confused, need a bit of help!

Tanya c

Hi all,

I joined sw for the 2nd time about a month ago and am really determined to do it this time. However, it's going pretty slow! I've lost 3lb in 4 weeks!

Truth be told, I have been going over my 105 syns by about 20 so I guess it's expected.

I stayed the same week before last and had a chat with my leader and she said I should have about 70 syns. Well i managed to have 75 last week and felt really proud as I normally go over 105!
I had my weigh in and only lost a pound but this is a week before my period.

Sorry to go on but I was quite disappointed that I tried so hard and only lost a pound. Anway this week I've been a bit naughty and had 63 syns already and it's only sat and my weigh day is Thurs. Do u think I will still lose even if I have my full 105 syns?

Any help appreciated xxx

I would have thought so. I think your loss would be better if you had less syns, but if you needs to use them then use them other wise you may just have a massive binge aND USE TWICE AS MANY! (sossry caps!)

I wouldn't go over the 105 though! Maybe you should try to reduce the number you have gradually, so you get used to not having them and don't feel deprived.

HTH x

Hi, normally it's takeaways or non sw food

Hi, normally it's takeaways or non sw food

We cut out all takeaways when we started. Decided if we were serious about losing weight they would have to be the first thing to go. Haven't regretted it and saving a fortune!

I would try filling yourself up more at meal times with free foods, to discourage you from going over on your syns.

The syns are there to stop us feeling deprived on some things which are not free foods. However Slimming Worlds main focus is the free foods and these are what you should be eating first, before thinking about syns.

If you are going over your syns often, then your weight loss unfortunatley will be slow or even non existant.

Do you meal plan?

I would highly recommend sitting down each week and writing out your meals for the week, this way you know exactly what you are having as soon as you enter into the kitchen and can prepare it quickly without being tempted to reach for something naughty. Also make extra of the meals, and store it in tubs in the fridge or freezer, that way if you do find yourself hungry, you have a free meal that is easily accessible to fill you up.

I hope that helps.

Thanks that does help x

Ditto what he said! ^^^^^ We have only had one take away since I started, and even then I was good and only had a chicken kebab, no bread and just salad and used my own extra light mayo... but ti was still synned because of the oil.

I think TA's can be one of the worst things because you never actually be sure what's in it fat wise and they rarely measure anything properly, all done by eye and over estimated! You'll be evry hard pushed to find something low syns on a TA menu! Knock'em on the head and you'll soon notice the difference!

I would really try and have your syns on a daily basis only and if you have a special celebration coming up have a flexi syn meal. that way you are in control and embracing the new eating pattern rather than having the syns to fit in with your old way of eating . . Just a thought xx

I agree with Brigtenrosie too.

Limit yourself to your 15 syns a day, instead of looking at them as a weekly syn allowance, you are setting yourself up to go over otherwise.

At least then, when your 15 syns are gone in a day, you will be more inclined to stick to the plan, whereas if you were to use all your weekly syns in one day, you are going to struggle the rest of the week.

Do you like cooking? What's your favourite takeaway meal? How about experimenting with some low Syn recipes - there are hundreds of them out there. Who knows - you might even find you get to prefer the taste of your own 'takeaway'. :)

You can never be too sure on the syn values of takeaways as unlike branded foods each is cooked differently , I would use your syns daily ,less temptation to binge one day and make up for it another 63 syns since Thursday is 21 per day ,you should be aiming for 15 ,the syns are the synergy of what makes slimming world food work together,so you need to eat them daily,especially when starting out.
TBH you need to lay off the takeaways unless it's a special occassion :)

Get yourself a Takeaway Pennies Jar, every time you cook the SW way instead of getting a TA put the amount of money spent in the jar (Or transfer the money from your current account to your savings account), that way as you lose LBS you are gaining £'s!!!

Then after you've lost (you choose your target) take your old man out for a meal wearing a new dress knowing you look better!

Back