Confused

Greeneyes11

Gold Member
I have only been doing slimming world for 3 weeks, the first week I lost 2lb which was brilliant as it was my TOTM, then last week I lost 4lb, ate nearly my full allowance of syns every day etc and this week (I am a daily weigher and know that weight fluctuates up and down) so far I have put on 3.5lb. I am doing nothing different to what I have been doing the past 2 weeks, I have kept my syns below the daily 15 allowed, probably around 10 or less a day and am not stuffing myself until I am bursting which I was before and am putting weight on, consistently, not up one day down the next, just continually up and it is really getting me down... am thinking of giving up I must admit. I have stuck to it 100% and dont understand. I have been doing EE since I started. Can anyone shed any light on this.

Is it * week hun - could it be down to water retention?? xxx

Just re-read your thread - if 3 weeks ago was your TOTM then maybe you retain water the week before? I can def see a pattern every 4 weeks with my weight losses! Just a thought... xx

No, I do retain water the week before, this is only week 2 so have 2 more weeks to go until water retention week.... so not that unfortunately.

Ummmm OK, I don't do EE so I'm not best to offer advice but some far more knowledgable peeps will be along shortly... I know they'll ask if you keep a food diary for them to have a peek at...? xxx

Make sure you are getting enough fibre in your diet and going to the toilet as I notice this really makes a difference. Also just try new HEB's for a week and see if this makes any difference.

Stop weighing yourself in between Hun!
If you do the plan at home on your own, try to resist weighing just once a week. If you go to class, get rid of the scales you have at home, or hide them!
I find that I bloat with EE, but I do it 3 times a week instead of Green Days...the rest are Red. This helps me, maybe you should vary your days. Have a look at the other Food diaries on here for some ideas too and remember to drink plenty of water to flush through.

Good luck.

xxxx

You answered your own question - your weight fluctuates from day to day and across the course of a day by anything up to half a stone. And if you were to weigh inon 10 different sets of scales then you would likely see 10 different readings as all scales are not calibrated the same. Stick to your official weigh-in and ditch your scales because they are only messing with your head. i would say that it is too early to think about changing plans so go to your WI, see what the scales say and take it from there.

Back