Confused - need some help please

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Gembear, 29 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Gembear

Gembear Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.35%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Newbie here :sigh:

I'm trying to work out my weekly menu and very confused.

I am taking a recipe for carbonara from SW online that says on green it has 3 syns on green.
    But looking at the ingredients I don't understand where the syns are coming from.

Can someone help?
    4 rashers bacon, all visible fat removed (or Quorn bacon-style pieces - see tip)
    3 eggs
    salt and freshly ground black pepper
    3 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
    2 level tbsp grated parmesan cheese
    small bunch of chives
    397g/14oz boiled spaghetti

To me I would have bacon as my healthy extra B option, eggs are free, yoghurt is free, parmesan as my A choice, chives are free and spaghetti free.

Am I being dim? If I was making this from scratch withouth the recipe just throwing things in a pot I wouldn't syn any of it as according to me working it out it shouldn't have a syn value. It is that the amount of bacon is more than you're allowed in your healthy extra?

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    I think the recipe is assuming you don't want to use your HEs for the parmesan and bacon. If you use your HEA abd B for the parmesan and bacon then it would be syn free.

4. Gembear

Gembear Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.35%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks - that makes more sense and yay means I don't use syns for it :D x

5. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    What honeyoc said. You have to measure HEXes, so for bacon you'd get 85g as a HEXB, for Parmesan you'd get 28g as a HEXA.

These amounts dont correspond to the relevant amounts in the recipe and I dont know how many the recipe serves. It is a waste of a HEX if you spend all if it on eg 2 tbsp of grated Parmesan which would only be 3 syns (or half a HEX), and even then thats if the whole recipe only served one person.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.