Confusion Re. Bars

ThinLizzy

Wants to be a yummy mummy
Sorry to be a pain guys, I have just been to sainsburys and bought the decadence bars, it says on the front net carbs 2.1g, but on the back it says there are 19g of carbs in it!!

Help!!

Just take the net carb figure 2.1g. Because Atkins is an American brand they label differently, if you look at the back the fibre is included in the Carb nutrition & has to be deducted which gives you the net carb figure... in the UK the fibre is already deducted & we just count the total carbs on packaging. x

This rule also applies to anything containing polyols, malitol & sugar alcohols as they all have no affect on blood sugars. HTH. x

Oooo what are these bars???

Oooo what are these bars???

They are the Atkins range bars, i can get them in our Boots store near the Slimfast range.. and also Sainsbury's..

They are basically a low carb, Atkins friendly range.. I like the Chocolate Chip Cookie DayBreak bars too

If you need a chocolate fix, these are the ones to get - as long as you count them in your daily target :)

PS - I forgot to mention - they are totally yummy LOL

thanks guys for the replies, I have bought 3 and I am looking forward to having 1 tonight. x

and they give you the runs. ;)

Id better eat more then! Lol. I had a chocolate orange bar today, wow it was lovely

I've bought the choc crisp/ crunch ones today from boots and they are half the price of the ones from sainsburys!

Awww I'm so jealous, I love the bars but cant have them cos they cause me to stall :jelous:

its prob why I gained! I have had the choc crisp one tonight and it is MUCH nicer than the decadence one that I had before. AND cheaper....Mmmmmm

FRANKENFOODS!

:D

Back