Confused

Woxywoo

Please help me :cry:

I have just started slimming world and have a quick question for all you lovely people.

I know that following extra easy you have to have 1/3 superfree foods but what if I'm having a green lunch? My breakfast was weetabix and my evening meal will be an extra easy one so does that mean I have to have an extra easy lunch too with the 1/3 sf or can I just have a green meal (jacket potato and beans) I'm a bit confused lol.

Thank you

Hello.

You need to have a third superfree with every extra easy meal - I think that is why it works, as although you're mixing carbs and protein, you're filling up on superfree so you don't eat as much of it. Or at least that's what I think anyway!

You could have a side salad with your beans and JP or if not have a couple of pieces of fruit for afters...that would still count.

Although (don't tell anyone!) there has been a few occassions when I haven't quite had my superfree and still lost - I guess you just don't make it a habit

xx

Thanks kirstabubble, I'm still confused though!

Because my jacket spud and beans isn't a mix of protein and carbs, do I still need the superfree bit with it? As tea will be protein, carbs and superfree.

xxx

my consultant says (i stopped going 3 weeks ago) that you can do the 1/3 over the whole day... which is what i do

You need to pick a plan and follow it for the full day - so your day will either be fully green, fully red or fully extra easy.

I think there was a plan where you could choose between red/green during your day, but it's not a current one and I don't know the details.

Hope this helps! It can feel confusing at first learning how SW works, but it'll soon feel like second nature :)

You need to decide what day you are having, you can't split the plans within a day. So far you have had a perfect green day so if you have a green meal tonight all will be good. If you are going to have and extra easy meal tonight then you need to get your 1/3 superfree with all your meals. You could do this today by having some fruit and a salad with your spud. This is why it is important to plan for SW. You need to decide what day you are having so you don't go wrong.

Hope this helps.

Thanks kirstabubble, I'm still confused though!

Because my jacket spud and beans isn't a mix of protein and carbs, do I still need the superfree bit with it? As tea will be protein, carbs and superfree.

xxx

Baked beans are full of protein although they do have a crab content with the sugar in the sauce and starch in the beans.

Ahhhh I get it now!! I'll go and have some fruit after my lunch to make sure I get the super free food in with it.

Thank you for replying everyone!

xxx

Or my c told me to have a load of fruit before my meal on ee (I'm not good with veg) and this fills you up before you have your meal. So I usually have loads of melon and kiwi just before my meal. It worked last week anyway.Hope this helps

You need to decide what day you are having, you can't split the plans within a day.

You need to pick a plan and follow it for the full day - so your day will either be fully green, fully red or fully extra easy.

Sorry but this is not right - Just because you are doing EE does not mean that you have to have both carbs and protein with every meal. It is perfectly okay to have a meal that is only green free foods or red free foods as long as you have the third superfree. So beans and baked potato for lunch on EE is fine - as long as you have your superfree too.

ronniejacobs said:
my consultant says (i stopped going 3 weeks ago) that you can do the 1/3 over the whole day... which is what i do

Funny - mine sauid the exact opposite at my last group!! Very frustrating!
She says The 1/3 rd superfree is about portion control, which is why it can't be 1/3rd over the day - it has to be 1/3 rd on your plate.
With regards to the beans & jacket question, i've nicked shrimpy's idea of 'exciting' beans - adding veg to them - like peppers, onions & tomatoes.

Funny - mine sauid the exact opposite at my last group!! Very frustrating!
She says The 1/3 rd superfree is about portion control, which is why it can't be 1/3rd over the day - it has to be 1/3 rd on your plate.
With regards to the beans & jacket question, i've nicked shrimpy's idea of 'exciting' beans - adding veg to them - like peppers, onions & tomatoes.
I totally agree with kingleds , the reason EE works is you eat less of the protein and carb as you are eating 1/3 superfree , so it needs to be either before or WITH your meal , not fruit afterwards . Consultants all have different opinions on this but I am sure the official SW people would tell you that it has ot be before or during

Sorry but this is not right - Just because you are doing EE does not mean that you have to have both carbs and protein with every meal. It is perfectly okay to have a meal that is only green free foods or red free foods as long as you have the third superfree. So beans and baked potato for lunch on EE is fine - as long as you have your superfree too.

No, I think you're misunderstanding me - I didn't say anything about an extra easy meal having to contain both red and green foods. I said that if you're having an extra easy day then you have to have extra easy meals (ie. any free foods from the ee list you fancy, along with the 1/3rd superfree), and if you're on a red day then all your meals have to be red. You pick a plan and then follow it for the day, rather than having, say, two red meals and one green.

Okay, sorry for the misunderstanding but even then its not strictly true because it is possible to switch from one plan to another during the day as long as you adjust your HEs/syns accordingly.

You could have a green breakfast of, say, quorn sausages and beans and then decide to change to red later in the day just by taking the beans as one of your HEBs and/or syns

Gotta love the flexibility of SW :)

Back