confused about LLL and RTM

daisydoll

Gold Member
hi there
can someone explain please....

can you go onto LLL instead of RTM?

a couple of things posted have made me think some people are doing /thinking of doing this when they get near to target instead of going down the RTM route.

what would be the advantage/disadvantage of doing this?

(btw, i'm not actually thinking of doing this- going the traditional route all the way!)
daisy x

There's no reason per sé as to why you couldn't do it, after all you can stop LL anytime you like and join LLL if you wanted!

But LLL isn't going to give you the benefits that RTM will give you, RTM is designed to give you gradual re-introduction to food and change your mentality to a healthy attitude to food, whereas LLL is really just for people who want to lose a little weight and don't have the eating issues that those of us who had more than 3 stone to lose have/had.

I think you still do RTM on LLL anyway but a shortened (8 week) version?

Actually the LLL RTM is only 4 weeks and is only really designed to bring the metabolism back up at a decent rate, not teach you a great deal about better eating practices (according to the LLL official website!)

You have a different RTM after LLL - it lasts 4 weeks as far as I know, but if you have been on the main LL program for quite some time, I strongly suggest doing the 12 week reintroduction to food. It is essential to gouge your reactions to different food groups on an individual basis.
However, doing LLL after LL simply as a food buffer is a good idea in my opinion... It's definitely teaching me a lot about portion sizes that I didn't learn very well in 12 week RTM!

Back