Confessions of a loser...

I also worry about lose skin as well, clothes can hide the skin but they can't hide the bulge.. although I really want to have a 'bikini body' :( I read that people who have them weight loss ops get skin removal surgery for free after, which really angers me and people who have done it all by themselves get told to get on with it! :mad:

Don't feel disapointed in yourself for not being able to fit in exercise, you have a really busy schedule with uni. At least you will be on your feet a lot though and it's not like you are sat at home doing nothing! Perhaps you could try fit in mini exercise sessions when you have a spare 10/15 minutes? xx

Ah Hun, don't get disheartened. At least the food is going well. Don't worry about the exercise as when you do have time you can fit it in. Just focus on your uni work and the food and I'm sure the exercise will come into it when it can. Well done tho on fitted every thing. You are a busy lady.lol.

X

I also worry about lose skin as well, clothes can hide the skin but they can't hide the bulge.. although I really want to have a 'bikini body' :( I read that people who have them weight loss ops get skin removal surgery for free after, which really angers me and people who have done it all by themselves get told to get on with it! :mad:

Don't feel disapointed in yourself for not being able to fit in exercise, you have a really busy schedule with uni. At least you will be on your feet a lot though and it's not like you are sat at home doing nothing! Perhaps you could try fit in mini exercise sessions when you have a spare 10/15 minutes? xx

Yea me too. Im just going to worry about that when I come to it. From what ive read theres no 100% effective way to reduce the skin while exercising. Just look after it (moisturising, drinking water, having a healthy diet and exercising) and hope for the best!

I had gastric band surgery 3 years ago and after loosing 4 stone with it in a few months most of the weight came back on and it hasnt had much effect since. Ive had it tightend a few times but to be honest all it does is makes me eat slower, ive still got a big apetite so i still eat. And at £120 for a band fill I cant afford it any more. The hospital where I had it done (the birkdale clinic) were totally unsupportive and they sold me it thinking id have all the help i needed after surgery, a dietician plan, help when im struggeling etc. but I havnt heard from them in about 2 years and that was me getting in touch with them. So I very much doubt they would offer me surgery for excess skin, they dont even want to help me now! (I thought id tell you about it rither than lying that i havnt had surgery.)

Thats a really good idea. I didnt even think of that. Im going to make myself a 15 minute class tomorow on my zumba game to do on nights when I havnt got the time. Thanks! :rolleyes:

xx

Ah Hun, don't get disheartened. At least the food is going well. Don't worry about the exercise as when you do have time you can fit it in. Just focus on your uni work and the food and I'm sure the exercise will come into it when it can. Well done tho on fitted every thing. You are a busy lady.lol.

X
Thanks hun. I feel a bit better about it today. Ive got a couple of exams coming up so once they are over ill be able to exercise more.
Lol i fit it all in bearly! Im really behind on my work!
xx

Not much to talk about today.. another boring 11 hour shift at work. So I thought id post a little story what my consultant read out this week. Some people may have heard it. I dont really do what the girl does in the story often but I have had a few uncounted syns after weigh in in the past.. so that will be stopping!

Ivy was really disappointed this week having maintained after ‘such a good week’. She couldn’t understand - her food diary was perfect! 10 Syns per day… maximum! Take a closer look at a typical Extra Easy day...
Ivy has her normal breakfast of branflakes, milk and a banana. She tips them into the bowl, and then thinks. ‘I’d better just check the weight of them - I want to get a few pounds off this week!’ She puts them on the scales to find they weigh 1½oz. ‘That’s my Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice,’ she thinks, taking out the excess and unconsciously popping them in her mouth.
As she puts the milk away she spots an open carton of orange juice and decides to have a small glass whilst making a boiled egg for her daughter’s breakfast. When clearing up the dishes, Ivy spies two left over soldiers. ‘I can’t remember the last time I had REAL butter!’ she thinks, and into her mouth they go!
After breakfast it’s a trip into town shopping. Armed with a Hi-fi bar, just in case temptation strikes, she sets off.
In WHSmiths, her daughter gets restless in the buggy and Ivy opens her a packet of crisps to keep her quiet. And she ends up testing a couple herself – just for freshness!
Lunchtime comes and the shopping trip is not done yet - there’s still money left on Ivy’s credit card! And as she knows she’ll be a while she decides to grab something from Marks & Spencer’s healthy Count On Us range as ‘it’s bound to be low on Syns!’
Spoilt for choice, Ivy scans the range. She spots a salmon and cucumber sandwich. ‘That’s a great choice… the bread will be my Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice!’ she thinks. She buys it as a meal deal, along with a diet coke and a packet of salt and vinegar crisps - to eat later.
Later on, Starbucks beckons and Ivy stops for a coffee. ‘No cake for me though!’ she say, savouring the skinny latte she’s treated herself to. ('Well, I didn't have much milk on my cereal this morning', she thinks. 'This can be the rest of my Healthy Extra 'a' choice.'). As she takes the weight off her feet she congratulates herself for not needing the ‘emergency Hi-fi’ while out today.
Back at home after shopping, she makes cakes with her daughter. She resists the fairy cakes when they come out of the oven… but CAN’T resist licking the wooden spoon!
She feeds her daughter early – a chicken nugget and two chips remain on the plate – and they don’t go in the bin!
Dinnertime comes – a nice juicy steak, fresh salad and a filling jacket potato topped with quark. A tablespoon of Hellmann’s Light Mayo goes on the salad – ‘only 2½ Syns’! She says, ‘my first today!’
Her hubby prefers mashed potato with his. She wouldn’t dream of eating that it herself, but she does just taste it to check it contains the right amount of butter and milk!
Dessert for Ivy is a Müllerlight yogurt. Hubby has sponge pudding and custard. ‘It just doesn’t bother me,’ Ivy says, licking the spoon she used to stir the custard!
By 9.30pm Ivy fancies a ‘little something else’. Remembering the crisps she picked up with the meal deal, she checks the Syn value and finds they’re only 7 Syns. ‘Only 9½ Syns today’ she thinks, ‘that’s a perfect day!

