Confessions of a Yo-Yo Dieter......

MrsG5

What a brilliant idea! Keep an online diary instead of bits of tea stained paper all over the house!

I know that I am going to struggle this time as I am really not active enough due to my Fibromyalgia but I need to concentrate on my diet as part of my whole well-being. I am not classing this change in my diet as a 'Diet' but as eating more healthily. I was the heaviest I have ever been when I weighed in 2 weeks ago at 20 stones and have lost 5.5lbs up until today.

I need to keep a Food Diary as I am apt to cheat myself plus I have a terrible memory and have already forgotten what I had to eat on Monday morning, I would also like to use this space to record recipes as an easy reference for me.

Extra Easy Plan reference: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...orld-works-advice-newbies-updated-2014-a.html

Monday 2nd February - 2 weeks no cider or bread! Replaced pop etc with sparkling water

Dinner Chicken dinner with gravy (6 syns)
Snack: Fruit salad and natural yoghurt, Light Alpen bar (1/2 HEB)

Tuesday 3rd February

Breakfast: Cornflakes, fruit salad and natural yoghurt (HEB) cup of tea with milk from HEA & 2 sugars (2 syns)
Lunch: Mushroom and pea omelette with salad and baked potato (1 tsp light olive spread 1 syn)
Dinner: Pork and vegetable stir fry with straight-to-wok noodles (1 tsp sesame oil 2 syns)
Snack: Options hot chocolate (2 syns) made with milk from HEA, Shape yoghurt
Total Syns:7

Wednesday 4th February

Breakfast: Cornflakes, fruit salad and natural yoghurt (HEB) cup of tea with milk from HEA & 2 sugars (2 syns)
Lunch: 3 slices tongue, 2 boiled eggs, salad and baked potato (1 tsp light olive spread 1 syn) & fruit salad
Dinner: Lean beef stew with carrots and potatoes, fruit salad & natural yoghurt.
Snack:Light Alpen Bar (3 syns)
Total Syns:6

Thursday 5th February

Breakfast:Bran flakes, fruit salad and natural yoghurt (HEB) cup of coffee with coffee mate (1.5) & 2 sugars (2 syns)
Lunch: Left over thick beef stew, fresh fruit salad.
Dinner: Spicy Thai style pork mince and veggies with boiled basmati rice
Snack: cup of coffee with coffee mate (1.5) & 2 sugars (2 syns), fruit salad
Total Syns: 7

Friday 6th February - I stopped having sugar in hot drinks today!

Breakfast:mushroom, ham, potato & 2 egg omelette, fruit salad and LF natural yoghurt, cup of tea with milk from HEA & 0 sugars (0 syns)
Lunch: Left over spicy Thai style pork mince and veggies with boiled basmati rice and side salad with fat free dressing
Dinner: Chicken burger and fries (approx 30), 2 glasses wine (13) :( oops
Snack: Oops forgot about the no sugar thing! - cup of coffee with coffee mate (1.5) & 2 sugars (2 syns)
Total Syns:too many at 46.5

Saturday 7th February - Friends round tonight

Breakfast: ham and mushroom omelette with tomatoes and beans
Lunch: Haddock and carrot curry with 1/2 rice, 1/2 SW chips
Dinner: cheese (HEA) and 4 water biscuits (3 syns), pickled onions, ham, picked eggs and plum tomatoes
Snack: 2 glasses wine (13)
Total Syns: 16

Sunday 8th February - Visiting friends all day

Breakfast:Bran flakes, fruit salad and natural yoghurt (HEB) cup of tea with sweeteners and milk from (HEA)
Lunch: Lamb Sunday lunch with medium Yorkshire pudding (4) and gravy (2)
Dinner: Chicken Tikka, salad and naan bread (approx 20)
Snack: (Lots) White wine (approx 56)
Total Syns: 82 Well over for this week poop!! :(

Max syns allowed this week = 105
Syns used this week = 164.5
Weight loss/gain = -1.5

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to the forum! You need the right thing to come here - thsi is truly a wonderful place;-) And not only because you can write here your food diary, but also because you van find here friends, motivation, help and support;-)) I wish you best of luck!

