that I have lost one stone in 3 months since coming of LT. I

Damn dont know what happen there, anyway I have limited myself to 1.250 calories, been more relaxed at weekends and used a vibro plate to tone. I now weigh 9:10 and dont want to go any further, not because of what people say, but because I feel that I AM comfortable. I thought of LT AS A SPRINGBOARD, but acknowledged that there was still work to do. good luck. xx

Hi Liz, you have done fantastically well and should be so proud of yourself. Like you I am getting comments from friends about looking 'skinny' which is ridiculous but I think it is that they can't see the wobbly flab below the clothes. I'm aiming for about 10st 4lbs which is a healthy bmi for my height so still 3 stone to go which seems so far away :sigh:
Also like you I am scared about coming off TFR and worry that the food demons wil come straight back. we will just have to cross that bridge when we get to it and keep coming on here for inspiration and support.
Oh and I plan to join Rosemary conelly when I go on maintenance as its the only club that includes exercise classes.

Be brutually honest with them, tell them you were morbidly obese and are still overweight and that you need to get to a healthy weight for your boys. They won't believe you but it is the truth! They are just used to seeing you much bigger, that's what I found, so it is taking them longer to get their heads around it.

I think you are doing amazingly. Don't let them pressurise you to stop before you are happy with what you see in the mirror. It is your body after all.

Good luck hun.

x[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that tip, I will definitely use that one!!!

100% going to start using the vibro plate, they do it round the corner from me. Everyone says how great it is, and want to see what its all about lol. Have just bought some exercise dvd's, 15 minute workout for dummies, and dance workout for dummies- thought I would start right at the bottom ha ha. Also, got the exercise bike, which I plan to start using again, so hopefully 'flabby' bits will soon be no more!!

I think people find it alarming when people they think of as overweight lose weight, as I got similar comments when I got to a size 14 last time I did TFR! I wouldn't listen to them or let them convince you there are issues there you don't have. Besides, nice to be "too thin" for a change, eh?

The idea of eating again does worry me, but, I'm sure you'll be fine - you've obviously got a lot of drive to have done so well!!

Hannah

Everyone gets anxious about eating again - TFR is so easy!! If you follow the refeed plan to the absolute letter you'll be fine.

Re family and friends - if you want my advice smile sweetly, say 'thanks for the advice' and carry on doing what you want to do - what YOU know is best for you - nobody else can possibly know that.

Good luck xx

Back