confused..

xxchristiexx

Team Reem
seen recipe of sw website for cheesy chips with bacon and salsa, its says its free on original and green and 3 on ee, how can this be when everythin thats free on orginal and green is free on ee??x

Sorry hun, i dont understand that either. Do you think it coul be a misprint maybe. Potatoes free, Cheese (hexa), bacon free and im assuming that the salsa will be just veggies? xx

The only thing I can imagine is if they include the cheese as part of the HE on green / red days, but for some reason syn it on EE ...

do you have a link to the recipe so I could check for you?

I suggest that it is mis typed anyway - chips (potatoes) and bacon aren't free on red and GREEN UNLESS IT IS USING b CHOICES ALL OVER THE PLACE - SOUNDS WRONG TO ME HUN XX

oops - sorry for yelling :eek:

Hmm I had a look too, maybe a typo or because the salsa isn't 1/3 of the meal they've synned some of the chips of bacon perhaps? I have no idea!

Youl find that if it its a combination that involves food that would make it free on EE, one of the foods can be used as a healthy extra when made on green or red. For example, if on a red day, if the salsa is homemade and the cheese is a HEA, and the chips are weighed potatoe for a healthy extra b, it would indeed me 'syn free', or the same but for the bacon being used as a HEB on a green day.

hope that helps, x

As found:

"It can be Free on either Green or Original days if you count either the potatoes or bacon as a Healthy Extra, and use reduced fat cheddar as a Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice”.

Our serving suggestion is to enjoy it with a Friday night film!

Karen’s delicious recipe wins her a Curry Feast book. For your chance to win, send us your recipe!

Serves: 2
Syns per serving:
Free on Green and Original. Add 6 Syns if not using cheese as a Healthy Extra choice.
3 Syns on Extra Easy

14oz/396g new potatoes, skin on and sliced (or as many as you like on a Green day)
Fry Light
6oz/170g lean bacon, finely chopped (or unlimited on an Original day)
1½ medium red onions, finely chopped
a few finely sliced mushrooms and peppers
1½oz/42g reduced fat cheddar, grated

For the salsa
½ medium red onion, chopped
a big handful of cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp jalapeno peppers
small carton of passata
artificial sweetener to taste

So - I reckon -

Green - free + 1 B choice (bacon) and 1/2 A choice cheese (or 3 syns)
Red - free +1B choice (pots) and 1/2 A choice cheese (or 3 syns)
EE - free + 1/2 A choice cheese (or 3 syns)

Serves: 2
Syns per serving:
Free on Green and Original. Add 6 Syns if not using cheese as a Healthy Extra choice.
3 Syns on Extra Easy

QUOTED FROM SITE. XX

Back