So, here's a breakdown of the syns Ivy really had:

extra ½ oz of branflakes 2½ Syns
Orange juice 125ml 2½ Syns
Eggy soldiers 4 Syns
Couple of crisps 1 Syn
Sandwich 19 Syns (6 Syns can be deducted if using bread as Healthy Extra 'b'... but Ivy had already had hers at breakfast!)
Latte 8½ Syns (Grande from Starbucks - her 'a' choice was all used at breakfast!)
Cake mixture 4 Syns
Mayo 7½ Syns (it was a heaped tablespoonnot level!)
Chicken nugget 3 Syns
2 chips 3 Syns
Spoonful of mash 3 Syns
Spoonful of custard 2 Syns
Packet of crisps 7 Syns

67 syns!!

Just to put this into perspective, those 67 Syns are the equivalent of an average portion of Chicken Tikka Masala, Pilau rice, 1 naan bread, a pint of beer and two small vegetable samosas! We’d all know if we ate that!

Todays Menu
Breakfast - Scrambled egg, cheese (HEX A) and ham, an apple
Lunch - Tomato and basil soup, 2 bread (HEX B), small chicken tikka salad with laughing cow on (1 1/2 syns), an orange
Dinner - One pan roast chicken (From SW mag jan/feb) includes lots of roasted veg, some brocolli and roast potatoes. Gravy on top (4 syns)
Total syns: 5 1/2

Wow that's amazing. I don't go to class so I don't hear the stories. But that's so easy to use all those extra sins. I have to admit I find it hard to not pick at kids crisps and things when you open them. And I always lick the spoon when Ive fed them there yogurts/custard. I won't from now on tho after reading that. Thanks.xx

I know. you think coz its only a "little thing" its not counted at syns! But it all adds up x

I feel really good about this week :) Im actually getting really excited about being skinny! Yeah I know thats not going to be for a long time but I just keep thinking about all the amazing things ill be able to wear! I love love love clothes! I really need some new clothes but im in two minds at the minute about it because I wanna keep myself positive that I am actually shrinking and I dont wanna buy the size I am now again (size 26-24) but I really need clothes! So I suppose ill have too TUT!

No zumba fitted in again but I dont care :) Got some uni work done so thats a plus. Trying to limit myself to 6 and a half syns at the most a day this week which I done on my first few weeks and had really good weight losses so fingers crossed it works!

Todays Menu
Breakfast - Berries, sweetner and yogurt
Lunch - Tomato and basil soup and an apple
Dinner - Bacon, chicken, mushroom and onion omlette (cooked in spray oil as wed run out of bloody fry light... 1 syn not bad!) with rice
Snack - Some crab sticks
Todays syns: 1

Was it the tomato soup i mentioned? X

Yea! I had to adapt it a lil as we didnt have passata and that many tomatoes so I drained two tins of tomatos instead and I added a couple of carrots to thicken it up a little to fill me up more. It was lovely. Made a batch thats gunna last me this week and next lol x

Hello!

Excellent idea about even trying to fit just a 10 min walk at lunchtime or something, it all helps!

As for the stretchmarks, I use Palmers Cocoa body butter stuff, I'm not sure how good it is as I've only just started using it but fingers crossed :D

ive heard about palmers before! im going to have to investigate to find something that helps. might try palmers. have you tried bio oil? (i think thats what its called)
x

No diary entry yesterday! *naughty Rachael*

I had the day from hell in work yesterday. Ended up in floods of tears so I just stayed in bed when I got home from work and didnt emerge untill I had to get up for work again this morning!

I had to stand from 8.20 am to 11.45am in a lead apron, had half hour dinner when i finally got to sit down and then I had to stand from 12.30pm untill 4.30pm in a lead apron again! My back and feet were in agony! Its my star week and I had seveer tummy pains! I was absolutly dripping with sweat! I could see sweat dripping from my visor thats how bad it was! I didnt finish untill half an hour after I was meant to and then a lazy cheeky ***** of a nurse was trying to make me stay even later because she didnt want to hand over a patient! And to top it all off I was with an absolute tw!t of a nurse who was supervising me who was so nasty to me the whole day it was unbelievable! She threatend to stab me with a blade at one point because I kept handing it to the surgeon wrong! Oh it was an awful day!

