Considering ANOTHER return

LeaV

Hi everyone :) I'm a returner to CD and am unsure of whether I should do it?
I have had 2 weeks worth of shakes in my kitchen cupboards and no food in the house so it makes sense :) but what I'm scared of is putting everything back on I've lost (which I have in the last) I feel so amazing while I'm losing but when I have regained it kills me but I can't seem to stop! Help what do other returners think? X

Thanks hun :) u totally make sense!

I'm thinkin maybe I will do the next few days cutting down and counting calories until I go back to work next week....so much easier when your at work to do this diet!
Good luck to you!!! X

Hi! I should firstly point out that I am not a returner.....was just lurking in this section and saw this thread and wanted to comment.

I am 6 weeks into my first journey on CWP and I am lucky to be doing it with my OH. Dancing makes a lot of sense - OH and I have been talking about 'what we are going to do after the diet' for the last 4 weeks or so. I think its really important because we really don't want to be in the situation where we put the weight back on. We are going to follow the steps properly and have made some rules that will work for us for when we are maintaining. Such as, no alcohol allowed during the week (a big one for us as previously we were drinking at least 2 bottles of wine a night) and we will allow ourselves either a meal out or takeaway twice a month but only on the weekend. On previous diets I've always just wanted to lose weight, with no consideration for what will happen afterwards. I'm hoping thats what will make the difference this time.

I've noticed that the quietest part of this forum is the '1000-maintenance' section. I'm assuming that means that people aren't relying on this forum so much once they have reached that point or that they give up before that step!

I would say go for it; but perhaps work on changing your mindset and rather than look at it as a diet to lose weight, try and look at the long term goals and why you want to lose the weight and keep it off. That may help keep you on track.

Just my two pennies worth!

Thank you nikie excellent advice!!

I've knows so many people do this diet until they feel comfortable and then just go back to their old ways (including me) and only one of my friends has kept the weight off....an looks amazing!!!

Am definitely going to return to the diet but going to see if I can lose a pound or 2 on my own first....can't possible be eating any more than I am now! Xx

Good luck ladies x

The most successful maintainer I ever saw was a woman who continued to do 2 days a week sole source... and then ate normally on the other days. She said that it made her feel like she could have the little splurges now and then and not worry about consequences. She never did the 2 days together but rather separated them and did it on days that she didn't have anything on at home.
It worked really well and she continued to weigh in every week for 3 years until I moved areas and she moved to a different CDC. She lost just over 4 stone if my memory serves me correctly.

Discipline, I think is the key and knowing when you have to get back on the treadmill and stop the rot from setting in.... (I'm a little guilty of not reigning myself in soon enough and always end up with 3 or so stones I need to shift again)

If your head is in the right place to get back on the wagon then go for it.... but this is NOT a diet to have a half hearted attempt at! So if you aren't in the right mind mentally it may be better to save it until you are!

The most successful maintainer I ever saw was a woman who continued to do 2 days a week sole source... and then ate normally on the other days. She said that it made her feel like she could have the little splurges now and then and not worry about consequences. She never did the 2 days together but rather separated them and did it on days that she didn't have anything on at home.
It worked really well and she continued to weigh in every week for 3 years until I moved areas and she moved to a different CDC. She lost just over 4 stone if my memory serves me correctly.

Discipline, I think is the key and knowing when you have to get back on the treadmill and stop the rot from setting in.... (I'm a little guilty of not reigning myself in soon enough and always end up with 3 or so stones I need to shift again)

If your head is in the right place to get back on the wagon then go for it.... but this is NOT a diet to have a half hearted attempt at! So if you aren't in the right mind mentally it may be better to save it until you are!

Interesting. Because that's intermittent fasting in effect - the 5-2 version of intermittent fasting - you may have seen the recent Michael Mosely documentary about it? Fasting doesn't mean eating nothing in this context, it means having around 500 calories on a fasting day, or what Johnson Up Day Down Day dieters call a 'down' day. There's a JUDDD forum here on MiniMins if you'd like to know more.

I'm redoing Cambridge again and have every intention of moving back over to JUDDD when I'm done - my other half is doing JUDDD at the moment so it should work well for us. I find JUDDD-ing very useful for maintaining, but no good for weight loss (I'm too greedy on my eating days I think!)

Alipally and Lily....I still have 2 stone left to lose but am so worried about gaining it back so am already considering the maintenance side of things for once I reach goal, so that information is really interesting and certainly worth researching a bit further when I am ready!

Thank you!

Back