Spicy Thai Style Pork Mince and Vegetables
(Serve with boiled rice or noodles)

450g 5% fat (or less) Pork Mince
4 medium cloves of garlic crushed
Dried red chillies (to taste)
2 tablespoons Nam Pla (Thai fish sauce or Worcestershire Sauce)
2 tablespoons (I prefer dark) soy sauce
Vegetables such as:
julienne carrots
green beans
mushrooms
onion
stir-fry mixed veggies
mixed Asian veg
beansprouts
Fresh chopped chillies (to taste)
Small bunch coriander leaves chopped
1 egg per person
fry-light

On a med-high heat, dry fry the pork mince in a Wok and add the garlic, dried chillies and onions if using; until the meat is browned then add the fish sauce and soy sauce. Add the hard vegetables such as carrots and green beans and cook through for 5 minutes, then add the softer veg such as mushrooms and beansprouts and cook through for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and let simmer, stirring regularly whilst cooking one egg omelettes or a runny fried egg for each person in a non-stick pan using fry-light.

Serve on a bed of boiled rice or any type of noodles and top with the egg, chopped coriander and fresh chopped chillies (to taste).

Variations:
I sometimes like to add Maggi sauce seasoning, Splenda sweetener, light soy sauce instead of dark or add fresh chopped basil or coriander to the mixture during the last couple of minutes to change up the flavour occasionally.
I also like to cook the meat, garlic and chillies the night before and let it marinate in the fish and soy sauces overnight before adding the veggies for a richer flavour.

Last edited:
Thick Beef Stew
(serve with super speed vegetables)

450g lean Stewing beef all visible fat removed
1 large onion finely chopped
6 large carrots peeled and sliced thickly
3 large parsnips peeled and sliced thickly
5 large peeled potatoes cut into medium sized cubes
2 beef stock cubes
salt and pepper to taste.

Make up the stock cubes according to instructions then add to a large pan (with plenty of room) with the meat and onions. Bring to the boil then simmer on a low heat with the lid on tight. Meanwhile put about 1/4 of the carrots, potatoes and parsnips in a separate saucepan with water and bring to the boil then simmer both pans for 20 minutes. Add the carrots to the meat and onions and continue to simmer with the lid on and season, drain and mash the pan of vegetables together to put to one side.
*At this point I usually leave the lot overnight with the lids tightly on the pans.

If not leaving overnight simmer the meat and carrots (adding more water if getting too thick) until the meat is really tender (or transfer to a casserole or slow cooker). Bring back to the boil and add the parsnips and potatoes, with the lid on simmer on a medium-low heat until the potatoes and parsnips are cooked through. Stir through the mashed vegetables and season to taste. Heat through and add more water if needed, serve poured over the top of cauliflower and broccoli etc.

Last edited:
Easy Beef Ragu and Chilli Con Carne
(Serve with boiled rice, potato wedges, sweet potato wedges, baked potato, side salad or pasta)

450g 5% fat (or less) Beef steak Mince
4 medium cloves of garlic crushed
2 tins tomatoes, chopped
Carton of passatta
1/2 tube Tomato puree
200ml vinegar
2 medium brown onions chopped
2 beef stock cubes made up with hot water
salt and pepper
*Maggi soup seasoning or Worcestershire sauce (few drops)

Super speed Vegetables such as:
carrots, sliced
Butternut squash, cubed
green beans, chopped into bite-size pieces
mushrooms, sliced

Put all the ingredients (except veggies) into a large pan and simmer until cooked through and starting to thicken. Add the Super speed veg and put half the mixture into another large pan. I usually put lids on the pans and leave overnight at this point.