But today was a lot better. I found a lead apron that is 100xs lighter in weight than the one ive been wearing that fits me yayy so no more bad backs! Ive been wearing a big heavy one because its the only one I could find that fitted me! So thanks to my bit of a weight loss i can now wear a lighter one! =D

Sorry about that bit of a moan but I feel so much better for writting it down! lol.

No zumba at all this week. But im not going to beat myself up about it. I just havnt felt up to it at all with all my uni work and Im not feeling 100% at the minute. I will get back on track after tomorrow though. DEFFINATLY!

Todays Menu
Breakfast
- apple and pear
Lunch - tomato and herb mug shot, tomato and basil soup and a muller light
Dinner - gammon, mushrooms and onions, mccanes micro jackets (1 syn) and beans and HEXA cheese
Snack - curly wurly 3 syns
Total syns - 4

Hiya :)

Sorry to hear about your bad day, some people are shits!!! Don't take any notice of that horrible woman, you've worked bloody hard to get where you are and she should be supporting you not putting pressure on you!

Your food diaries sound lovely, think I might visit here during the weeks for inspiration.

Xxx

Oh what a crappy day. Don't worry bout the other person. People are mean to others when they haven't got a happy life and are miserable. So just think your worth more than that.x

ive heard about palmers before! im going to have to investigate to find something that helps. might try palmers. have you tried bio oil? (i think thats what its called)
x

Hi Rachael

I've got some Bio oil but not used it that much as I hate the greasy film it leaves (although I probably haven't rubbed it in enough!), will maybe give it a bash again though.

Take no notice of that horrible person at work. Unfortunately there seems to be at least one of those types of people in every workplace, I'm not sure what sort of kick they get out of upsetting other people :( Hold your head high and ignore them as much as possible!

Hiya :)

Sorry to hear about your bad day, some people are shits!!! Don't take any notice of that horrible woman, you've worked bloody hard to get where you are and she should be supporting you not putting pressure on you!

Your food diaries sound lovely, think I might visit here during the weeks for inspiration.

Xxx

Thanks hun! Shes just a ***** im not taking it personal because id been warned before I met her how horrible she is and how she makes all the students cry =/ shes evil! lol.

Aw thanks! All the food you make sounds yummy!

xx

Thanks for the support girls! The next day I came in to work I swear she was a different person. Asking me "are all your class as good as you?" and telling me how she was telling everybody in the common room how good of a student I am! I was like =O actually gob smacked! lol.

So fingers crossed she may be a bit more nice to me
x

It Thursday.. that can only mean one thing for me.... weigh in!!

I lost..... wait for it......

A WHOLE 5 LBS!!!

Im well made up with it! Cant believe how much ive lost! Its my star week and ive just had a feeling all week that I hadnt lost much BUT I could really feel the difference in my clothes this week! The tshirt I wore today was swinging off me! Maybe ill wait a couple of weeks before I buy the new clothes what I despiratly need =D hopefully ill be shopping for a size less!

I thought my club 10 was 20 st 10lbs so I was chuffed thinking "yay my 2 stone award AND my club 10!" but no... its 20 stone 9... damn that 1 pound! Oh well.. something to look forward to next week! Ive had a couple of small-ish weight losses last week and the week before so I was due a gooden!

Im exactually doubting this whole fitness regieme... its the first week in 3 weeks I have done zumba and i lost 5 lbs! What the hell?! Surely there must be some mad science behind that!

Im now only 1 pound away from my club 10 target and 11 pounds away from my 3 stone lost target for easter! Oh im so excited to get outta the 20s! It will make my year!

Ive changed my "personal details" target to my 8 stone target for the end of the year. I kept on looking at it and thinking "wow ive got a long way to go" because im planning on loosing 11 stone in total (this year and next). So now i can look at my target and think "wow im a quarter of the way through my target ALREADY!" It really helps setting smaller goals!

Todays menu
Breakfast
- (we went to this gorgeous little cafe while we were out and about and had a SW breakfast! The whole of the items for sale in the cafe were labled with SW syns! It was really handy! So I had a whole 1 syn for a "greasy spoon" breakfast!) 2 bacon, sausage, poached egg, beans and tomato
Lunch - none
Dinner - Spagetti bolognaise (made with quorn, schwartz spag bolo recipe (1.5 syns), onions, mushrooms, tinned toms and a bit too much lazy garlic) curly wurly (3 syns)
Supper - 2 brown bread (HEX B) with chives philli (HEX A) and curly wurly (3 syns)
Total syns: 8 1/2

Well done on your loss! :) It's the best feeling ever when you can feel the difference in what you are wearing, my jeans are now falling off me and I have had to make extra holes in my belt, it doesn't seem that long ago since I couldn't tighten my belt more than the first hole in it. Keep up the good work chick! xx

Back