Confessional time...

Elle, you are very honest and open. It is wonderful that you can lay bare your demons. I agree with everyone's replies. You are very near to a magnificent goal. However, this weekend has made you realise how easily you will slip back to old and very bad habits. Don't let your supreme effort go to waste. You had good results with a food counsellor before so definitely go that route again. You must address those habits in order to maintain after you reach your goal. You have been phenomenal in achieving so much so it is within your grasp to address the eating habits. You are fab.

i think it was amazing how your whole post explained what happened, why it happened, why it shouldnt happen and the steps your going to do so you wont do it again. this is a huge step. not only are you taking complete responsibility for what happened your also saying you cant do it alone. this is a wake call for not only you but everyone on food replacement diets. we only think about losing weight for so long we dont think about how hard its going to be to start eating til we are faced wit it.

you're dead right you were sabotaging yourself its what we all do. you are so stong you can do this. just remember you are not alone in this you never will be.

Hi Elle
Spooky...I was only just thinking of you today!!!! I am struggling getting onto the main forum in the evenings...can manage the maintenance/refeed, but it just hangs on the main one...anyway, I decided to try again, and saw your post..well, it has taken me about 10 mins to get this far, as it hanged for ages, but I was so determined to reply.

Firstly, done, dusted, past, move on....learn from it! You know the drill - not that you have been in that position since starting LT, but you have been such an inspiration and given out this advice to others who have done the same...so, take it on board.

Personally, I think it was good that you had the blip...when you stay on LT a long time, I think you can become almost smug..and I am not saying this of you, but for myself..even although I was only 14 weeks..food isnt an issue when on LT, but it is when you dont have the support of the shakes..the hard work then comes and you have recognised that. I think you now have a few weeks to take a good look at your food demons and I think that is only positive.

I had a blip on Saturday and it frightened me because my eating disorder is still there, but I know I have to make healthy choices every day and it is in my hands..without this, I may have not come back on TFR after my holiday. It made my mind up to get to my goal, which was my original intention.

So, sweetie,,,you have been an absolute tower of strength, wisdom, and honesty from Day 1,,,dont expect anything less from you to come and tell us all...you really didnt need to (really), but you did...hats off!!!

I have no doubts you will do this....and you have till Saturday to get a lot of the weight gain off....and then you are on the home straight...you are almost there!!

You are such an inspiration and just want to pass on all my thanks for your support to me and to others on this forum.

I think we will always love all the naughty foods....we live in that type of society now...just need to learn to live with it and deal with it and keep everything in moderation.

TAKE GOOD CARE!!!!!

Babes I know exactly how you feel because I had the same thing when I gave a break for a week. You will feel guilty but trust me it is not as bad as you think it might be. You will only put on slightly or maybe stay the same. When you restart the diet you will lose big again the first week but you can and will reach your goal. So what if you ate for 1 day or 1 week. You did this for 6 months which is just amazing. If you do put on a few pounds soooo whatttt. I would say that you got it out of your system.

But be warned once you have eaten it does get hard not pick at food when you restart.

Good Luck hun, not that you will need it.

Thanks everyone. Definitely still feeling my hand drawn towards foods.

Stayed with friends last night and RESISTED the massive amounts of birthday cake staring at me in their kitchen. I told myself that food will be there in 4/5 weeks time when i eat again - I can't pretend it's easy but it does feel like every time I am faced with food I have a decision to make. 6 months on LT has shown me that i CAN say no... so, i'm getting there. And we all can. We just have to think about what passes our lips, whether that's during our time on TFR - but even more so when we get back to eating normal food again.

Almost looking forward to my weigh in - I think, as some of you have said, I *needed* this wake up call. I need to have to 'confess' it, and I need to get on with TFR for the next few weeks - I'd be so disappointed to get 95% to goal and feel like i'd failed if I didn't get there 100%.

