Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Confused - need some help please

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Gembear, 29 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Gembear

Gembear Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.35%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Newbie here :sigh:

I'm trying to work out my weekly menu and very confused.

I am taking a recipe for carbonara from SW online that says on green it has 3 syns on green.
    But looking at the ingredients I don't understand where the syns are coming from.

Can someone help?
    4 rashers bacon, all visible fat removed (or Quorn bacon-style pieces - see tip)
    3 eggs
    salt and freshly ground black pepper
    3 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
    2 level tbsp grated parmesan cheese
    small bunch of chives
    397g/14oz boiled spaghetti

To me I would have bacon as my healthy extra B option, eggs are free, yoghurt is free, parmesan as my A choice, chives are free and spaghetti free.

Am I being dim? If I was making this from scratch withouth the recipe just throwing things in a pot I wouldn't syn any of it as according to me working it out it shouldn't have a syn value. It is that the amount of bacon is more than you're allowed in your healthy extra?

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    I think the recipe is assuming you don't want to use your HEs for the parmesan and bacon. If you use your HEA abd B for the parmesan and bacon then it would be syn free.

4. Gembear

Gembear Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.35%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks - that makes more sense and yay means I don't use syns for it :D x

5. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    What honeyoc said. You have to measure HEXes, so for bacon you'd get 85g as a HEXB, for Parmesan you'd get 28g as a HEXA.

These amounts dont correspond to the relevant amounts in the recipe and I dont know how many the recipe serves. It is a waste of a HEX if you spend all if it on eg 2 tbsp of grated Parmesan which would only be 3 syns (or half a HEX), and even then thats if the whole recipe only served one person.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.