Confused :(

JujuBerrrry

Silver Member
Hello :)
I've been reading other forums and apparently only having 400 calories is really really bad for you and that i shouldnt be doing it? Also once you come off this you'll pile all the weight back on when you eat and that everything you lose will just turn into loose skin.
I'm quite young and I have quite a bit to lose. I plan on maintaining once i come off lipotrim. I just don't want this to be true.
I've lost 11lbs so far and i have my 2nd weigh in tomorrow.
It's a silly question but if i did stick with lipotrim would you be able to tell if i've lost 6 stone?! I don't feel like it's going to make a difference to how i look :(?!

From what i can see.... if you re-feed correctly you shouldn't pile the weight back on... x

and yes you will notice 6 stones gone it will make a huge difference, i found that people started to notice after a stone and a half and no it doesn't just turn into loose skin x

Thank you very much :)
I'm just scared that if i lose it all it'll turn into loose skin. I think lipotrim is great. I just want to see a change so bad.
You're both doing really well, it's inspiring xx
ElectricLilac - You look Fantastic!

Stick at it hon, the results are fantastic and yes you do keep the weight off after lipotrim, as long as you eat sensibly.

Obviously if you go back to eating the foods that caused the weight gain in the first place, then you will gain the weight back.

Well done on your loss up to now, keep it up and good luck.

ElectricLilac - You look Fantastic!

Why thank you, that is very kind. I am only half way but have dropped from a size 24 to a size 16 unless you are some kind of medical marval you will see the difference as well, of course you will, don't worry. i must also make clear i have no baggy skin let alone 4 stone of it x

lilac - I'm also a 22/24.
I hope I do as well as you, you really do look great :D!!
That's a good thing, i'm not too bothered about a little skin, it just annoyed me because my very slim friend told me i'd be wasting my time anyway, it's gonna turn into loose skin. I don't know why shes so against it ..hmmm.

Kered - That's very sweet of you, thank you. I'm making sure i stick at it :) x

It's great coming on here, you're all very supportive and helpful thank you <3 xx

dont let your friend sabotage you, she is probably a bit scared that you will end up thinner and prettier than her ...

Lilic is right Hun. People don't like change and she may be feeling a little worried about how this diet may change u. Also maybe tactfully telling your friend comments like that are hurtful and do not help may be a good idea xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello :)
I've been reading other forums and apparently only having 400 calories is really really bad for you and that i shouldnt be doing it? Also once you come off this you'll pile all the weight back on when you eat and that everything you lose will just turn into loose skin.
I'm quite young and I have quite a bit to lose. I plan on maintaining once i come off lipotrim. I just don't want this to be true.
I've lost 11lbs so far and i have my 2nd weigh in tomorrow.
It's a silly question but if i did stick with lipotrim would you be able to tell if i've lost 6 stone?! I don't feel like it's going to make a difference to how i look :(?!

Youve probably read that on forums which are either anti vlcd or just totally ignorant about how they work

Its not how you lose weight that determines if it stays off its what you do once youve lost it. There are just as many people on WW/SW forums who are restarting as there are on vlcds

DONT let scaremongerers put you off. Its a safe and healthy way to lose weight

Thanks everyone :-D!
Your support really helps, I will be sticking to lipotrim.
Good luck to you all <3 xx

Hi Juju! I've lost six stone and the only place I have got a few wrinkles now is on my tummy but then I'm old (51)! I doubt you will have any problems at your age but just don't let your skin get dehydrated - have lots of water and moisturise. I use Bio Oil on my face and Aveena lotion everywhere else cos my sister-in-law's friend used it and didn't have any stretch marks, loose or wrinkled skin after losing 10st with LIghterLife.

As for putting it on again afterwards, that's in your own hands. I lost 7 and a half stone with WW over 2 years but managed to put it all back on in 10 months cos my eating went completely out of control with a family bereavement, etc. One of the benefits of sticking to LT is having a break from food, balancing your blood sugar and changing your taste buds. A bigger bonus for me in having to lose 8 stone is that I've had lots of time to plan my maintenance diet and read lots of great motivational books. I can't wait to start eating again and I'm ready to keep it off this time. Bring it on! Good luck, hun x

I've had lots of time to plan my maintenance diet and read lots of great motivational books. x

Hi Jessie888

Blimey you have done so well ! Such an inspiration. Can i ask what books you have found to be useful ?? I have just bought The Optimum nutrition bible as a starter but am looking for recommendations, I have another 3 months or so to go on this diet but really don't want to be back here anytime soon so trying to re-educate myself in preparation for eating again. You advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

I can't believe how lovely and supporting you all are. It's nice to come on here :)
I agree with *Lilac*, Jessie you really have done amaaaazingly well, you all have :-D
Have either of you been exercising whilst on lipotrim?!
I'd like to stay on until jan/feb 2012 - could you recommend a good moisturiser? Is body butter just as good?
Thanks again <3 xx

I have tried to up my exercise a bit but have found that i have been quite tired especially at the beginning... At the moment i am doing a couple of hours a week swimming, nothing to hectic just nice gentle breast stroke, been taking the stairs instead of the lift, walking instead of getting the bus all that sort of malarky. At some point i am going to bite the bullet and go to a zumba class but i need my hours at work to calm down a bit before thats going to happen. As for moisturiser, i use the same one i used before molten brown's ambrusca body tonic its a bit pricey but a little goes a long way and it makes your skin feel and smell amazing...

Thanks lilac I may have to invest in some of that :)
How long have you been doing lipotrim for now? I hope I can do as well as you.
I've just been doing toning exercises and walking x

Hi juju,

I'm with Liliac and Jess here ... It's all about the changes you make after! No diet is any different .. I lost 5 stone on WW three years ago ... But last year I went off the rails and gained 3.5st of it back!

LT has helped be get off 2 st in 6 weeks and given me my confidence back! As for the loose skin I have done the same both times ... Got my butt into the gym to tone by weights etc and swimming ... And a regime of coco butter for stretch marks every few days and I am happy to report the results from WW loss and LT loss were the same ... My skin looks perfect no unsightly bits! just take the time to treat your skin and tone and you will be prefect!

Good luck! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Beckyboo - thank you for the advice :-D and well done for losing all that weight. I'm not sure I could manage the gym whilst on lipotrim. But I think I'm going to start swimming again and water aerobics, I hope that'll be enough :)
I was just abit afraid that if I made the effort to lose it all, I wouldn't look any different anyway because it'd all just be loose skin, especially on my stomach. Thanks again xx

Hi Jessie888

Blimey you have done so well ! Such an inspiration. Can i ask what books you have found to be useful ?? I have just bought The Optimum nutrition bible as a starter but am looking for recommendations, I have another 3 months or so to go on this diet but really don't want to be back here anytime soon so trying to re-educate myself in preparation for eating again. You advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Probably my top three books at the mo are Stop Counting the Calories and Start Losing Weight by Zoe Harcombe. It's great at explaining cravings and understanding the effects of candida, blood sugar problems and food intolerance. It's such a sensible book and the way I'm going to maintain my loss in future. (If you don't get the book, then google The Harcombe Diet and see what you think). The second book I'm reading now is called the Beck Diet Solution and it's all about motivating your mind and changing bad habits. The final book is still interesting but also funny: Only Fat People Skip Breakfast by Lee Janogly.

Reading those three really helped me feel more positive and strong and ready for the future. Hope they do the same for you, hun! :D

Thanks Jessie 888, that is really appreciated, will have a look on amazon in a bit x

Back