So to everyone else struggling - coming here and talking to you lot has helped me massively, so if you're sitting there in silence and feeling bad, or guilty, or ashamed or even just mildly ticked off about anything to do with TFR - talk to the group :)

Cheers buddies!
xx

Elle, so glad you are so positive and unbowed. You have a fabulous reserve of inner strength.Good on ya!!

Elle, I think you are amazing! I have a similar amount to lose, and was totally intrigued by your journey, you have gave me hope that I can do it too! Good luck for your last lbs***

OMG Elle-Emm is human!?!?

To quote Michael Stipe, "It's the end of the world as we know it... and I feel fine".

Put it behind you lovey and get back to being the perfect role model you usually are...

I also slipped, in a series of little ways, resulting in negligible weight loss this week...

I went for a drink with someone nice; I had a slice of bread and butter first - cycled to the pub and had TWO LARGE glasses of red wine (I know)...

Another day I had a couple of garlic wraps - nothing in them except butter and a squirt of mayo :eek: but it was evening and I just got so hungry and (excuses, excuses, excuses...)

A few more slices of bread and butter and a few slivvers of edam and suddenly the whole weeks' LTing ruined - sigh!

Anyway, I have resolved to be 100% good for the next 3 weeks and get close to where I want to be! I'm getting loads of positive comments from workmates and acquaintances who want to know my secret and I sometimes think I could stay as I am... but hey, I might as well press on to the big prize :eek: of 12 stone (or less) - cus if I don't do it with this diet I never will.

Last edited:
Hi Elle,

You have confessed, ok thats the hard bit over. I really admire your honesty & through your inspirational posts to us all, get a sense of how passionate you are about losing weight, especially for you to have lasted as long as you have without snapping already.

It has always been an option for everyone on a diet, food its blooming everywhere, but its the easy option, this blip may have been your sub conscious getting you ready to face your fears, ie when your nearing the end of TFR, whatever the reason Elle, your friends on this forum inc me will take heart from what you have written & always be there whether it be through the good.... & bad times.

xxxx

I won't reply to everyone - but i am really honestly touched by all your responses.

I contemplated missing weigh in on saturday. I contemplated lying about my weigh in result on here (!). I contemplated completely ignoring the fact that it had happened at all. But people on here have been so honest in their best wishes for me before all this that this is why i ignored all those negative thoughts.

Facing up to your fears and the bad things in life is hard, but it's so worth it.

Plus, i noticed my BMI is 25.something which is way too close to healthy to give up (i'm not sure it's 100% great this BMI lark, but it's a measurement nonetheless and the best i have to go by that i'm approaching healthy).

Am back in a hotel tonight, one that has evil biscuits - they will be getting crumbled up and flushed down the loo as soon as i set foot in that room!!!!!!

Hey Elle

You have done brilliantly so far.....an amazing achievement and one you should be sooooo proud of!

I know what you mean about wanting to miss weigh in (I've done that when I've cheated on other diets) however, in my opinion its a bit of a slippery slope. I always used to think 'ah well, I've another week to pull it back - one more biscuit wont hurt'

Just go, perhaps dont look or ask your chemist not to tell you, and have a look on your card when you're ready. I doubt it'll be bad anyhow.

Good luck chick and keep up the good work x

Totally agree about the slippery slope skinny - so so true on previous dieting attempts for me!

But I think because I've done so well so far I am happy to admit to pharmacist what's happened. I know I will have put weight on, but hopefully it won't be masses and will only take an extra week to shift :) and what's another week among friends? :)

Can't realy add much to what people have said apart from we are human! the need to eat is strong inbreed and a hard habit to break.. But you have come so far and lost so much ! reading your posts how motivated and comitted you are and have been for so many weeks on LT is very inspiring to us all ..there will always be a trigger to make us eat and some motivation to make us slim finding that balance will be my goal when i re-feed .
but your right when you said only you can kick yourself up the jacksy :D i think a kick a day will keep the choc at bay

good luck with your next WI

debz x

Back