confession time - restart today

I feel like a complete fraud when the rest of you are doing so well but want to get back on track pronto so confession time and then move on - hopefully it might help someone else avoid what I've done and prevent me doing it again.

Usual story I'm afraid - a meal off turned into a day off - then a week - then a fortnight - i'll get back on it tomorrow (every day) etc etc in the meantime and given the impending famine have eaten every thing in sight - a spectacular failure given my expressions of wanting to find balance re my relationship with food-feel like apologising to you all given the marvelous support available here and as I say a complete fraud.

So restarting today - have tried to work out why I self sabotaged -nothing that doesn't sound like a big fat excuse- the scales had stuck - got disillusioned - bit stressed re baby's health - exhausted with lack of sleep etc etc - nothing frankly that food was the answer for!

The damage - seems to be a gain of around 5lbs from last official weigh in (around 7lbs from where I was really)- guess it could have been a lot worse - will update ticker

So here we go again - I'm trying to set mini goals with reference to some weddings/social events coming up -realistic ones I hope - I think despite my messing about I can still be where I want to be by Christmas and back into my nice clothes - thanks to all of you for the inspiration - esp those of you brave enough to post photo's

I need to remember I do not want to be the fat mummy at the school gates!!!

On the plus side you should get that gain off really quickly.

Good for you for coming back and giving it another go though. Youre only human after all and all you can do is your best.

Well done for coming straight back. You'll lose that 5lbin no time and be back on target for your goal.

Hey honey,

Seems we are both in the same boat today! I haven't had time off as such, but I have cheated on Sat night and last night (to quite a spectacular extent!) and so today is officially my first day back on the wagon properly... sat quietly, arms behind my back, mouth gagged and DAMN WELL doing to wait until I get to my 'stop'! Haha.

So - good luck to you and I both... we can do this. We are stronger than some pesky food. Come on Slimmer Bridezilla... we are going to be gorgeous and will show all those non-believers that we have what it takes to find a way to cope with stress without the assistance of calories and naughtiness.

:)

Anna xx

Good luck to you both. It's so hard to be 100% all the time....and just remember the old saying 'it's not how many times you fall over...it's how many times you get back up'
x

Good Luck to you, hope you enjoyed the time off (I would have)!! Glad you are back on it and I'm sure you will lose that 5lb quickly, in a way it's good to know that it took quite a while of eating freely to put on 5lb...

Gives me hope for when I start introducing food again (dream dream)!!

Well done for getting back on and giving it another go xx

you came back = )

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

I think were Winston Churchil's saying.

....you came back, that is all that matters:D

there is still 3 months til Christmas, all is not lost

Far too many bloo*y pot holes in the road that keep rocking that wagon and making us fall off for my liking!

Well done on clambering back on board! If anyone has any 'chubby girl with chocolate in her sights' proof rope then please come and tie me up!

Hmmm, in a roundabout way I'm trying to say I keep falling off too!

hey thanks so much everyone -the support on here is absolutely fabulous - well day 1 nearly over of re start -been 100%- have to remember not to eat baby's leftovers- struggling with the water but I always do - but feeling positive :D and thinking of my size 16 dresses for Christmas party season ;)(rather than my particularly unprepossessing size 22 jeans which I am currently sporting :eek::eek:

your not alone i also fell off the wagon this weekend :( ! Like people said you have come back .

Your definatly not alone in falling off the wagon, but your back on it now, good luck!

I did the same thing the last VLCD I did, always getting back on it tomorrow. You WILL do it, and by doing so you are going to loose the weight you put on quicker than it took to put it on, not many diets do that.

I'm hoping I can keep to the course, but realisitcally I know there will be times when I will fall!

the main thing is you're here and you want to get to your destination- size 16 by christmas, here you come! x

haha i know that feeling- oh well, some people would be envious to be in such a position!!

Back