considering JUDDD... how do you find it?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I'm considering doing JUDDD as I can't seem to get my head back in the Slim and Save zone at the moment but I've never been too sure about it. So if people could answer a few questions and share their experiences I'd appreciate it.

Does it really work? How easy/difficult is it to stick to? What are losses like doing it?

It is early days for me but I can report a 3kg loss in one week. Albeit the first week of induction which is more extreme. I found my first down day ok with food but had headaches throughout the evening and also a little bit on my second down day. 500kcal isn't much and I haven't been particularly creative with it but hope to be next week. What I have found interesting is that I haven't wanted to go overboard on my Up days. I haven't been able to finish fairly modest portions of meals that I would ordinarily would have. Early days but a positive experience for me.

Early days for me too but I'm loving it so far. I did exante for about 4 weeks then gradually morphed into low carb which I liked but not sure how sustainable it was long term. I tried to go back to exante a couple of weeks ago but like you, I just couldn't get back into it. You know it's not a long term solution but the quick weight loss is very seductive. Anyway, I found JUDD after watching the Horizon programme on intermittent fasting and the health benefits and here I am.

I think the weight losses will be slower than a VLCD for obvious reasons but this is sustainable forever. The down days are a struggle sometimes but what gets you through is that you're never more than one day away from real eating. Funnily enough, that seems to take a lot of the urgency of trying to cram in as much as possible away. It's very odd. It's as if because you haven't broken your 'diet' and you can eat whatever you want you don't want it. You don't have to go back to a 'diet' cos you're eating what is now normal for you. Anything you like is available. There's no 'good' or 'bad' foods.

Some people do alternate days, some do double down days now and again or regularly, some do 24 hours of fasting 2 or 3 times a week. You just work out what suits you and your lifestyle and adjust accordingly.

How are you with not seeing the scales move regularly? That's an issue for some people. But if you're ok with that and are willing to give it time I'd say just go for it, try it and see how you get on. You probably will see a gain at first as you're coming from a VCLD but that's just a blip and if you can deal with that then what have you got to lose? :D xx

caroline g said:
I'm considering doing JUDDD as I can't seem to get my head back in the Slim and Save zone at the moment but I've never been too sure about it. So if people could answer a few questions and share their experiences I'd appreciate it.

Does it really work? How easy/difficult is it to stick to? What are losses like doing it?

Alloooooo Caroline!!!!! I recognise your face!!! :p

I've been juddding for 15 weeks and dropped just short of 30lbs on the easiest diet on the planet. Yes downs are hard but there's always an up tomorrow!

I was in a complete mess before I started juddd, I couldn't even stick to a day of dieting, by the end of the day I was binging. Now I rarely binge, and even if I do a good few down days sorts it right out! It took me a while to get into the swing of it. I was being really bingey on the first few weeks just because it was such a novelty. But then my insulin resistance completely sorted itself out, my stomach started to shrink and my head was completely clear of diet fog. I didn't actually realise how ill I was both mentally and physically.

I have had a few weeks where I've had to adjust my week arrangement due to social things, (I had a week with only 1 down day for example) but I have never intentionally broken a down. In 15 weeks. Hitting week 16 at full steam, usually I've long since lost interest in a diet by week 5 let alone 15!

I know you do like your exercise too (if memory serves) and I can safely do 4 days of intense training based on my schedule and I walk 3-4 miles on my fasting days. Nice and easy stuff on fasting days as I don't want to risk my health. I've attached a photo of my training/food week too if it helps x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-1229469680.jpg
    image-1229469680.jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 116
Thanks for the replies. And hi hannata :) think I'm going to give it a try. Are there any particularly rules for the up or down days?

caroline g said:
Thanks for the replies. And hi hannata :) think I'm going to give it a try. Are there any particularly rules for the up or down days?

Not strictly speaking. You should ensure you stay under your down allowance. Counting your ups can be useful to gauge what's normal. I don't count on my ups but I do restrict myself - I use a bit of sense really. As you go along you can make tweaks to the plan to suit yourself... As you can see I've nearly tweaked mine to the point of changing it into a whole different version, but it really works well for me. Don't be frightened to try something. We live and learn. My taking chances on trying different methods is the only reason I stuck to it. I've really made the plan work for me. I've had bad weeks along the way but I've learned. Truly embracing the plan is most definitely the way forward. Xx

Also as a note: I've never done strict alternation. The most down days I ever have is 3 in a week.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I've got so many things coming up before Christmas. Think I'm going to have down days all week and then up but sensible days at the weekend. Not sure if that'll really work in terms of JUDDD though, might not do that gene/hormone thing like that.

Back