Confused :(

5sttogo

I had a blip at 4 in the morning last night i ate 2 pieces of toast, not because i was hungry or even that i was craving it, because i wanted to feel normal and like the diet was not consuming me,Its sounds ludicruos bit that is how i felt. I am on day six feel fine no hunger in fact i still feel in ketosis however i know that may be unlikely.

I need advice in my head at the moment im not sure if i should switch to slimming world or scottish slimmers, This just feels a bit insane at points,
advice please

Sam xx

You wont loose anywhere near as much doing those diets and this is the best for achieving what you want asap!! Once your in ketosis you will be better! and sleep better stick with it hun xx

Sorry to hear you're struggling. Lots of people have had blips, the worst thing you can do is punish yourself after. You're only being human darling.

I've considered giving up so many times in the last couple of weeks and I've convinced myself that it's the best thing for my health. But really, I know the best thing for my health is to be a healthy wait and no other diet has worked. I convinced myself last week that slimming world would be better for me but luckily I gave CD another day and then forgot that I was going to give up! I've done slimming world twice before and I don't have the will power to just have a little of anything. I'm an all or nothing girl which is why this is brilliant for me.

I've been on this for two weeks now and feel brilliant. I'm 8lbs lighter, I feel healthy, I don't feel hungry, I'm not tempted by carbs.

If you really don't think your head is right for this then maybe lighter life, with the counselling, would be better?? But all you've done is scoff two slices of toast. Plenty of people have done worse and still made a success of this diet.

I think you should pick yourself up, laugh at the audacity of getting up in the middle night and scoffing toast, and start again today. Congratulate yourself that you stopped at the toast and didn't empty the fridge in a mad rage!!! X

start - 12.2 current - 11.12 target 9.7

Hi

Why did you think that eating toast at 4 in the morning would make you feel "normal"? I could understand if you felt like being normal and eating toast any other time, but in the middle of the night (unless of course you work a night shift and that would be normal behaviour).

You need to make a decision whether you can (or want to) stick to CD... and you need to make that decision and really try to stick with it. You can see by reading the forums that if you stick to CD the results are awesome, but people can struggle on this diet, and it can be absolutely horrible.

I hope you feel better today, and I hope you can join us on this amazing journey - it's so worth it!! lol

Lx

I am in ketosis well at least was i dont feel crappy or hungry i just miss cooking and eating meals as a family? this is day 6 for me speed is not overly important i thought it was but with the amount of weight i have to lose i will most definitely have loose skin , its not the blip that is getting to me i just crave normality so to speak. I know this diet is fast but i dont need to do fast i need to do forever!
As for the 4 in the morning thing its this diet that has caused my insomnia i was up till seven!!
I did not get up to eat i was up.

What if you stepped up to step 1000? That way you'll be cooking and eating with your family but still keeping to a set plan?

If you have an iPhone, the app myfitnessplan is brilliant for keeping track of what you're eating. When I move up to 1000 cals I'll definitely be using that x

I have considered that but for the money it makes no sense, we are not well off at all so i would feel robbed on the 1000kcl plan compared to say 5 pound a week xx

I'm on SS+ and it does make a huge difference. I still cook for my OH, and I cook my CD meal, and it's a real godsend. And yes, it does make you feel normal.
What about stepping up a plan? The food choice is very restrictive, and you won't need to spend a great deal of money doing it. I understand tho - CD is v. expensive.

I do ss+ and I agree, it makes such a difference. I don't feel like I'm doing without during the day but in the evenings it is nice to actually eat something!

heya Sam , Dont beat yourself up!
I think these ladies are right about SS+ too...that small meal makes all the differance.With SS+ (which I had never tried before this time) I can actualy make my family a meal without it killing me.
If slimming world or scottish slimmers worked for you , you wouldnt be doing CD!
I do this vicious circle myself , I started the year on exante....10 days in 1 stone down went to WW....lost 10lb in 4 months....I exersise regular so I could easy maintain on WW but lose weight ...nope
Iv been doing this cycle for years and each time I come back to CD Im at least a stone heavier.
I know its hard some days but so is any diet , lets see this thru together x

I do understand i am on ss+ chicken and broccoli most nights so far, I have weigh in tomorrow going to talk it over with oh and see my cdc tomorrow xx

I have spoke to OH and we are going to do slimming world together and change our eating habits as a family you have all been very supportive this week, please keep being friends on here moving to slimming world forum.

Good luck on your journeys
Sam xx

Thanks hunny keep in touch do you want my shakes if you can pm on here st ab i can send them to you xx

Back