1. Ragu

Add mixed herbs such as basil, oregano etc and season to taste, cook veggies through. Serve with pasta.
I also use this to make low syn cannelloni, lasagne and pasta bake

2. Chilli Con Carne

Add kidney beans and baked beans (any beans really), 1 tablespoon ground cumin, 1 tablespoon ground coriander, 1 tablespoon ground paprika (or smoked) and chilli powder/dried red chillies/fresh chillies to taste and season. Cook veggies through and serve with boiled rice or wedges, sprinkle fresh coriander and chopped chillies over if liked.
I also use this mixture to make low syn burritos or to top homemade beef burgers and jacket potatoes.

Monday 9th February - 3 weeks no cider or bread!

Breakfast: Cornflakes, fruit salad and natural yoghurt (HEB) cup of 3 in 1 coffee (3.5)
Lunch: chicken tikka and salad
Dinner Pork loin steak, poached eggs, baked beans and mushrooms with syn free chips
Snack: Options hot chocolate made with water and milk (HEA)
Total Syns: 3.5

Tuesday 10th February

Breakfast: Branflakes, fruit salad and natural yoghurt (HEB) cup of 3 in 1 coffee (3.5)
Lunch: 2 poached eggs, syn free chips and peas. Apple, raw veggies.
Dinner: Spicy Pork mince and vegetable stir fry with boiled rice
Snack: Piece of Toblerone (6.5)
Total Syns: 10

Wednesday 11th February

Breakfast: 2 egg mushroom and pea omelette with noodles
Lunch: 3 slices tongue, 2 boiled eggs, salad ( 1 tablespoon mayonnaise 5) and baked potato (1 tsp light olive spread 1 syn) & fruit salad
Dinner: Chicken and veg curry with rice and chips (1\2 tblspn olive oil HEA)
Snack: Alpen light bar HEA
Total Syns: 6 syns

Thursday 12th February

Breakfast: OMELETTE, Branflakes, fruit salad and natural yoghurt (HEB) cup of 3 in 1 coffee (3.5)
Lunch: Chicken and veg curry with rice and chips (1\2 tblspn olive oil HEA) 2 boiled eggs
Dinner: chicken, mushroom and ham 'pizza' LF Mozzarella 1\2 HEA, baked potato 1 TSP LF olive spread 1 syn and side salad with fat free dressing.
Snack: fruit salad and natural yoghurt
Total Syns: 4.5

Friday 13th February - meet friends in the pub

Breakfast: mushrooms, peas, eggs, noodles
Lunch: baked potato with red fat cheese HEA and salad
Dinner: wine 40 (note to self join AA)
Snack: sugar free jelly, fruit and yoghurt (1)
Total Syns:41

Saturday 14th February

Breakfast: omelette with stir fried mushrooms and bacon, beans and tomatoes. 2 toast HEB with lf olive spread (2) and tea with HEA milk
Lunch: pork loin and veg stir fry with boiled rice
Dinner:
Snack:
Total Syns:

Sunday 15th February - Visiting family

Breakfast:
Lunch:
Dinner:
Snack:
Total Syns:

Max syns allowed this week = 105
Syns used this week =
Weight loss/gain =

Last edited:
Hi mrsg5...here to subscribe...i am in awe at how organised you are!!! Have been looking at your recipes, they look delish!!! Good luck from a (at the moment) very determined (but nowhere near as organised) fellow slimming worldler!

Hi strawberry shortcake, hello and welcome and thank you I am trying to be organised so I can't 'forget' to write it down lol. Please feel free to copy/use anything in here and try the recipes because they are yummy. Good luck to you too, happy slimming xxx

chicken 'pizza'

4 chicken breasts, butterflied
100g half fat mozzarella
1\4 tube_ish Tomato puree
Mixed fresh or dry herbs
2 large cloves garlic crushed
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 180. Mix together the puree, garlic and herbs. Put chicken flat on a baking tray and season. Put a quarter of the tomato mixture on each and top with sliced mozzarella. Add any other toppings and bake in the top of the oven for 15-30 mins depending on the thickness of the chicken.

I topped mine with sauteed mushrooms, ham and jalapeños but any free pizza toppings are yummy. I served it with a baked potato and side salad with fat free dressing.

Back