Confused and unhappy...

Totally agree.

I know about the 1-2lb a week thing but I think because I'd had such a big loss the first week and I'd been SO good the 2nd I got very disillusioned when it was "only" and pound. But I think I've come back down to earth (and reality), put my sensible head back on and acknowledge that slow is best.

I love how simple SW makes it for me, it kinda takes the brain work out of it cos someone has figured it all out for you... all you need to do is follow the rules and you will lose weight!

And to be fair... if I can have a chocolate bar AND still lose weight so much the better! :)

Haha - well said - bring on the chocolate! Just one thing, when you say you were "so good" and lost a pound, this is what I mean about the soceity lying to you thinking that being good means not eating a lot. Being good, on SW atleast, in following the plan - filling up on free food - have 2-4 HEx's and having 15 syns per day (unless your consultant has told you otherwise)

Anyway you sound really motivated and ready to kick a*s, so good luck to ya hun! :D

Natt xxx

"Forget everything you have learnt about losing weight. Society has been feeding you misinformation all your life, possibly causing you to make unhealthy choices for years. Trust the plan and you will be rewarded."

Firstly, the ideal, healthy weight loss range is 1-2lbs per week - which amounts to nearly 4-8 STONE a year! You didn't go to sleep the ideal weight for your height and wake up overweight, so it wont come off overnight either, you will have to work at losing weight, but it'll be worth it :)

best peice of advice i've heard in ages, very well said natt

Well done janey!! :D

The thing you need to get your head around with SW is that it's not really a 'diet' in the way that diets are usually perceived. Yes, ok it's a way of reducing your calories and helping you lose weight ergo it's a diet, but it's vastly different in that it lets you eat things you previously would have denied yourself on most other diets. And that is ultimately why they didn't work and you gave up on them! But here's the key - you enjoy those things that previously would have 'broken your diet' in moderation. That's what syns let you do.

Most of us here think of SW as a way of eating for life, that's sustainable in the long term. The answer to why you lost 1lb in your 2nd week is right there. Not enough syns. That equals not enough calories in your body and the body basically goes *panic! No cals! Better hang on to the fat I've got!!!* And it does. How does SW do it: let you eat the more 'naughty' stuff and still lose? It's all down to calorie density. Filling up on superfree and free foods, which are all relatively low cals but much more filling, allows a bit more room for the stuff you should have in moderation, if you see what I mean?!

Also...don't get upset over a lb! I am delighted if I lose 1. It's the weight of a kitten!! ;) You had a great loss in the first week and it's probably your body balancing out. You can't expect to lose like that every week...it's not realistic or healthy. 1-2lbs a week is a safe, healthy and fabulous rate to be losing at.

When you've dieted for years (like loads of us here) it's hard to change your attitude towards food. But SW really helps you do that. You'll learn, over time, to allow yourself a range of foods without the guilt and you'll come to love SW like most of us absolutely do!!

**Edited to add: I should have read page 2 of the thread before I posted my reply! Natt said everything that I wanted to say, with bells on.**

Last edited:
Back