confusing weight movements

Jayellekay

this time - the last time
I am coming towards the end of my 3rd week. First week I lost 10lb, second week 1lb. Although my official weigh in isn't til monday - I am now 2lbs heavier than my last weigh in.

I just wondered if anyone had experienced similar?

I am finding it so so demotivating...but keep hoping the next weigh in is a big one, to make up for it! I'm worried though I will crack sooner rather than later.

Help!

if u r sticking to the plan 100% then u r losing weight, u maybe retaining water, my weight fluctuates from day to day... and i onlyget a true reading at the end of the week. Don't worry it will come off.

Thanks.

I've just been reading through the sticky's and I'm not doing well on the water front.

I will do lots better from tomorrow - hopefully tht'll sort me out!

Fingers crossed!

I used to weigh myself midweek and if I was heavier at the next weigh in then I would use the midweek weight.

If you stick to the diet the only way you can be heavier is water retention, it is impossible to put weight on if you have stuck 100% to the diet.

As others have said try increasing your water intake. I weigh daily and found my weight stays the same if I drink less than 4 litres. For me I get best results from drinking 5-6 litres.

my weight changes within 2-5lbs during the day! in the morning im currently 12.1 but by tea time i can upto 12.5 (usually on a bad day when im struggling with water intake) I am on a mission as of 2moro to drink SHED loads of water as im also trying to flush out this cold that is coming on, ive got my weight-in in the morning as well and also its my first day on AAM 2moro, im really worried cos even if i nibble in the slightest (and im taking like half a riveta here) i snap out of ketosis (according to ketostix anyway) instantly! does the weight still come off on AAM?

I only did the 790 diet, but yes weight will still come off in AAM week, you will still be eating less than 1000 cals and still in ketosis. The recommended calorie intake is 2000 for a woman, anything less and dependant upon your metabaolism there should be weight loss.

Oh it's so frustrating isn't it? I have tried to not weigh everyday but maybe alternate days. Be pleased with your successes and look at mini goals, you've lost 1/2 a stone and on your way to a stone loss. These should help motivation.
Good luck.

Weigh yourself as often as you need to keep yourself motivated. If this is daily then that is fine - and if it is weekly then that is fine too.

I weigh myself daily and apart from one day when my weight went up and I queried it in a forum site to find out why it would be, my scales show I am losing (even if it's only half a pound). If I have lost weight it spurs me on and on the day I put it on it I was just more motivated to drink more as I had stuck precisely to the diet.

Everyone is individual and you have to work out for yourself when you wish to weigh yourself and how much you drink.

It really doesn't help when people say "you should only weigh yourself once a week" - who decided this? It is just other people's opinions based on how they feel about it - and what is there to say that their opinions are any more valid than somone's who feels the need to weigh themselves daily?

Same goes for recommended calorie intake for a woman being 2000 - I'm glad leehal qualified this by saying "depending on your metabloism" as there is no way I can eat above 1000 calories without putting on weight. I realise there probably is an average but I obviously don't have any friends or family who are average!

Rant over.... sorry but these are real pet hates of mine.....have a good day everyone.

At the end of the day we all need to do what is best for ourselves. I do get on the scale a couple of times a day and I know that in the evening I will always weigh more than in the morning. It is what we do when we see a weight gain that matters. I know mine will be up at the moment as I had a big cheat on Sat and am now out of ketosis....my own fault and I have dusted myself off and back with the program.

Back